“Best Breakfast in Town and Best Embassy Suites”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - O'Hare/Rosemont
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Des Plaines, Illinois
“Best Breakfast in Town and Best Embassy Suites”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I am relocating to Chicago so I had an extended stay here. The staff is excellent, consistent and very attentive. The rooms are extremely clean and roomy. It makes you feel at home. There's a few top restaurants within walking distance - Gibson's, Morton's, etc. The hotel is ideal if you are attending the Rosemont Convention Center for an event or want to be near OHare airport. There is an overhead walkway directly to the convention center. The hotel has a courtesy shuttle to OHare. The breakfasts are great. Be sure to have an omelet prepared for you. My favorite is with spinach and bacon. The happy hours are great as well. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
ESDTMGR, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - O'Hare/Rosemont, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Good morning,

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete our Guest Comment Survey. We are extremely pleased that we met your expectations in most regards and we look forward to being your host again in the very near future! I hope everything goes well with your relocation, and feel free to visit any time you'd like. Again, thank you for your response and for taking the time to let us know your opinion; please know that we value your business and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Polish first
Brule, WI
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I love this hotel- wish we could've stayed longer to enjoy it more. Our flight was cancelled to Minneapolis and this is where United put us up at. I thought this hotel looked gorgeous and the rooms were very spacious! Love the 2nd sink in the bedroom. The open walkways to your room was beautiful! Great job Embassy Suites!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Good morning,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. We are extremely pleased that we met your expectations in most regards and we look forward to being your host again in the very near future! Again, thank you for your response and for taking the time to let us know your opinion; please know that we value your business and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.

Lake Delton, WI
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We always try to stay at Hilton properties--preferrably Embassy Suites. This property in Rosemont is fantastic. Great guest service, especially the Valet/Bellman.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family

Lawrenceville, Illinois
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We stayed here with my daughters dance team for a weekend and let me say it was well worth the money! The breakfast was great! Happy Hour was wonderful! Everything was clean and friendly staff! I have no complaints!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
ESDTMGR, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - O'Hare/Rosemont, responded to this review, 9 February 2012

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 3 February 2012

The property is tired and over due for a deep clean and renovation. F&B is lack luster and just meets franchise standards. Staff is friendly but are working against a lacking physical plant. Third year staying here and it just keeps limping along. Shame on me for hoping it got better.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank artieboy
Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your recent stay. As the Director of Rooms at the Embassy Suites O’Hare Rosemont, I assure you that my team and I are working very hard to provide all of our guests with the products and services that today's traveler has come to expect and deserve. I apologize for the issues you encountered and can assure you we are working to resolve them. This year we are redoing our restaurant and bar and it will have a whole new look and feel, we are very excited about the changes. Again, thank you for your response and for taking the time to let us know your opinion; please know that we value your business and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.

Director of Rooms

Travellers are raving about these Rosemont hotels

Round Lake, Illinois
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This was the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel! It was dirty, run down and not at all what I have seen at any other Embassy Suites I have stayed in. The front desk was very rude and not helpful. I had 2 small children and all of our bags. No one could help me get my bags to my room, nor would they give me a luggage cart. In the room there was peeling wallpaper, mold, some sort of slime on our bathroom door, broken springs on the pull out bed and the windows were dirty. The main door to the hotel room was actually 2 french doors. Who in their right mind would have 2 french doors, with large windows opening up to an atrium where they begin to put together the morning breakfast at 6 am. They were so loud! We stayed here because there was a pool and thought it would be nice for our kids to swim in during the winter. To find the pool, you have to ask the front desk as there are no signs. When you finally get there, you may as well turn back. The pool was freezing cold, the pool deck had paint peeling off everywhere, not all of the jets were working in the pool and the hot tub was not a hot tub at all. It was a barely luke warm, disgusting mess. The sides of the tile were gray and the bubbles were loaded with film from it being so dirty. Cracks were in the walls and the area by the showers was flooded. We didn't have enough towels for 4 people to stay in the room and it took calling the front desk twice to get enough towels. Plus, to park it costs $25. Now, you are sharing the exact same garage as with the Hilton next door and they pay $18. How is that right? Yes, I did voice my complaints to the front desk, but they did not care. I saw one of the maintenance workers going in a mechanical closet by the pool and asked about the conditions of the pool and he just said "Sorry". I have pictures to prove how dirty and disgusting this hotel was. I am submitting them to Hilton as I am a Hilton Card Member and we used our saved up points to try and have a nice family getaway. I am very disappointed in Hilton for allowing one of their properties to be so dirty and rundown. Stay anywhere but here!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Mom2Twins2
ESDTMGR, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - O'Hare/Rosemont, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. As the Director of Rooms at the Embassy Suites O’Hare Rosemont, I am working very hard to provide all of our guests with the products and services to make their stay memorable. Your review indicates that you had a number of areas in which we failed to meet your expectations for which I sincerely apologize. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department heads that are certain to take the corrective steps needed to improve their areas.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Location was very nice it was just down the road from the airport,restaurants and other activities..the room needed alot of updates on the trim the wall had some holes.Some table surfaces needed to be dusted..The sofa bed was very uncomfortable my back hurt, my shoulders and my back of my ribs were sore the next 2 days.The doors are very thin so you can hear the elevator and the people walk by as if they were there in your room..So you defianlty couldn't talk very loud cause some one from the outside in the hallway could hear every word.Breakfast was ok the potatoes were hard and plain..the French toast was ok..they have a little store with food,pills,chap stick you know travel stuff..the restaurant there in the hotel is priced very expensive and service is slow! The pool was very cold, the floors were very chipped up with paint it could use a smooth paint job.It would be an ok stay here..

• Stayed January 2012
I wanted to thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm really sorry for the incidents that made your stay less than satisfactory. I have forwarded your message to our department managers and I can assure you that they will address the issues you have discussed. Thank you once again for staying with us.