“Enjoyable stay!”

Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Midland, Texas
“Enjoyable stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here over the weekend for a conference and enjoyed the hotel.
The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. The staff were helpful and the food in Basils Kitchen was very good! The Sea bass was extraordinary. The breakfast that was included was a feast! I was pleasantly surprised!
The fitness room was adequate but not over the top I didn't expect it to be either. I did not swim but the pool water looked very unclean!
The hotel is a bit tired but they are in the middle of some renovations. Very convenient to fashion outlet and many restaurants and other hotels. I would stay here again

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I did not have a great experience here. The atrium was under construction and things were chaotic. My room was the worst of it though. When I got there, 3 of the room lamps weren't working, the one by the bed was actually broken and the light bulb was hanging down the side of the lamp. The hair dryer in the bathroom was broken, the plug by the coffee pot wouldn't work, so I had to plug the coffee pot into the bathroom, and it still wouldn't work correctly. The bed was uncomfortable, it sunk in the middle, they need to renovate the rooms! At one point I tried to print my boarding pass at the hotel and the printer wouldn't work. I am just very unhappy with the hotel for the price I paid. I want a full refund. I do not recommend, save your money and stay somewhere with more integrity

Room Tip: don't book here!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Rosemont hotels

Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Hard to find entrance at night (back) not well marked. Lobby was nice and modern. The Room looked tired and HAMMERED and OLD. Had mold in the bathroom and the bathroom feels 20 years old. Not a great room overall though very spacious. They are remodeling the central area which means maybe rooms will be redone. The furniture and carpet look 10 years old. This does not adhere to my expectations.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Filthy, disgusting, holes in the wall, run down, outdated PRICEY hotel. Would never ever recommend this hotel. Booked through Abbey Travel. Big mistake. My total bill for 4 days was $850.00 Did not go above and beyond to help. Asked the front desk about dining options and the girl handed me a 4 sided list of restaurants none of which she could recommend. Front desk was annoyed that they had to change two rooms for guests with us because the toilet sprung a leak all over the floor and the other room's air conditioning didn't work. Terrible hotel. Horrible mattresses. Expect a backache for sure !

Room Tip: Sleep outside
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Ana C, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - O'Hare/Rosemont, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Sharon,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and front desk; we will work with our staff to ensure these issues do not happen again. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.

Ana Cisneros
Front Office Manager
Brooklyn, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed recently for one night in order to catch an early flight out of O'Hare. The complimentary airport shuttle was a nice service. The construction wasn't an issue at all since I was only there one night. Breakfast was great, and the staff was very nice.

The hotel was serviceable although as other reviewers have mention it is in need of updating. The room was fine although the towels were stained and the sheets on the beds had holes. Things just seemed worn, and the room didn't feel very clean to me. The parking was outrageously expensive for a couple of hours.

The most disappointing thing was the pool - it was disgusting. The water, which was cloudy, was hot, like bathtub hot, and there were drifting piles of some kind of sediment on the bottom along with other, unidentified bits of debris. I was staying there with my kid who was really excited about swimming but after stepping into the water up to my ankles and feeling how hot it was I decided we weren't going to chance it. It felt like some illness waiting to happen.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

American Airlines left us stranded at O'Hare Airport late at night and they could not or would not find us a hotel until they booked us on a replacement flight the next day. Finally all on our own and without benefit of a smart phone we landed a room at the Embassy Suites complete with shuttle service between them and the airport. The night manager, Anna by name if I recall correctly, was most obliging in directing us to a room on the second floor away from the madness of some of the 26,000 celebrants of Japanese cartoon characters who had descended en masse on Chicago that weekend and doubtless swallowed up nearly all hotel rooms in the vicinity! Too bad we didn't have sufficient time to enjoy the property which although under major renovation seemed well designed and maintained. Our suite was fitted out with all the usual: 2 TV's, sitting room, well appointed bedroom....
The only negative was that somewhere along the line, my new Hemp Tilley went missing with a few dollars in the secret pocket, a great hatband acquired while in Mexico, and my Oceania bronze pin!

Room Tip: Second floor in the corner.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank finicula
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Yes, the elevators were a bit... frightening. I tried to avoid the one that made a horrible noise, but that wasn't always possible with only three available. Other than that, though, I really enjoyed this Embassy Suites. The room was clean & I did not hear one bit of construction noise. The air conditioner worked very well. The staff I dealt with were all very nice & helpful. The food in the restaurant was good, if overpriced, and the free breakfast was top notch. Overall, I would stay here again.