“Great food, good selection, easy access, convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pancakes Eggcetera - CLOSED

Pancakes Eggcetera
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff
“Great food, good selection, easy access, convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

I chose the banana nut pancakes with sausage patties as a side item. The pancakes were generously sized and were brought to the table with a supply of warm syrup and whipped butter. The pancakes were topped with sliced bananas (not bananas inside the pancakes) and a handful of broken walnuts. They were fresh and tasty. But the thing I will remember most is the sausage patties. This was some of the best sausage I have every had. It was firm, yet tender, and juicy but not mushy, and was well spiced, but not overbearing. When in the area, I will definitely visit again!

The one problem I had was with the free WIFI. I was unable to connect with my iPAD. The manager noticed my trouble and offered to help. "iPAD?" he inquired. I responded that it was and he indicated they had problems connecting iPads and iPhones from the dining room but if he could take it back to the hotspot in the back, he would likely be able to connect. He did and brought the iPad back to me, still connected to their WIFI.

PROS: The food and friendly service
CONS: Troublesome WIFI

Visited April 2013
1 Thank WilliamT316

Medford, New Jersey
“Delicious Breakfast with Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

We had the most excellent breakfast two mornings in a row. The chorizo burrito is very good with plenty of cheese, chorizo, eggs and veggies. The atmosphere is very family friendly with a train running overhead for the kids to enjoy. We went back a second morning because the food was so good as well as the service. Our waitress was friendly and efficient. When we return to Chicago and stay near O'hare, we will definitely return to this place!

• Visited March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“so pleasant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

we found this restaurant by chance. from the moment we walked in we could tell it had a homey feel. it did not disappoint on any account. service was quick and friendly, portion size was good , and the food itself was very good. we enjoyed the relaxing lunch, and if we get a chance we would definitely come back.

• Visited January 2013
Middletown, Connecticut
“Good food, mediocre service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

If you're looking for a basic, no-frills diner, this is perfect. It has a decent menu and my food was good. I went three times, and had French toast twice and the vegetarian eggs benedict (with tomatoes and spinach instead of Canadian bacon) once. My husband wasn't blown away by the waffles but he did like the pancakes. The service is OK. It wasn't bad and it fairly quick, but the waitresses weren't very pleasant. They didn't smile at all and while they did say thank you it didn't seem sincere. I don't need my server to suck up to me but a smile would be nice.

• Visited October 2012
Houston
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

I ate here twice during my stay and the service, food and overall quality was very good. I only ate breakfast.

Visited October 2012