“Prepare to be charged for EVERYTHING.”

Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Independence
“Prepare to be charged for EVERYTHING.”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I was debating giving this hotel two stars, but the staff is very friendly, and the hotel overall isn't bad. The real issues I have involved the minor things that add up quickly. I get that this hotel is relative to O'Hare, so it's a relatively convenient location. But you have to pay for parking ($22 PER DAY), there are no refrigerators in the rooms (I know, some people never need one, but I do, and it's $25 A DAY-seriously?!---for what? Like electricity costs that much to drive a mini-fridge?), and the rooms are average. Pillows felt kinda nasty, and probably could be replaced, bed was comfortable overall, but don't be fooled by the "sound proofing" the front desk claims the hotel has. Planes flying overhead are definitely noticeable; however, it's really not as bad as you'd think.

The OTHER issue is their promotion of their amenities, and their pictures of what they say is on-site. I chose this hotel partly because their fitness facilities look great, and they're not. This is really bait and switch. Their weight room consists of a pulley machine and dumbbells...that's it. They have a cardio room, but it's standard. No other machines, no leg press, no nothing. Their facility looks awesome on the website, and it's not. HUGE deception there.

I'm honestly just disappointed that you go to a Hilton hotel, especially one rated highly by other travelers, and your bill will be much more than you think due to all of the extraneous costs involved. Again, convenience, but I didn't sign up for being nickel and dimed to death.

On a side note, I did leave a bag behind at the hotel and they shipped it over the same week. It took awhile to get in touch with the right person (I was transferred multiple times, also told to leave messages that were NEVER returned) but they got it handled, and for that I'm grateful. Major thanks to Nicole for her assistance!

I just know that next time I'm in Chicago, this won't be the place I stay. 15 minutes north of this and I'm getting a better deal, no ridiculous charges for basic comforts, and peace/quiet away from the airport.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My room was nice (I especially liked the motion sensor light in the bathroom), but I was disappointed to see that there was no fridge in the room.

This is the first hotel I have stayed at in a long time that did not offer free WiFi. The stay wasn't cheap, so it seemed especially stingy not to offer free internet access. The breakfast buffet and hotel bar were also extremely expensive.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Lawrenceburg, Indiana
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for business and pleasure. Very pleasant stay. I enjoyed the exercise rooms. One exercise room focused on aerobic exercises and the other weights. The pool was nice. Parking was not unreasonable at $16. I am not quite sure why I was not charged the full $22 a night as posted. The room was spacious and clean. Check in and out was efficient.

Lack of free in room wi-fi is a minus.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
PaulGrande, General Manager at Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Albert M,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and the layout of our fitness center. Sorry about the internet fee but I have to follow our brand’s guidelines, consider it a wash though since we didn’t charge you the full rate for parking! Hope to see you again soon.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We spent two nights here while attending an expo at a neighboring hotel. The room was very quiet, I only remember hearing two planes during our time there, which is rather remarkable given the proximity to the airport. We found the bed to be very comfortable and we both awoke well rested in the morning.
One very nice feature is that the Hilton is connected to a covered skywalk network which connects to Donald E. Stephens Convention Center and neighboring hotels.

Since we spent most of our days at the expo we really didn't use any of the hotel amenities - pool, fitness room etc. - but the Hilton was just perfect for our stay!
The staff has very friendly and helpful with any questions we had. We were very pleased with our stay and look forward to staying at the Hilton Rosemont for next year's expo.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south face away from the O'Hare. Opt for a high floor and you'll have a view of...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
MilesK418,

Thank you for your review. I hope you will be attending the same expo next year and you will consider extending your stay to enjoy more of our facility, especially our brand new Life Fitness gym equipment! See you soon.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My flight out of ORD was cancelled for mechanical reasons. The line up for customer service took me 3 solid hours (thanks for that, United). There were no more flights available that day so a free room at the Hilton Rosemont was offered for the night.

It was great! After having spending about 24 hours in different planes and airports lying down in a big, comfy, flat bed was heavenly. 5th floor room was quiet & clean. Staffers were very polite and helpful. I didn't use the available pool or exercise room because I only had the clothes I was traveling in. But they are there, for better prepared travelers.

If you are a traveler unwillingly stranded in Chicago, this is a fine option.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
islander003,

No one enjoys those kind of travel days, but we are glad you ended up here, thanks United! Hopefully you will be able to travel here as your true destination and enjoy everything Rosemont has to offer at your leisure.
Mercer Island, Washington
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Nothing fancy, but this was a very clean and pleasant hotel with great service. I attended for a business meeting and was very pleased There was nothing notably impressive, but absolutely nothing to complain about.

CWR01,

Thank you for your review. Hope that your travels return you to the area soon.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I was here here for a two night stay attending a conference. I had low expectations as you would presume of an Ohare Based hotel and was pleasantly surprised. Airport shuttle three times an hour gets you here conveniently (6-8 minutes). The lobby and rooms are well appointed (maybe recently renovated?) Someone mentioned this used to be the Sofitel.

Catered in the business meeting rooms (and there are lots of them), the food was adequate, but not outstanding.

Convenience to Rosemont Village - malls/movie theatre/bowling alley and restaurants made for a little bit of nightlife and outside time.

All in all a very decent stay that made up for the fact that I couldn't get into Chicago. Would definitely consider staying again, or try Aloft Ohare if you're part of the SPG world. Less meeting rooms, but closer to Fashion Outlets of Chicago.

Room Tip: Suggest a higher room for better light as lower buildings surround you. Try for Street view.
Lawrencejho,

Thanks for submitting your review. This was in fact renovated and converted into a Hilton three years ago. Hopefully we will see you again soon so you can compare the food to our new Executive Chef and culinary team. Safe Travels.