Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont
US$176
Sheraton.com
  • Room Service
1,491 results
All reviewsdouble treeconvention centerwarm cookiesfront deskgibson's steakhousenice hotelparking garageentertainment districtupon checkhotel staffbreakfast buffeto'hare airportbusiness triproom was spaciousoutlet mallblue lineshuttle service
Reviewed 11 February 2007

I ended up at the Doubletree after the Embassy Suites was booked up, and it was the best thing that could have happened. This is an amazing property with recent renovations and quite possibly the nicest bathroom I've ever had in a hotel room. The shower was separate from the tub and glass enclosed, it was big enough for 2 people. The beds were comfortable and the room very clean.

Room service was a bit of a disappointment, as was "Off the Park" restaurant in the lobby and the gift shop...but even with that this was a great stay with excellent value.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank realhanes
Reviewed 6 February 2007

My husband and I stayed here for one night in late April 2006. Upon check-in, reception staff were lovely, very helpful. Our room was very clean with a big bathroom, double shower. The bed was possibly the most comfortable hotel bed I have slept in. Unfortunately that's where the positive things ended.
When my husband called reception later that evening to inquire about late check out, the female staff member was very rude to him. The next morning when we went to the hotel restaurant for breakfast, it took too long to be seated, service was very slow and by the time we got our meals they were pretty much cold. The waitress was inattentive, to say the least. It was very hard to flag her down, and when we did manage to get her attention she took 20 minutes to get 2 cups of orange juice to us. The restaurant wasn't busy, there were maybe three other couples dining that morning.
We had been told upon check-in that there was a shuttle service to O'Hare. Upon checking out of the hotel, we asked where to wait for the shuttle and were told to wait at the hotel bus outside the main doors where a shuttle bus would take us to the airport in ten minutes. We waited. And waited. I went back inside the hotel after twenty minutes and asked when the shuttle would be leaving, and was told "in five minutes." We waited some more.
After forty minutes waiting I was ready to hail a cab, but by husband went back inside and asked about the shuttle, explaining that we'd been told forty minutes ago a shuttle would be leaving in ten minutes. When my husband came back outside, a staff member finally came and opened the shuttle bus doors for us so we could board. The bus didn't leave for another ten minutes, until three other guests showed up. We were left waiting for a grand total of 55 minutes for a shuttle that was supposed to leave 45 minutes prior. Had the staff told us the shuttle wouldn't leave until other guests showed up, or that it wasn't leaving for "x" amount of time, that would have been fine. However, it was really infuriating how we were left standing outside for that length of time and not told the truth. These two incidents really put a dampener on what was otherwise a pleasant stay. If you find yourself spending the night there I would advise you have your own transportation (get the train to the airport instead!) and avoid the hotel restaurant. The CTA is a ten minute walk from the hotel, you'd be better off going downtown to get a bite to eat.

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank Nuala M
Ruby M, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the team at the property. We truly appreciate that you chose to stay with us, and we know that you have many places to choose from for your lodging needs. I would appreciate it if you could please give us another opportunity in the future.
Thank you again for sharing your comments

Warmest Regards,
Ruby M

Reviewed 9 October 2006

Aside from the very busy print on the carpeting in the hallways, this hotel was great! It was very close to the convention center (accessible via enclosed skybridge). Gibson's steak house (attached to the restaurant) was a bit pricey, but worth it! The beds were comfortable and the staff was friendly. I would recommend parking in the convention center for $11, they provide easy access to the hotel via the 2nd floor from the convention center parking garage. I would stay here again if I was on business.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank lhelms1
Reviewed 20 August 2006

Very nice room w/ excellent bed and linens and large bathroom with separate tub and shower. Walk to CTA blue line Rosemont stop. See note below regarding other local facilities.

Breakfast buffet in the lobby restaurant was very good. Look for "Dream Deal" rates for inclusive breakfast. Gibsons restaraunt is also adjacent, very reknowned but also very high end.

This hotel is one of four in the immediate vicinity of the Rosemont Convention Center and Rosemont Theatre. This is a GREAT benefit if you're visiting these locations, but also note that check-in/parking may be inconvenienced by traffic that may be much higher than you'd normally expect (i.e. during peak times for these facilities).

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cliff_rock
Reviewed 2 August 2006

We stayed here for one night on our recent trip to Chicago. The hotel is an excellent alternative to staying downtown if downtown is full. Only took about 20 minutes to get there from the loop. The hotel seems very new and the rooms were spacious and very nice! The beds are excellent!
We ate at the bar since the restaurant was closed Friday evening around 9:30 pm. I really wasn't expecting much but the food was excellent.
I had a corned beef sandwich which was awesome! My wife and kids food was very good too. Hotel staff was friendly, I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family