“Questionable Shuttle service”

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Rollinsford, New Hampshire
“Questionable Shuttle service”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Called hotel on arrival at airport and gave our specific location (Terminal and door) 3 calls and 1 hour later they finally showed up on this very cold night. Front desk excuse was very lame.
Room was very nice, we did have a good nights sleep. Departed at 6:15 am but there was no food out (room was supossed to inclued this)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank enochNH
Basanta S, Guest Experience Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
We are saddened to see that you didn't enjoy some of your experience with us. I apologize for any inconveniences that you may have encounter during your recent experience with us. I also apologize for the misinformation about the hours and pick up location. We do complimentary breakfast every morning where the hour varies during the weekdays and the weekend. Our shuttle picks up every top and bottom of the hour in the airport at door 2. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. We hope on your next visit to Chicago you will choose our property again and we promise you an exceptional service with a room of your choice.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Thai first
Meriden, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed in this wonderful hotel a few times, the last one this past week. Enjoyed all the hotel provides, from impeccable rooms to excellent customer service, accessibility, perks, and a wonderful complimentary breakfast

Room Tip: Had a corner suite, which provided a wonderful view of the area.
1 Thank Carmen R
Thank you for taking the time to provide us and our Trip Advisor guests with such a pleasant review of our property. We strive to produce an absolute best level of service. It is very rewarding to hear about a job well done. We can't wait to see you again in the near future!
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I never give a review on these bulletin broad because I fear that no one would read them, or take the information that is given seriously. However, after my delightful experience at Springhill Suites O'Hare Chicago, and my encounter with the front desk staff , and with Chimere, I must say something to perused anyone who is traveling the Chicago-land area to visit this hotel. Chimere, made my overnight stay one of the most delightful experiences that I've ever had at any hotel throughout my business career, ranging from her informative knowledge about the hotel and all of its enmities, all the way down to her usable and great direction giving sensibility. Chimere, posses a warm, and friendly demeanor that makes conversation with her not only engaging but welcoming. Springhill Suites, lives up to reputation as a friendly, professionally , hotel that provides comfort to everyone that visits.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Basanta S, Guest Experience Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for your great comments about Chimere and the review (not to forget, your first one) about our hotel. She is a great associate and loves creating an experience for our guests. We look forward to your return and we guarantee you will have as great of a time as you did on your most recent experience.
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have to work in an office down the road from this hotel about 6 weeks a year. I have stayed in a couple other hotels in the area over the last several years and this is the one I keep coming back to. The customer service is great, the rooms are clean and beds are comfortable.

1 Thank Matt V
Basanta S, Guest Experience Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
We are delighted to know that you had a great experience with us and would like to thank you for taking the time to write review of our hotel. It is always good to have you back as our guest. We hope on your next visit to Chicago you will choose our property again and we promise you the same exceptional service.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I had the pleasure to have this young lady Chemere. She is such an asset to your company. I can tell she loves her job. The reason for this she went above and way beyond what is and was expected of an employee. I hope her passion and hard work is recognized. I also hope she moves up the corporate ladder as all excellent and hard working employees do.

She offered to come to my room and pick up my payment for dinner and then brought me my dinner. She didn't have to, but was so kind enough to offer not knowing how tired I was. There are not many people out there who love what they do and she does.

Room Tip: Northeast corner was very quite. would stay here again!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Chimere is a great team member and has an innate passion for serving guest and creating experience. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. We would love to have you as our guest again in near future.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 14 April 2014

From the moment I made my reservation until I left my stay was fantastic. I live locally and was taking classes at another hotel and Springhill has local shuttles and since the price was more reasonable I reserved a room at Springhill for 3 nights. The people at the front desk were very pleasant and helpful. My room was a double suite which made it nice and big. Separate sitting area with fridge, microwave, sink and coffee pot. There was a sofa bed and a large tv which was very visible from both the bed and sofa. The room was very comfortable, clean with a large window. It was on the opposite side from the airport but when you pick a hotel near an airport you have to expect airport noise. The free breakfast is a wonderful perk. Hot eggs, cold milk and fresh fruit. All the shuttle drivers drove safely and were courteous. All I had to do for a pickup from another hotel was call and the shuttle always came faster than I was told to expect which was great. I even had the guest experience manager, Basanta Shah as my driver several times. He knew why I was there and took an avid interest in how my classes went. When my next set of classes come in August I will be making my reservations at Springhill.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the airport are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Basanta S, Guest Experience Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. Your attention to detail is incomparable, and I'm pleased you touched on just about every aspect of the hotel. We are delighted that your stay with us was enjoyable. We strive to do our best to make our guest feel like they are at home away from home. We have an amazing team who exemplify the spirit of real hospitality. We can’t wait for you to come back and visit us in August and we promise you will have the same exceptional experience.
(Not to forget, it was a pleasure to talk with you and see your creativity)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stay at this hotel all the time, I'm am usually always satisfied. EXCEPT with the front desk service. They are rude. During one particular stay, I called and viewed online that there was king executive suites available. I received a double suite and was charged the extra amount between the two room. When I came up to the room I called the service desk and asked if they had the original room I was looking for, she stated that they did have them available. I went back to the service desk and addressed them about the issue. I asked to get my room switched and refunded the extra 30 I was charged. The manager was very rude and said he refused to because I entered the room. He told me he would fully refund the room but if he did I would not be allowed to stay at his hotel anymore. After arguing with me for 20 minutes, he went downstairs. I followed him 10 minutes later to find him and a women talking bad about me at the service desk. I called corporate, after being on the phone for 30 minutes with them, (they were very helpful) they convinced the RUDE manager to refund me my money. And stated he was only doing it because he had too. After this I will never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Marissamariiex3
Basanta S, Guest Experience Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Thank you taking the time to write a review about our property. I am very sorry that you had a poor experience with us during your recent stay. I can assure you the issues you experienced are not reflective of our typical level of service. We usually get good comments about our front desk team but unfortunately we didn't meet your expectation. I also apologize for the room type not being of your choice and our manager not being able to help you. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing an excellent hotel experience. Please be assures that we are taking corrective steps to avoid such problems in future. We would like to regain your trust. Please expect a personal email from me. Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
O'Hare
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
Hyatt Regency O'Hare
#8 of 18 in Rosemont

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!