“3rd year wedding anniversary” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare

Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Kankakee, United States
“3rd year wedding anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were going to stay in a different location but chose Rosemount because we wanted to visit some of the new places near by. We were there for our 3rd wedding anniversary. We were very impressed with the look of the lobby and staff friendliness. The additional cost of breakfast was well worth the cost. (delicious) Having 24 hour access to the work out rooms was a big plus and 24 hour access to the internet down stairs was a MAJOR PLUS. The only thing missing was a mini fridge, other then that our stay was great. -_-

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

PaulGrande, General Manager at Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Michael A,

Congratulations on your third wedding anniversary! Thank you for submitting your review. We are honored that you chose to stay with us on such a special day. Hopefully we will see you on your fourth!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Machida, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have usually stayed at O'Hare Hilton for its location whenever I needed to take early morning flight from O'Hare. However the hotel sometimes gets too expensive and/or very crowded. In my recent trip, in which I had to take an early morning flight out of Chicago, I was able to book this hotel. There were pros and cons. First of all, especially in cold winter, it is difficult to find a way to get to the hotel. You actually have to the shuttle terminal right across the driveway from O'Hare Hilton to catch a shuttle, and shuttle schedule does not seem to be reliable (as far as leaving from the airport is concerned). In my last stay, I had to take a cab to save time, but the driver insisted that there was only one Hilton near O'Hare (i.e., O'Hare Hilton) even though I specifically mentioned 'Rosemont'. One I gt to the hotel, however, the staff was efficient and friendly, and the room was well maintained. On my way back to the terminal, the shuttle was running regularly and took only 10 minutes. Perhaps, the other issue you might consider is that, at night, there seem to be very limited dining options around and thus you have no choice but use the restaurant at the hotel. Nevertheless, it is a good hotel for an overnight transit.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PaddingtonTokyo
PaulGrande, General Manager at Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
PaddingtonTokyo,

Thank you for your review. The shuttle system should work just as regularly from the airport as it is to the airport. Sorry if there was a delay. Next time you are in the area, please let us show you the dozens of options that exist for dining in Rosemont.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Spent a period of 9 nights in the property for business visit. Even though the hotel is rated as a 4 star, basic amenities are not available in the room. Bottled water was not provided in the room and no mini bar. The location surroundings are not great, dining and entertainment options are very limited, onsite and in-room dining options are below average and over priced. The air conditioning system is horrible! Although it's designed to be individually controlled down to 63F (17C), it doesn't fall below 75 (24C). I have notified the from desk and the management has apparently switches off the AC system during the night, as the temperature outside falls down (This was during the month of June). So, I do not have an air conditioner and can't open a window to keep the room cool. These annoying cost saving measures have caused unnecessary inconvenience, I always woke up covered in lots of sweat. In several cases, I came back from work and my room wasn't clean! I had to inform the front desk and wait in the lobby until the room was serviced. I had to inform the front desk every time before leaving the room to ensure house keeping service was provided. The onsite convenience store is unbelievably expensive, a water bottle can be as high as $4.00! Basic amenities like toothpaste were not available. The nearest Walgreen's or Target stores are reachable within15 minutes by car. One ATM available on site and charges up to $3.15 for a cash withdrawal. This hotel caters to the basic needs of a transit traveler, and not a long term occupant. I regret giving business to this hotel and I do not recommend staying here, unless you're transiting and out of options.

Room Tip: If you get an offer to purchase an upgrade upon booking, take advantage of it. You can easily get a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MGKhoory
MGKhoory,

I regret that you did not value your stay. We do appreciate your candid feedback while taking the time to submit a review. Although we may disagree on your perception of the Rosemont area and its offerings, as well as amenities that we do offer in our hotel, your perception is the most important. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. If your future travel should ever have you in our area again, please contact me personally, we would be honored for another chance to earn your business and regain your respect.
Dumont, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I feel very cold, while I stay. However, I can't adjust room temperature. System doesn't work well and isn't easy for the guest. I remember, last time, too. And door closed strongly. It was so noisy for the next door guest. Also, I couldn't find good restaurant near this hotel. There are only expensive restaurant near this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Drugstar1010
Drugstar1010,

Thank you for your review. We wish you had let us know that you were too cold, our Engineering team could have definitely assisted in that problem. I apologize for the negative experience you endured. As for non-expensive restaurant, there are dozens within walking distance. The MB Financial Park Entertainment District has several by itself! We can provide you with a fully detailed list of ALL restaurants should your travels return you tour area.
Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We spent four nights here and I can safely say this one of the friendliest hotels we have stayed in.
We received a room upgrade which was spacious and spotlessly clean as were all the public areas.

The buffet breakfast was really good - fresh, plenty of choice and the staff kept the orange juice and coffee flowing. Cooked to order omelettes,eggs and the like were also available. Although the food at dinner was of good quality in the bar and restaurant the choice is fairly limited.

The hotel is conviently located for the El into downtown.

We would definitely stay here again when in the area

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
WizardBristol,

Thank you for submitting your review. I am delighted to see that you really enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon!
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

My daughter And I Recently stayed here. It's clean, comfortable and has a great restaurant, which has the very best breakfast we've ever had! The staff is nice and helpful. We attended a business meeting here for two nights. It was our second time to do so.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Bonnie J.

I think you just made the Chef’s day! Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We can’t wait to see you again on a future visit.
Weatherford, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I spent 3 nights/4days at this hotel. The staff is extremely service oriented and met every need. There is a great restaurant on the first floor, close to the airport and Rosemont was a nice area. We ate at Giordano's just down the street and stopped in the casino for an entertaining evening. would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
RhondaWeatherford,

Thank you for submitting your review. Glad to see you were able to take advantage of several offerings in our area. Hopefully your time in the casino was profitable!