“Very Nice Place But Bring a Car” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont

Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Minneapolis, United States
“Very Nice Place But Bring a Car”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Quality facility: Close to O'Hare. Clean quiet rooms, and staff that will take time to speak with you. Thermostat didn't seem to work, but room service arrives at the time you say. Two in-house restaurants. BC Bistro would have been pricey for me if the company wasn't picking up the tab, and food was pretty good. I didn't try Gibson's because I can't afford to rub shoulders with cash-paying Mercedes owners. There are a few food/drinking/recreational businesses within walking distance. Otherwise, bring a car or be prepared to walk. There is a fashion mall in the area but clothes only take you so far.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Anna P, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you so much for your kind response about your stay with us! I am pleased to see that you had so many great things to say about our hotel and staff. I will definitely share your review with my team, as your kind words are much appreciated. However, please accept my sincere apologies about the Thermostat not working properly.

We look forward to the opportunity to serve again in the near future!

Regards,

Room Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Turkish first
fulton, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Not impressed. AC was not adequate. Parking cost $13.00 for every entry so if you exit a few times in the course of a day it adds up. Bedding was not to standard of a Hampton which really surprised me. Location was good for me. Gibsons was very good food and great service. Breakfast at the Bistro was also very good with superb service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, your comments are extremely important to us. We value the feedback you provide, as we use it to continually improve ourselves. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences with parking and the A/C. Your feedback has been shared with the Engineering Manager. We are glad that you enjoyed the food and service in our restaurants.

We seriously value your business and do hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you.

Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

In all my years traveling and staying in hotels, I have never been exposed to having to evacuate during a fire. After checking in, there was a fire alarm and nobody really bothered until some people started talking at the corridor. So we thought we better check it out too. It was indeed a fire alarm and we had to use the staircase to go down to the lobby. The Rosemont fire brigade came and after investigating it was probably a false alarm. It was an experience and now I know what should be done in case of a fire.

I have always requested for high floor rooms and being given only 2nd floor room, I was not so happy but I was glad in the end as I do not have to run down many flight of the stairs in the event of fire. From hindsight it was good.

It was a very big hotel that caters for people attending conventions and I guess if you are staying away from the elevator, it would be a long walk to your room. The door of the room was not designed in such a way to close gently as you would hear many people slamming their door. Also there was one morning, the room attendant was vacuuming the corridor and servicing the room next door and was talking loudly with I don't know who, around 8am. That was disturbing as I was still on bed.

I do not like the room decor as it was very old and room were not well lighted. The room size was big and the bathroom was huge for American standard. The only thing about this hotel was it did not provide any room slippers and personal grooming amenities eg cotton bud or cotton pad. It did not have any shower gel/foam and considering there was a bath tub there. Only provided bar bath soap.

It was not close to any amenities or shops except for the Chicago Fashion Outlet and it was a 5-10 mins walk. I did not bother to walk as I took the free Pace Bus at the convention centre to and from the Outlet back to the hotel. That really helps to ease the pain of my leg after a long day of shopping. This bus takes you to the train station as well, so you could go down Chicago city.

Perhaps I would try the other hotels next door i.e. Hilton or Crown Plaza. The rates for this hotel was not attractive too. I checked out after 2 nights and off to Doubletree Schaumburg.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Anna P, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, your comments are extremely important to us. We value the feedback you provide, as we use it to continually improve ourselves. Please accept our sincere apologies for the experiences that you encounter during your stay. Your feedback has been reviewed with our Staff and be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future.

We would like the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding your stay. You can reach me at 847-292-9100.

We do hope that you change your mind and give us another opportunity to win to back.

Rooms Division Manager
Macon, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

After traveling from Georgia to Chicago with 3 sick kids we was advised that there were no laundry to wash the clothes that they messed up and that we would have to walk the next hotel to do so. I am young so the 1 mile walk did not bother me but if my in laws had to do it that would have been a different story.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Anna P, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, your comments are extremely important to us. We value the feedback you provide, as we use it to continually improve ourselves. We apologize that you had to walk to the other hotel to do your laundry.

We hope that we will have the chance to serve you again soon!

Gary, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was excited about coming to the DoubleTree because I had never been here before, but I knew it was a really good hotel. I looked forward to having a really good experience, but one thing after the other kept that from happening. First, there was a torn sheet that I got tangled up in. Second, the coffee maker was not working properly, and my husband is unbearable without his coffee. There was a red spot on a chair that I noticed as soon as I walked in the door. I asked for new sheets and another coffee maker and a young lady brought both to our room. I guess she wanted us to unplug the broken coffee pot from behind the heavy furniture and plug in the new coffee pot. They also expected us to replace the torn sheet with the new sets on both beds. However, management did step in and address these issues after I complained about a missing bracelet that I eventually did find. I lost a bracelet and management stepped in right away to help me out. I found my bracelet at home, then called the DoubleTree and spoke to both ladies and appologized to them personally. I was dissapointed in the services at the DoubleTree.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Anna P, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your most recent stay. We are working very hard to provide all of our guests with the products and services that you expect when you stay at a DoubleTree. Your comments indicate that you had a number of areas in which we failed to meet your expectations for which I sincerely apologize. I can assure you that we are actively working with housekeeping to ensure that these issues do not occur again.

Again, thank you for your response and for taking the time to let us know your opinion; please know that we value your business and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.

Thomasville, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Parking is $13 a day if you don't go out. If you come and go it's $26. I found it a hassle trying to figure out how to pay one evening we left for diner because after 5pm the parking attendants are gone. If you park in their side and go out you only have the option to pay inside the hotel who wants to go park again. I just drove thru to other side for convention center on one of the levels and paid by card.
The only bad part was someone kept slamming doors early in the am it was the maids carelessly letting doors slam they tried to say it was early travelers but I know better I checked. Once I said something the next morning it stopped how ironic.
The pool is only 3"10 so don't get excited about swimming if you have little ones the entry is only by ladder no walk in steps.

Also the blue line train is about three block up the street you can walk there but make sure you cross before the underpass or you will double walk or you can park there for $5 up to $14 hours. Also check train station when we went the were working on tracks and having to shuttle past one stop which was a big pain with two kids. The shuttle bus is crowded and takes forever.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Anna P, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, your comments are extremely important to us. We value the feedback you provide, as we use it to continually improve ourselves. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. Your comments will be shared with our housekeeping Manager.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have stayed at Doubletree Hotel in Rosemont every May for an Anime Central. For the amount of people that attend ACen every year, this hotel always keeps it together. Noise has never been an issue. Right across the street from the convention center. Nice staff. Check-in is a breeze. My only complaint is paying for parking is a pain.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

We hope that we will have the chance to serve you again soon.