Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Arrived here during a huge snowstorm. Luckily, we had reservations in advance. Staff very nice and helpful. Expensive to park, but not much free parking in Chicago, so we expected this. Gibson's was an excellent place to eat. Can't say a lot about airplane noise, because the airport closed due to snow. Roads were scraped by the next morning, however. Rooms clean and comfortable. Exercise room pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
ESDTMGR, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Good aftertnoon,

Thank you very much for taking the time review our hotel. We are extremely pleased that we met your expectations in most regards and we look forward to being your host again in the very near future! I'm glad you had a comfortable stay during all the snow we have been getting and hopefully we can be your hotel of choice under better circumstances.

Best regards,
Director of Rooms

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I organized a 4 day event for our sales team at this hotel and found the location to be very convenient to the airport and city.

The event planning staff were effective, courteous and very accommodating to our requests. The AV staff were awesome also.

The on site restaurant is good for lunches etc, although if you are there for more than a few days, the menu is a little small.

Local restaurants and entertainment are within 5 minutes walking distance and include bars, restaurants, a comedy club and a bowling alley.

The pricing in this hotel is very reasonable too. Shuttle to and from the airport every 20 minutes.

What more to say? Really nothing, good quality hotel and event center with a great staff!

Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete our Guest Comment Survey. We are extremely pleased that we met your expectations in most regards and we look forward to being your host again in the very near future.

In addition to the amenities you mentioned a brand new outlet mall is opening up this summer just walking distance from the hotel. Hopefully you can come back and enjoy that great new feature to our Rosemont area.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

Smooth check in/check out, clean and attractive property. On-site dining with Gibson's steak house a plus! There is also a small entertainment district, The Park at Rosemont, that is walkable through the parking garage. It features several restaurants and bars as well as ice skating rink in winter or family movies in summer. We stayed for a convention at the adjacent Stephens Convention Center, so this property is perfect for that.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south would offer more of a "view" but the property is between O'Hare air...

Good afternoon,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your most recent stay. I'm really glad we were able to meet your expectations and accommodation needs; your loyalty is our biggest compliment. In addition to the entertainment district that you mentioned a brand new outlet mall is opening up this summer just walking distance from our hotel. We hope we can be of service to you once again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

We stay here every time we come for the International Motorcycle Show in Chicago. Great comfortable rooms/beds and love the showers and of course the cookies are the best!!! Great value for the price. The hotel connects to a skybridge so you are out of the elements!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
ESDTMGR, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. We are extremely pleased that we met your expectations in most regards and we look forward to being your host again in the very near future!

Again, thank you for your response and for taking the time to let us know your opinion; please know that we value your business and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 February 2013

The lobby was on steroids. It was flashier than what I'd expect from the typical Doubletree. My bathroom had a nice shower stall (which I like) as well as a separate tub. The location is great - it's a stone's throw from the airport, and there are some good restaurants around. That evening it was so cold outside I decided to stay in for dinner. This Doubletree had two restaurants on the premises. I picked the BC Bistro and they did a good job with my halibut. Plus: Since I'm a sucker for dessert, they get extra points for their bread pudding - light and not overly sweet. Mmm-mm...

As for the stuff I would expect from a typical Doubletree: The staff was efficient and helpful, my room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Bonus: From my room I got a panoramic view of a parking deck and the interstate - which is great if you like that kind of thing.

But seriously, I didn't come here just for the view. I like this hotel. I shall return.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel and we appreciate the high marks. I'm very glad you were able to visit our restaurant and had such a good experience. We look forward to being of service to you in the future, we will definitely get you a better view on your next reservaitons, thank you again for the feedback.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

We were able to get a room quickly at about 9pm when the weather was bad enough to ground our flights until the next morning. Doubletree had a room for us and a shuttle to get us to and from the airport. They are a very clean hotel and we received our warm cookie at check in. I have stayed at this hotel before when flying out from O'Hare and will continue to use it again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Firstly the good thing about this hotel - The bar and restaurant facilities are good. Great service and good fare.

My company uses this as the preferred hotel for staff when in Chicago. I arrived and tried to use my company credit card (with the logo on it) to check in. As this was my 3rd overseas trip in th month, it was declined. I had to wait in reception for 2 hours (with screaming jet lag) while my PA had my credit card limit increased .

Secondly I was put on the 2nd floor. There was a smell of smoke on this floor when I walked onto it. I went to sleep and woke up feeling sick and light of breath. I called to say that I was unhappy with my room as it was on a smoking floor "we don't have a smoking floor sir". OK I figured I had a rogue smoker int he room next to me.

Next night I went out to dinner and came back to the room. The hotel had air conditioning units and fans running on max (about 5 of them). I got into my room and it stank, all my clothes stank, my bed stank all of stale smoke.

I went to reception and STILL they said this was a non smoking hotel. I went to the bar and I spoke to some fellow resident and he told me the hotel is non smoking but they put them all on the 2nd floor.

OK so now my health has been put in danger and you are lying to me.

When I checked out I spoke to the manager and he was apologetic, which was nice as it was the only person in reception that was in danger of cracking a smile. They are the most miserable bunch you could come across. They make you feel sorry for them they are so pitifully sullen.

If you like having your health out at risk and being lied to by inept sour puss' then stay here, otherwise choose another hotel at the airport, I know I have done.

Room Tip: Tell them you don't want to stay on the smokers floor that isn't a smokers floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Ruby M, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

I am sorry to hear that we failed you during your stay here at the hotel. As you can read in previous reviews the customer service is one thing we really pride ourselves on. It is our goal to provide exceptional service to every guest, unfortunately it appears that we did not achieve that during your stay.

We value the loyalty of our all of our guests and always look to them to provide us with honest feedback.

Warmest Regards,