Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
philadelphia
“Oh the noise!!!!”
Reviewed 28 October 2007

United canceled my flight, so I was forced to spend the night in Chicago. There are not a lot of affordable, decent choices close to the airport.....The Doubletree seemed like a bargin at $179 plus tax.

Yes, Doubletree has done a great job branding; Yes, Doubletree has nice new rooms, lobbies, etc, but the reality is the chain still has some real issues.

My room overlooked the main (and busy) parking garage....The entire night all I heard were cars, trucks and airplanes. The noise was worse then being in any major downtown...it was just horrible!!! I really believe I would have been better off spending the night in a corner at the airport (afterall United did not give me my luggage back).......

If you must stay at this location, DO NOT get a room overlooking the garage.....And do not keep your window open....

On the plus side, the bathroom was wonderful; large shower!!

• Liked — bathroom
  • Disliked — noise, noise, noise from the cars, trucks and airplanes
4 Thank Scot D
Ruby M, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Ruby M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Turkish first
Austin, TX
Reviewed 27 October 2007

This is a really nice hotel. The front desk was very helpful and let us check in early (10 am). The room was spacious and immaculate. The amenities in the bathroom were fantastic, a full sized hair dryer and a full array of Neutragena products.

One small glitch, we were in a room next to the pool. There was some sort of fitness event taking place in the hotel and I was awakened before 7 am with loud music and someone on a loud speaker in the pool area. Anyways, I called the front desk and they sent a bellman up to take our things to a new room. They were extremely pleasant about it.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, just don't take a room by the
pool.

• Liked — The EXCELLENT staff
  • Disliked — Getting a room by the pool
North Carolina
Reviewed 7 October 2007

When I talked to the hotel prior to coming, I was told there was a complimentary airport shuttle that picked up every 15 minutes. It actually took about 30 minutes. It was fairly busy in Chicago when I flew in, so that may account for some of the extra time.

The hotel was nice and the room was large, although I could not get my preferred room type. The bed was reasonably comfortable, but not as comfortable as those in the Hampton Inns. The bathroom was quite attractive and the separate shower stall was convenient.

You have to ask at the desk for the internet code for the free wireless access, which is only available in the lobby and the mezzanine level. The code appears to work for a one day period.

There is a coffee maker in the room (hidden in armoire), but no refrigerator. I used the regular coffee packet the first day and it was not replaced. The Early Grey tea was good.

The pool is warm (maybe a bit too warm for some tastes) and clean. The jacuzzi was clean and hot, but not boiling hot. The whole pool area was clean and attractive, with plenty of good-sized pool towels.

Eau Claire, WI
Reviewed 23 July 2007

We stayed at the Double Tree for our convention at the Donald Stevens Convention Center. Perfect place to stay for close access to the Center. Very close to the Allstate Theatre as well. Nice steak house downstairs. Small coffee shop (Starbucks) off the lobby. Really nice conference rooms as well. The rooms are nice and big. Loved the bathroom. A shower stall and a seperate tub. The front desk people were extremely helpful and friendly. The problem we had was with maid service. We literally ran out of toilet paper and kleenex. The bathroom had a two roll holder and we had used one up, left the room for the day and during their clean up time, they took the empty roll off and didn't replace it. They also didn't leave us with a box of kleenex...ours had two pieces left in the box. Not a good situation with three women in a room! Otherwise our stay was very nice.

• Liked — The location to the Convention Center
  • Disliked — the lack of toilet paper
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank OnlyMeDSW
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 March 2007

We were disappointed to find that the restaurant 'Off the Park' seemed to keep random and sporadic hours instead of the hours posted. (We came down for dinner around 9:00 and there was a line to be seated, so we went up to the room for about 15 minutes and when we got back down the restaurant was closed!) It was also closed, along with the gift shop/coffee shop, in the middle of the afternoon. As this hotel is located in an area with only other hotels and the convention center, there were not a lot of other options without having to drive somewhere.

The room was average, and I do agree that the shower is nice.

• Liked — Huge, gorgeous shower
  • Disliked — Service, restaurant
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Katonthego

Baltimore
Reviewed 11 February 2007

I ended up at the Doubletree after the Embassy Suites was booked up, and it was the best thing that could have happened. This is an amazing property with recent renovations and quite possibly the nicest bathroom I've ever had in a hotel room. The shower was separate from the tub and glass enclosed, it was big enough for 2 people. The beds were comfortable and the room very clean.

Room service was a bit of a disappointment, as was "Off the Park" restaurant in the lobby and the gift shop...but even with that this was a great stay with excellent value.

• Liked — The bathroom shower
  • Disliked — Room service and dining
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
3 Thank realhanes
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 February 2007

My husband and I stayed here for one night in late April 2006. Upon check-in, reception staff were lovely, very helpful. Our room was very clean with a big bathroom, double shower. The bed was possibly the most comfortable hotel bed I have slept in. Unfortunately that's where the positive things ended.
When my husband called reception later that evening to inquire about late check out, the female staff member was very rude to him. The next morning when we went to the hotel restaurant for breakfast, it took too long to be seated, service was very slow and by the time we got our meals they were pretty much cold. The waitress was inattentive, to say the least. It was very hard to flag her down, and when we did manage to get her attention she took 20 minutes to get 2 cups of orange juice to us. The restaurant wasn't busy, there were maybe three other couples dining that morning.
We had been told upon check-in that there was a shuttle service to O'Hare. Upon checking out of the hotel, we asked where to wait for the shuttle and were told to wait at the hotel bus outside the main doors where a shuttle bus would take us to the airport in ten minutes. We waited. And waited. I went back inside the hotel after twenty minutes and asked when the shuttle would be leaving, and was told "in five minutes." We waited some more.
After forty minutes waiting I was ready to hail a cab, but by husband went back inside and asked about the shuttle, explaining that we'd been told forty minutes ago a shuttle would be leaving in ten minutes. When my husband came back outside, a staff member finally came and opened the shuttle bus doors for us so we could board. The bus didn't leave for another ten minutes, until three other guests showed up. We were left waiting for a grand total of 55 minutes for a shuttle that was supposed to leave 45 minutes prior. Had the staff told us the shuttle wouldn't leave until other guests showed up, or that it wasn't leaving for "x" amount of time, that would have been fine. However, it was really infuriating how we were left standing outside for that length of time and not told the truth. These two incidents really put a dampener on what was otherwise a pleasant stay. If you find yourself spending the night there I would advise you have your own transportation (get the train to the airport instead!) and avoid the hotel restaurant. The CTA is a ten minute walk from the hotel, you'd be better off going downtown to get a bite to eat.

• Liked — The very comfortable beds
  • Disliked — The sub-par service upon check out, the bad experience in the hotel restaurant
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Nuala M
Please accept my apologies on behalf of the team at the property. We truly appreciate that you chose to stay with us, and we know that you have many places to choose from for your lodging needs. I would appreciate it if you could please give us another opportunity in the future.
Thank you again for sharing your comments