“excillent indian food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The buffet lunch is good, serves unlimited soup to main course including 2 subji, dal rice, roti...
environment is good, service is good

There are newer reviews for Maharaja

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Service was quick and friendly, ambience was also quite nice. The Menu had a broad range of Indian dishes from South Indian, Indo-Chinese to North Indian and tasted delicious! Highly recommended!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had a Groupon so we tried this place on the back home from Chicago. We were seated in the smaller of 2 rooms and, for a Sunday evening, the place seemed fairly busy. Service was quite slow especially to get water glasses filled initially and to take our order. Since my wife is not that familiar with all the different Indian dishes, we ordered the Maharaja Dinner Special, which came with an assortment of food (somewhat like a mini-buffet!). While we were waiting, they gave us free papadams with two types of dipping sauces. All the food (except the somewhat bland Seekh Kebab) was very tasty - I especially liked the Rogan Josh lamb curry. Hopefully this restaurant will survive since we would like to go back some time in the future.

1  Thank Dedgehog
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I was in the Chicago O'Hare area on a Saturday, before heading home I wanted to have a good meal.
As a vegetarian I found Indian restaurants are usually the best bet, and this one proved me right.
I went there expecting to find a menu 'a la carte' but instead they had a buffet, as it often happens at lunch in Indian restaurants.
The selection was wide and good, I found what I usually expect to see: rice, dhal, panir, samosa, pakora, alu gobi, etc. I am not fond of dessert so I didn't even try them.
The amount of spice was good, enough to make the food tasty, but not impossible. The meal came with complimentary chapati and the staff was courteous and promptly.
At the end the meal costed me almost $20, that's the buffet plus a Mango Lassi (ok) and a Chai Tea (excellent).
If I was to go back to the area and had a way to drive, I would definitively eat there again.

1  Thank TurtleSenior
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Decent Indian restaurant. Best thing about the place is the range of cuisines available in 1 place - Indo-Chinese, South Indian and North Indian. Today was my first time there. Some dishes were yummy, others were so-so. Ambience was okay. I give them 4 stars due to the diversity of the Indian cuisine available, otherwise they would get 3 stars.