“Great doubletree experience”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Hampton, Georgia, United States
“Great doubletree experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel is very clean and is in a nice location with walking access to several good restaurants. My room was very comfortable and clean. The fitness center is a little bit small, but has nice Precor equipment. Would be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: Free wifi for ATT customers or hhonors memebers.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
ESDTMGR, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time in completing a review about your stay. We are delighted to know that you liked our hotel; that you enjoyed the fitness center, the rooms are comfortable and clean. I will share your kind words with the housekeeping staff.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon.

Room Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Turkish first
Aurora, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

The staff never handled any of my complaints. There are only TWO microwaves in the entire building. The location was great and the price was reasonable. The rooms were clean and average. But, the staff was horrible. Will not come back unless I have to. It only takes one rude staff member to ruin your entire stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

ESDTMGR, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, your comments are extremely important to us and we value the feedback. We are sorry to hear that your requests were not handled by our staff. Please accept our sincere apologies for the staff rudeness; it is not acceptable or tolerated! We are taking immediate corrective steps to ensure that this will not occur again. We would like the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding your stay. You can reach me at 847-292-9100.
I do hope that you change your mind and give us another opportunity to win you back.

United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

If you are going to a convention and want decent access to the convention center and hotels connected by the skybridge, then this place is great. Plenty of frustration comes with it, though. The front desk staff were happy to smile and lie to my face about a "bank hold" that would be "refunded in a few weeks" when asked about money that was charged from my account that didn't appear on my bill. When someone from my bank showed me that they did no such thing, I was furious. Sure would like that money back! Maybe someone else will have a much better stay here. Personally, I'll fight tooth and nail for a place at the Hyatt, or any other hotel on the street before I will ever consider staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel; it is always disappointing when a customer experience is less than expected. Please accept my sincere apologies for the credit card hold/refund. I will ensure you that the issues will be addressed with the staff, and appropriate action will be taken. Please give me a call to discuss further.

You can reach me at 847-292-9100.

Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel is located very close to Chicago O'Hare Airport and offers transportation to the Airport, Train station (blue line) and anything else within a 3 mile radius. It also abuts a small mall with numerous quality restaurants, movie theater, Convention Center and numerous other venues. Only 41 channels are offered on the television which includes only one (1) channel of HBO, sports channels, local stations and typical news networks. Internet is an issue with connectivity (works on and off and is very inconsistent), is painfully slow and not worth paying for!

Food is available 24/7, with some close by full service restaurants that are open until 4:00a.m. The Hotel offers food from 6:00a.m. until midnight, with room service offered 24/7. Most restaurants are within 3 - 5 minutes walk through a parking garage. Movie Theater (Rosemont 18) and other venues are also less than 5 minutes walk.

Rosemont is known for being a one of the safest areas in all of Chicago and it showed during my visit. Dry Cleaning & laundry service is offered; pick-up by 8:30a.m. with two drop off times, noon and 6:30p.m.

Rooms are spacious, recently updated with very comfortable beds and clean bathrooms. Rooms were quiet and fairly well insulated from outside noise of aircraft. It appeared this location is not in line with any of O'Hare's runway's.

The fitness center and pool are very small but have the basics, which worked appeared in good condition.

The (except for one front desk person) staff was pro-active with not only me but I observed they were very helpful, friendly and professional to other guests as well.

Would have had a four star rating if it weren't for the very poor internet and lack of movie channels. If you are a business traveler, I would recommend going elsewhere until they improve the internet connectivity!

Room Tip: Stay away from corner rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time in completing a review about your stay. We are delighted to know that you liked our hotel and the service received from most of our staff. However, we apologize for poor internet and lack of movies. We ensure you that we will review the issues and find a corrective Plan.
Please give me a call to discuss further.

Hope you gave us another change and stay with us!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Nothing special about this stay. Everything is overpriced. The four pieces of Toast my daughter had for breakfast was $14. No internet access in the rooms/very slow internet access. The bathroom was dirty. The staff was very rude as well. Very unhappy with this stay compared to all of my other Hilton stays.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel; it is always disappointing when a customer experience is less than expected. Please accept my sincere apologies. I will ensure you that the issues will be addressed with the staff. Please give me a call to discuss further.

You can reach me at 847-292-9100.

Omaha, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

The hotel is well maintained and the staff are very responsive. The convention room rate could not be beat ($89) -- would not have expected it at this zip code. There is ample parking in the garage, but you have to validate every time you go in and out.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, your comments are extremely important to us. We value the feedback you provide, your kind words will be shared with the staff. The staff takes great pride on giving outstanding service. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences that parking caused you.

Thank you again. Hope to see you soon.

Room Division Manger.
Woobury, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay for any conventions at the O'hare. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable. If I were to knit-pick any negatives it would be that you can still hear anything in the hallway outside of your room pretty clearly. Other than that, this place is perfect.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time in completing a review about your stay. We are delighted to know that you liked our hotel and the service received from our staff. However, we apologize for the noise challenges you experienced.

Regards,