“All is amazing if you don't order an omelette”

Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The breakfast was terrific, but when we wanted to order custom items, I waited 10 minute before someone appeared. She never apologized for the wait and instead behaved as if she was doing me a favor by making my omelette! When I asked her if I should wait or return to my table she said "whatever." Did not mirror the rest of my experience at the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Ruby M, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for staying at the doubletree Rosemont Hotel during your recent visit to the area. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us in bettering ourselves. Please rest assured we have shared your comments with the team and are addressing the concerns. We apologize for that experience and hope it will not taint the award winning service we usually provide. We truly look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton, Rosemont.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 1 December 2013

All you could expect from a business/conference hotel and more. Friendly, efficient staff, lovely, comfortable & quiet room, large, modern, spotless bathroom. And a warm cookie when you check in -- puts a smile on your face.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

What a wonderful review! We are so estatic that you had a great stay and you took your time to acknowledge our staff! We hope to see you soon! Thank you for your 5 star rating! Happy New Year!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

This is just one of many hotels near the airport. The bummer is the breakfast is not included, but location is good. The rooms are decent. The desk staff are nice and helpful. Right through the parking ramp is a brand new mall. That is really nice. The civic center is right there as well. I will certainly come back here if I need to stay in this area. It is 30+ min. to downtown by car and even longer by train. There is a stop nearby but like I said it does take a lot of time. So if you goal is downtown I would find a place down there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Ruby M, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

What a wonderful review! We are so thrilled that you had a great stay and you took your time to acknowledge our staff! We hope to see you soon! Thank you for your 4 star rating!

Happy New Year!
Ruby

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Very good location near airport. Next to the Fashion Outlet within walking distance. Varied food options near the Hotel. Also, some restaurants of the area offered a complementary shuttle service. The Bistro at the hotel served a varied breakfast buffet for a great value. The concierge was very knowledgable of the area restaurants and things to do around the hotel.
Room was clean and sound proof! Will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Ruby M, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

I'm delighted that our staff exceeded your expectations and that you chose our location for your stay. Thank you. I hope you'll be staying with us again.

All the Best,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I was extremely happy when we first got to the hotel. They let us check in early since we were attending a convention next door. We thought Jasmine at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. We ate lunch and supper at the BC Bistro (loved the food). However, when we asked at supper for the specials displayed for convention visitors in the elevators, the waitress had no clue what we were talking about so we did not get the specials. The hot tub should be called the lukewarm tub; I could have sat in it for 3 hours without breaking a sweat. The beds were comfortable and the room was nice. When we got our bill under the door, we were charged for food and beverage that we didn't order and for valet service which we didn't use. The convention and hotel had a special parking rate of $8. When we asked Jasmine at check-in where to park, she told us to stay to the left and park where it says Doubletree--so that is what we did. When we left the structure, the booth lady told us that we parked in the wrong spot and we had to pay $26 (after we were already charged the $8 at the hotel). When we went back to the hotel to complain, they told us that we were supposed to park in the Embassy lot for that rate. I told them that Jasmine told us to park in the Doubletree lot at the left. They did refund the $8, but we ended up $26 out of pocket because an employee didn't know what they were doing. We took mental notes for next year and may stay at the Crowne Plaza next door like we did last year with no problems.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Our goal is to provide every guest with an experience which exceeds expectations, and we are truly sorry if we fell short of that goal. We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and improve your overall impression of us.

Be Well,

Reviewed 24 November 2013

After arriving late on a rainy night, I decided to grab a glass of wine and munchies at the bar. Jennifer was running the show there and she was simply delightful! Full of energy and a few jokes, not most bartenders are personal like that, especially with so many customers.
I can't leave out the front desk crew either, every one of them were super hospitable and although i bet they were tired, they continued offering the best service with a smile! I'll definitely be staying here again on my next business venture!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

I am so glad you chose to stay with us again. Our staff is definitely a point of pride at our hotel and I am happy to hear that you had such a great experience. We certainly look forward to seeing you again.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I try to choose a different hotel every time I stay in Rosemont, but this one so far is my favorite. Friendly, clean and great location and restaurant. I also used the exercise room in the morning and its an easy exit and back on the road. Parking is cheap and safe.

Room Tip: parking is cheap and easy to do yourself using your credit card when you leave
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Thank you so much for staying with us. I appreciate your comments and am glad that we were able to uphold the standards you have come to expect from our hotels. Come back soon!

Warmest Regards,