Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Jupiter, FL
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

My wife's 93 year old mother was in poor health and we needed a hotel near her for our recent visit. We chose this hotel; and, all in all it was a nice experience. We were disappointed that the hotel did not include a complimentary breakfast. The hotel did have an attached restaurant that did have a breakfast service, but it was only a large fixed price breakfast. Too much food for us. I cannot recommend the nearby Denney's. We did have dinner at the hotel one night and it was excellent. This hotel in convenient to O'hare and we saw several members of airline flight crews spending the night there. This a good sign as they are experienced travelers

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
ESDTMGR, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I'm really glad we were able to meet your expectations and accommodation needs; your loyalty is our biggest compliment. We do offer a breakfast buffet and along with that you can actually order individual items off the menu at a lower cost than the buffet. I'm glad you enjoyed dinner and hope when back in the area you will give us another opportunity to be your host.

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I am a corporate flight attendant and often arrive exhausted and at all hours of the day and night. A quick check in is always much appreciated. Ruby did the fastest checkin I have ever had. She was also very informative and helpful. Kudos to Ruby and congratulations to you for having such a stellar employee on your staff!
Also the buffet breakfast was very good and the rooms were clean and nice and quiet!

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind review regarding your stay with us. I could not agree more, Ruby is a great asset to the hotel and we are very glad she is a part of our team. We were very happy to read she had such a positive influence on your stay, and Ruby was very excited to see the nice comments your wrote.

Thank you again and we look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Normal, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Every time I come to the DoubleTree at Rosemont I am absolutely thrilled at the service, quality and general experience. The hotel staff are friendly and accommodating: There was no refrigerator in my room so I asked the front desk if they could hold my restaurant dessert and they gladly put my refrigerated items in their fridge. I reserved a 2 queen bed room and upon arrival, really wanted to move to a King bed room if possible. The front desk clerk happily offered to switch my room to a single King at no extra charge, and then gave us more cookies. The room service breakfast was probably the best breakfast I have ever tasted. The strawberries were so fresh I could have sworn they had just been picked from the vine that very morning. The Belgian waffle was delicious and the banana French toast was absolutely fantastic.

My entire hotel experience was phenomenal at the Doubletree, I enjoy the peaceful quiet as I walk down the halls, the sparkling clean waters of the hot tub and pool as well as the high level of class and comfort and overall sense of warm hospitality I feel every time I stay. For these reasons, there is no question that I will always choose the DoubleTree when I stay in the Rosemont-Chicago area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a glowing review. We are extremely pleased that we met your expectations in most regards and we look forward to being your host again in the very near future! We were very pleased to hear that you are one of our loyal repeat guests and have had such positive experiences. Again, thank you for your response and for taking the time to let us know your opinion; please know that we value your business and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.

Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I travel to Chicago often and I always come back to this hotel.

Very clean, great staff and Gibson's Steak house is here which is very good.

They have a free shuttle to the airport and a business center.

I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your great feedback regarding our hotel. Gibson's is a great feature of our hotel, we also feature another great restaurant B.C Bistro and Lounge and we hope the next time you are in the area you can try that one out as well. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to your future visits.

Mountain Home, Arkansas
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Arrived here during a huge snowstorm. Luckily, we had reservations in advance. Staff very nice and helpful. Expensive to park, but not much free parking in Chicago, so we expected this. Gibson's was an excellent place to eat. Can't say a lot about airplane noise, because the airport closed due to snow. Roads were scraped by the next morning, however. Rooms clean and comfortable. Exercise room pleasant.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
ESDTMGR, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Good aftertnoon,

Thank you very much for taking the time review our hotel. We are extremely pleased that we met your expectations in most regards and we look forward to being your host again in the very near future! I'm glad you had a comfortable stay during all the snow we have been getting and hopefully we can be your hotel of choice under better circumstances.

Best regards,
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I organized a 4 day event for our sales team at this hotel and found the location to be very convenient to the airport and city.

The event planning staff were effective, courteous and very accommodating to our requests. The AV staff were awesome also.

The on site restaurant is good for lunches etc, although if you are there for more than a few days, the menu is a little small.

Local restaurants and entertainment are within 5 minutes walking distance and include bars, restaurants, a comedy club and a bowling alley.

The pricing in this hotel is very reasonable too. Shuttle to and from the airport every 20 minutes.

What more to say? Really nothing, good quality hotel and event center with a great staff!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete our Guest Comment Survey. We are extremely pleased that we met your expectations in most regards and we look forward to being your host again in the very near future.

In addition to the amenities you mentioned a brand new outlet mall is opening up this summer just walking distance from the hotel. Hopefully you can come back and enjoy that great new feature to our Rosemont area.

Kingston, IL
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Smooth check in/check out, clean and attractive property. On-site dining with Gibson's steak house a plus! There is also a small entertainment district, The Park at Rosemont, that is walkable through the parking garage. It features several restaurants and bars as well as ice skating rink in winter or family movies in summer. We stayed for a convention at the adjacent Stephens Convention Center, so this property is perfect for that.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south would offer more of a "view" but the property is between O'Hare air...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Good afternoon,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your most recent stay. I'm really glad we were able to meet your expectations and accommodation needs; your loyalty is our biggest compliment. In addition to the entertainment district that you mentioned a brand new outlet mall is opening up this summer just walking distance from our hotel. We hope we can be of service to you once again in the near future.