“Good service.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Metamora, Illinois
“Good service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

The room was cozy and lovely but I was really impressed with the service we got there. The shuttle driver Jose was very friendly and did his job well. The front desk lady, Chimere, helped us out with tourist information and saved us money by telling us to take the shuttle instead of driving to downtown. Thanks girl. The only negatives about the hotel is that there was no hot tub in the pool room (would have been nice to have one), the thermostat was hard to control and it was hot in out room and the food was on a scale of 1-10 a 4.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Basanta S, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are sorry to hear about the difficulty that you encountered with the thermostat while being our guest. On the other side, we are very fortunate to have a wonderful staff that strives to make every guest’s stay as enjoyable as possible. We do hope you return to our property again in the future and we look forward to having you as our guest again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Thai first
Wakefield, RI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed at the SpringHIll Suites for 4 days. The hotel itself is under refurbishment so it is a bit jumbled up. Lobby is nicely one and the breakfast buffet area is also none. Both redone well. Staff were VERY good. We had a delay in our flights getting to Chicago so our bags did not make it to Chicago with us. Staff was very helpful where they could be and our bags got to our room as soon as they arrived at the hotel. The exterior of the hotel are a bit of a mess with the construction going on. The rooms are kind of a strange layout but they are working with what they have. We would stay there again if we got back to he area.

1 Thank Yakuza744
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize for any inconveniences that you may had encountered during our renovation process. On the other side, I am happy to see that you had a pleasant time with us and our staffs were able to accommodate all your needs. We do hope you return to our property again in the future and we look forward to having you as our guest again.
Milwaukee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

Checked in 12/15, out on 12/18. Was in town for a conference at AMA. After doing some research I decided to stay at the SpringHill Suites as it included Wi-FI, Parking AND... Free Breakfast. Check in was very easy, room was clean, large (it was just me) and really HOT, probably my only minor complaint - that I had the air on in my room the majority of the time... Room came equipped with a nice big LG TV, microwave, small refrigerator, coffee maker - all of which I used. I did use the fitness room once, it was pretty standard for a hotel. 2 elipticals, one didn't work so well but the other was fine. I did notice the pool was closed but okay by me. The hotel was doing some construction but aside from rerouting the driveway (I had a car with me), I had no problems with it. The power was off one night but they presented me with a letter stating that it was going to happen, details in case of emergency etc. So again, was fine by me.

Free breakfast was just that, a free breakfast. They had eggs, sausage, pastries, cereal, yogurt. It wasn't gourmet but each day that I was there, it was hot and plentiful. Come to think of it I had breakfast each of the 3 days and never had the same thing. Obviously, I didn't mind so much! :)

I did like how close it was to the AMA (less than 5 minute drive time, only 1 stop light). And it was maybe 10-15 minutes from the Fashion Outlet mall. Which is you are a shopper, you must go. Traffic was never horrible since I was going such short distances and I never had to get back on the interstate, all was on Higgins or right off of Higgins.

Staff was very nice, polite and quick. I de-magnatized my room key and they fixed it for me after asking me a couple of security questions - which I found comforting that they questioned me.

My next AMA conference or Fashion Outlet trip - I will stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SpringHill8101, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy the room accommodated all your needs and you were able to utilize the room amenities. We look forward to serve you as our guest in the near future.
seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on 12/16-- had high expectations but was let down. Looking forward to the pool-- it was out. The room-- it was ok, but the toilet is very close to the restroom door and one can fall over it if not very careful when you walk in. Power was out from 1-4 am in the entire hotel. The lobby and adjoining Outback restaurant both have a horrible cold draft throughout-- not too welcome when you come in from a cold Chicago day. Our room was the only warm place. The breakfast buffet was just ok and staff did not appear very attentive to cleanliness or to replace food items that ran out. Night Manager Ron was not very helpful when my wife called in concerns until I went down personally to see him myself. Visit family in Chicago often but would probably not stay here again

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your honest feedback.
We do recognize we had a power failure which did effect our pool and heating system. Although it was for a minimal period of time, it certainly created some inconveniences. We would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us but would love to have you as our guest again.
We would like to assure your future experience with us will be both enjoyable and a legendary one.
Des Plaines, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

I have been to over a dozen Marriot's in the area, and this one is my favorite. What really did it for me was the super friendly, super nice, staff. The breakfast is excellent. and the workout room is really good for a marriot as well. The pool is nice, but there is no jacuzzi.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Rhonda R, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we know that your time is valuable and appreciate your kind words.

Your comments have already been shared with our entire team and we are all ecstatic that you consider us your favorite Marriott in the area.

Yes, our hotel is best known for the super friendly service and high hospitality levels. We hope you will come back to see us soon.
Lakeville, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

We had a great experience at this hotel. The hotel staff went out of their way to help by ensuring our room was ready with a crib, to accomodate our late arrival (Thanks Teresa). Ron went the extra mile getting milk for the baby's bottle.

The entire staff seemed happy in their work, and it was reflectedin how they were eager to be sure they helped in anyway they could.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We are glad you had a great expereience with us and would like to thank you for the time taken to write a review of our hotel.

We are very fortunate to have a wonderful staff that stives to make every guests' stay as enjoyable as possible. Your review was shared to our daily all employee meeting, with Ron and Theresa recognised for going above and beyond.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to the area.
Miami, Florida, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Hot breakfast with a good variety of options. Has an Outback Steakhouse on the first floor.
Within 5 blocks to the west, there are 4 locally-owned options; two Italian/pizza, 1 diner/breakfast spot(Mac's excellent diner,) 1 Thai.
Offers a shuttle to/from ORD, Door 2 at the shuttle lobby of from Terminal 2. Also has free parking.
In the midst of renovation, new lobby looks like it should be ready & open soon.
While the first room assigned had previously smoking guests, the staff quickly reassigned us, apologized profusely and sent housekeeping immediately.
Stayed for meetings over three days. Nice/ quiet meeting rooms, excellent break service. Catered dinner was well presented, service and tasty.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give a detailed review of your experience at our hotel. We are so glad that you found our amenities convenient for business travel.

We are very sorry you had to experience the smell of smoke in the first room that was assigned to you. It does sometime become a challenge to make sure all our guests follow the rules in our 100% non-smoking hotel. However, we are glad we are able to rectify the situation to your satisfaction.

We look forward to seeing you on your next business trip to the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
O'Hare
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
The Westin O'Hare
#5 of 18 in Rosemont
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,115 reviews

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!