“good location and view”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
“good location and view”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

we stayed for 1 night before flying home the following morning. we found the transfer service easy to use, and check-in quick and efficient. the room was comfortable and the shower while quite small was very nice. the room we had looked straight out to the runway which was great for plane spotting but did make it noisy later on as the planes were literally flying straight over our room, but didn't stop us getting to sleep (and what do you expect form an airport hotel). we didn't eat in the hotel but did use the starbucks in the lobby which was very handy. there is not a lot near the hotel so to venture out you would have to drive or take a taxi, but as a stopover before flying this didn't worry us.
overall a well located hotel for the airport.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vandalia, Ohio
Reviewed 19 August 2014

this location is below Hyatt's ordinary standards. the carpet in our room was in desperate need of shampooing and, in fact, had a 3" hole worn in the area outside of the bathroom. personnel were hit or miss, front desk staff needs a refresher on hospitality delivery; and, the parking lot attendant we spoke with could've cared less. RED sports bar buffet was way, way below standards. if you're staying in this area, you can likely do better.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the last 18 years while attending a convention there. In all those years I've hated the cheap shower heads in the bathrooms, and now that the room rates have jumped up I was expecting something a little better. I was wrong. Same shower heads that spray water all over the bathroom because the water blows the shower curtain all over the place.

The toilet seat didn't match the bowl and it was old and had gouges in it. It didn't fill me with confidence. There was chipped and peeling paint around one of the bathroom door hinges and the wooden facia of the sink was worn, chipped and sorry looking.

I found a lot of white powdery dust on the top of my headboard and there were drip stains of some sort of liquid on every vertical surface. The nightstand was dusty like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. Fingerprints on the chrome light and desk top. Stains on the carpet. And the bed skirt was off kilter and had built up dust in the seams. My pillow case had weird grey stains on it and the maid didn't bother to change it when she came to clean. She didn't replace our water glasses either and I had to ask for clean ones.

On the bright side, the bed was comfortable and the staff are pleasant. If the convention wasn't being held in this hotel and I had a choice where to stay nearby, I would certainly go to any of the hotels in the area that have much nicer rooms and better amenities for the same price or less.

Room Tip: Stay in the executive wing. I think they care about it more than the main hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were booked here by United Airlines after bumping us from flight from Chicago to Memphis. Shuttle service picked us up which was nice. Check in staff was fine, but no real graciousness or welcoming attitude. THE GOOD THINGS: They were great when I asked for more towels and they left them on the door in a bag to keep from disturbing us so late. I thought that was pretty great. Also they had a universal device charger which they let us borrow

THE NOT AS GOOD. Room ended up being a bit dirty. A tag from a new pair of socks was on the floor but was probably missed by housekeeping probably because most rooms are cleaned with the door opened. Means that they don't clean behind the door. But what really bothered us was the half eaten sandwich left in the fridge by previous guests. The bathroom was tiny and opening the door was a challenge because of how close it was to the toilet. We were booked in the executive wing. (Read challenging to get to)But I've seen worse in other hotelsThe breakfast buffet was mediocre at best considering the $18.50 price. But that's probably pretty good by Chicago standards. The wait staff was very friendly and seemed to be busy rushing around, but not really serving anyone. I had to ask for coffee and hot sauce.

Overall I guess it was ok, but I probably wouldn't stay there again just for a visit to the city unless I got a fabulous deal. But it was convenient to the airport with a shuttle which ran every 15 minutes so if you're just passing through not a bad place. I did hear two flights for the airport fairly early but the noise wasn't too bad considering the location.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Minnesota
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The room I booked was $159, but after outrageous parking fee, taxes, other fees (not related to room service or any extras) the bill was over $200! Lunch at the hotel's "Perks" coffee shop yielded a soggy sandwich and very limited selections. The "American Grill" restaurant was a bit overpriced, but it had a decent, though somewhat limited dinner buffet for around $22.00 (you have to be a meat eater to get your money's worth as the vegetarian fare was limited). There was a Beatles Fest going on, and while I am a huge fan, I was not a fan of the loud group singing that went on literally all night long (I still heard it at 3:30am; my roommate who was up at 5 am heard them still going at it). Why didn't the hotel staff set up a meeting room far from the sleeping rooms for this all night party? There were no outside restaurants near the hotel except for a very expensive steak house (talking $50 al a carte steaks). The room was very clean, but there were cigarette butts on the balcony (of this designated non smoking room).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MinnesotaDaytripper
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for the Girl Bullying and School Discipline conference. It is prime location with free shuttle to O'Hare airport. It cost $109 for transportation paying for a shuttle to Midway airport. I was given the opportunity to checkin before I even arrived in Chicago which made it so much easier. I just had to pick up my key card. I did not like that they do not just charge/hold you $100 deposit for major credit card or $200 deposit for debit card. Instead they charge/hold $50 for each night you are staying there. I was there Sunday through Saturday which they held $300 dollars.
Okay my room was on the 7th floor. There was not a great view but the room was spacious and comfortable. I was able to call down and have a mat and hand weights brought up for me to workout in my room.

The hotel is beautifully decorated and can hold a lot of people. We ate at the same place daily because they provided a buffet with a discount for those attending the conference. The staff was very nice going above and beyond to provide us with excellent service. The night manager went and got us ice cream one evening and another located me watermelon.

This hotel is close to the new international outlet mall, movies and other dining attractions, but it is far from the city of Chicago. If you are not comfy able taking the train and possibly the bus into the city then a rental car is necessary.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Georgia
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Family of four, stayed here in mid June for a conference at the hotel. The room (Executive Suite) was nice and the beds were very comfy. Staff was friendly and helpful, and the hotel itself is very nicely decorated. The only problem is the getting from the parking deck to the hotel itself is a trek. Make sure you get everything you need out of your car before heading to your room! Overall nice stay, would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family