Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I was extremely happy when we first got to the hotel. They let us check in early since we were attending a convention next door. We thought Jasmine at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. We ate lunch and supper at the BC Bistro (loved the food). However, when we asked at supper for the specials displayed for convention visitors in the elevators, the waitress had no clue what we were talking about so we did not get the specials. The hot tub should be called the lukewarm tub; I could have sat in it for 3 hours without breaking a sweat. The beds were comfortable and the room was nice. When we got our bill under the door, we were charged for food and beverage that we didn't order and for valet service which we didn't use. The convention and hotel had a special parking rate of $8. When we asked Jasmine at check-in where to park, she told us to stay to the left and park where it says Doubletree--so that is what we did. When we left the structure, the booth lady told us that we parked in the wrong spot and we had to pay $26 (after we were already charged the $8 at the hotel). When we went back to the hotel to complain, they told us that we were supposed to park in the Embassy lot for that rate. I told them that Jasmine told us to park in the Doubletree lot at the left. They did refund the $8, but we ended up $26 out of pocket because an employee didn't know what they were doing. We took mental notes for next year and may stay at the Crowne Plaza next door like we did last year with no problems.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Ruby M, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Our goal is to provide every guest with an experience which exceeds expectations, and we are truly sorry if we fell short of that goal. We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and improve your overall impression of us.

Be Well,
Ruby M

Write a ReviewReviews (1,442)

997 - 1,003 of 1,442 reviews

Reviewed 24 November 2013

After arriving late on a rainy night, I decided to grab a glass of wine and munchies at the bar. Jennifer was running the show there and she was simply delightful! Full of energy and a few jokes, not most bartenders are personal like that, especially with so many customers.
I can't leave out the front desk crew either, every one of them were super hospitable and although i bet they were tired, they continued offering the best service with a smile! I'll definitely be staying here again on my next business venture!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

I am so glad you chose to stay with us again. Our staff is definitely a point of pride at our hotel and I am happy to hear that you had such a great experience. We certainly look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I try to choose a different hotel every time I stay in Rosemont, but this one so far is my favorite. Friendly, clean and great location and restaurant. I also used the exercise room in the morning and its an easy exit and back on the road. Parking is cheap and safe.

Room Tip: parking is cheap and easy to do yourself using your credit card when you leave
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Thank you so much for staying with us. I appreciate your comments and am glad that we were able to uphold the standards you have come to expect from our hotels. Come back soon!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I arrived at 1AM in the hotel. After a 5 hours delayed flight from Los Angeles to Chicago I was thirsty and tired and asked the lady on the reception desk for a bottle of water (I just saw her hand one to another guest in front of me) and she told me to use the Vending machines. I would have paid for the water not sure why I was not able to get one. So I tried 6! different Vending machines from floor 9 to floor 3. Three Vending machines were vandalized, 3 were empty so I had to take my medication with Diet coke. Then I was looking forward to sleep 5 hours before my meeting but the room was so noisy (sounded like I was in a big wooden ship). No chance to sleep. I asked for another room but all I got was "we are full". So I ended up not sleeping at all. At check out in the morning I told the Agent at the desk how horrible it was and all she said was I never heard anybody complaining about this. Wow not even we are sorry was possible. This kind of arrogance is very scary and I have no idea where this hotel got it's Stars from. If you don't believe me just look at the Vending machines. I stayed in Hotels and Motels all over the world (Austria, Germany, Belgium, India, Italy, Greece, Spain) but this was the worst I have experienced.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Walter S

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Again, I apologize for any inconveniences you went through and hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again

All the Best,

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I want to comment on the professionaism, of Adil Chitoui, guest service manager. This man always has a smille on his face, acknowledges every guest and is in my mind one of the finest hotel employees I have ever encountered. I have been traveling over 30 years, he is the best. You are fortunate to have him.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

I am thrilled to hear that you had a phenomenal experience at our hotel. We are very proud of the staff at our hotel and I'm glad that they exceeded your expectations. Thank you for the compliments, I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

The quality and the experience of staying here far exceeds the price that you pay. The customer service is wonderful. The lounge is a great place to sit and relax with no pressures. The pool is always beautifully clean. If there is a Double Tree where I am going, that is where I will stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Best,
Ruby

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Great service at the front desk from Kisa and at the BC Lounge with Jennifer and Kathleen! They are personable and helpful. The hotel is clean and comfortable. When in Rosemont I always stay at the Doubletree. I come here a few times a year and this is my go to place. Very convenient to the convention center.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business