“Good airport hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Oxford, UK
“Good airport hotel”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed here last minute due to stopover and the hotel was very good. Nice clean modern rooms with friendly staff. Very quiet inside rooms. Good bar and restaurant. Good value for money. Easy check-in. Recommended.

1 Thank Susear
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Hyatt Regency O'Hare in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a week in August for a business trip. Restaurants were quite pricey for the mediocre quality of the food. The rooms were very nice and spacious with very good amenities. The bed however left something to be desired with an army barracks level of comfort. I was impressed that noise from the airport and nearby highway were minimal. Very close to the convention center and a VERY cool new bar and restaurant district within walking distance. Access to the L train station on the blue line into the city is also within walking distance.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and apologize that our Grand Hyatt TM beds did not meet your standards. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future, perhaps we can find a better room that suits your needs.
North Royalton, Ohio
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel November 22-24, 2013 for a convention at the attached convention center and boy was that a mistake.

Upon check-in I asked if I had in and out privileges in the attached parking garage. I was advised that I did, however, the front desk attendant advised me with the convention the hotel had that weekend that he advised against it and if I lost my spot I'd have to park offsite. So I was pretty much captive for the weekend, which at first didn't bother me as I would be spending most of my day at the convention center.

As I was walking to my room I noticed an overabundance of individuals dressed in animal costumes. It was at this point that I should have checked-out, however, I didn't know what was going on and thought it was some sort of mascot convention.

Friday night I was awoken at 1am by kids running up and down the halls and yelling. I was about to call the front desk, however, it died down. Only to be awoken again at 3:30am by the same nonsense. The walls in this place must be paper thin.

Saturday morning I headed to my convention only to return at 2pm to drop some things off in my room. Upon returning to the hotel, there was a parade of these animals throughout the lobby. I couldn't even get to the elevators because this group had the entire lobby lined with people. I asked the concierge how to get to my room and they told me I would just have to walk through the parade. So I did and probably ended up in a bunch of pictures that I would prefer not to be a part of. This hotel is huge but apparently the only parade route that management must have approved was in and around the elevator blocking paying customers access to their rooms. Smart.

After dropping my items off in my room I had to get back to the convention center. I left my room and as I was walking down the hall there were a group of 3 young boys with animal tails on asking each other if they have ever been urinated on in the shower and how it gives them a tingling feeling. Disgusting. I could not believe I was actually staying in a Hyatt. Anyways, I preceded to the elevators and upon returning back down to the elevator I was told by an individual I was not allowed to leave the area because there was a parade in progress. Seriously? So I again had to walk through this parade of these individuals. Again, management had to be fully aware of this situation and chose to ignore it.

I returned once again and was heading up to my room. I was stopped at the elevator banks and told only people in costume were allowed to load the elevator and I would have to go down to the lower level to use the elevator. At this point I was fed up and told the individual that I was a paying guest and not part of their convention and I would be getting on the next available elevator. As the doors opened up I was getting on and this individual started grabbing my arm to stop me until this line of animals got on. I pulled away and loaded the elevator anyway. I'm not sure who approved this nonsense but they must seriously have their head checked. Making people go to a lower level to load an elevator that stops at the same floor you are currently on?

By Sunday morning I just wanted out. I cannot believe that a hotel manager at any level would sign-off on these plans. And if they did not, they did absolutely nothing to stop it.

Positives: Location

Negatives: Parking and management

Check the hotel event calendar before you book!

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MattWeb2323
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
I am so sorry to hear about your experience at Hyatt Regency O'Hare. I would appreciate the opportunity to invite you back and demonstrate to you the Hyatt Touch. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly, referencing this post, so that we can further assist you and we can work together to regain your confidence.
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I went here for a convention and I was very happy with almost everything.

Room had a noise machine and complementary earplugs. I have problems with oversensitive hearing and travel with a fan which I was very happy not to need here.
The room was bigger than I expected, though not extremely well laid out for having a snack while watching TV. There was a chair with a lap table that faced the TV, but it seemed to have deflated on one side.
The bathtub sloped in the back. I love hotels with bathtubs you can lie down in.
The restaurant had very good quality food, though they seemed very keen on directing me to the buffet. I wish I could have gotten the lunch menu at dinner since I prefer sandwiches to steaks, especially before bed. Also I think I wasn't given the convention rate at the buffet but that was my own fault for being in too much of a hurry to ask.
The desk staff were very efficient, polite, cheerful and got me a room out of the general path of the con-goers as I asked. Very happy with that.
It's a very nicely laid out place, too. Stylish and airy. My only problem was that this is a convention that doesn't do well with multiple levels and the convention center part was on three with elevators that only reached two. A lot of our attendees have problems with stairs and escalators, so that was a bit hard. Everything else is so good, though, that this can be overlooked.

Overall I really liked it. Definitely would come here if I had a stop in Chicago on an airplane and will be back for the convention next year.

Room Tip: The executive wing (rooms with a 2 before them) are very nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul C
Thank you for the fantastic review of our hotel. We really appreciate the 5 Star Review! We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future! Thank you again!
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I hate staying at airport hotels. Because guest tend to stay mostly one night, most hotels feel that customer service isn't important. This hotel had good customer service, room was clean, I wasn't bothered by the noise of the planes and it was a good airport hotel. Nothing special but comparing it to other airport hotels it is better than most. The bar in the lobby serves good food and very reasonable prices too. If I have to stay a night at Ohare again would choose this hotel, for a long weekend get away....not a chance.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you would stay with us again if spending the night near Chicago O'Hare International Airport. We just wanted to point out that there are plenty of things to do in the area if you are looking for a long weekend get away. The Rivers Casino is less than 5 minutes away from the hotel. The New Fashion Outlets of Chicago is also right down the street from our location. Lastly, the MB Financial Park at Rosemont offers a variety of restaurants and entertainments options for all ages! We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed here last month for two nights. Its a pretty solid standard airport hotel. Its a bit strange to get to in the the hotel shuttle picks you up at a central location (which isn't uncommon at airports) but I recall that the actual stop wasn't obvious. In the Chicago winter I'd rather not be milling around so I advise people to make sure they ask someone if there are any doubts.

The hotel itself is nice and the room was great. Staff was friendly. I went for work and the meeting room we were provided with was good. Our group had paid for food (not sure if the vendor was the hotel itself or not but if it was, the selection was good).

Biggest plus of the hotel is that the Blue Line train to downtown chicago is about a 7-10 mins walk which makes it easy to get into town. I think its about a 35 mins ride into the Loop. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also pleased to hear that you found our hotel conveniently located to the Blue Line Train! We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!
Israel
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

100 yards from the parking area, the closest available, to the entrance. A big hotel. Nothing personal, but life should have been easier since in O'hare you mean business, not spa or leisure.

And they request money for WIFI. Abominable.

But it's clean, and the tv is 32".

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ybhk19
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We do have a parking garage available on property that allows for closer parking to the main lobby. There is also plenty of things to do in Rosemont that are not business related! Next time you are in Rosemont check out The Park at Rosemont, the new Fashion Outlets of Chicago, or Rivers Casino!