“Have a group dinner, avoid this restaurant”
Review of Park Tavern

Park Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Park Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 86 Restaurants in Rosemont
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bryn Mawr
Transit: Rosemont Blue Line
Description: Park Tavern offers a contemporary spin on the gastropub experience, serving craft beer and authentic food in a casual, urban lodge setting. In warmer months, enjoy a refreshing craft cocktail and the view of The Park from our Sky Bar rooftop lounge. Park Tavern is the perfect meeting place for lunch, dinner or unwinding after work. Whether you are a busy professional grabbing a bite before your flight, or a Rosemont regular, Park Tavern offers dishes you haven't tasted before. From our house-smoked meats to our famous Animal Tots, we have the specialties that will have you coming back for more.
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I hosted 55 people at this restaurant. As the host I was appalled that they gave us only 2 servers to manage drinks, menus, and service. What made it worse was the attitude of one waiter who was just plain RUDE! In the course of 3 hours no manager came over to check on the group or to help expidite. He/She must have been enjoying the company of a much smaller group spending much less than I did. Not worth the trip unless you want a beer and a taco at the bar with no service.

3  Thank Bob S

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Went with a business colleague. Had good beer and simple food - burger. All cooked well. Service was also good and fast. Price was very good. You have to park in the parking garage next door but don't be put off by the $13 per car charge. They will validate your ticket so the whole bill was less than $40 with tip for two meals with beers.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I regularly have meetings in Rosemont and nearby Schiller Park. Park Tavern is located very near the Aloft Hotel. Last night when I flew into O'Hare, my flight was delayed and when I arrived at the hotel, the temperature was below freezing and it was snowing! I opted for the Park Tavern since I was tired, wanted something light and it was so close.

It's in a large, airy space with a large bar, lots of tv's and 20 to 30 different beers on tap. Eating alone, I opted for a seat at the bar. Two young lady bartenders were attentive and very pleasant. I'm not a beer drinker, but my usual grey goose martinis were served cold and well shaken. Blue cheese stuffed olivers are available on request.

The menu was sparse and somewhat unusual. For example, it offered deviled eggs with buffalo sauce as an appetizer. It also offered a number of salads, including a pear roasted mixed green salad. It offered two 1/2 lb steaks (strip and filet) with mashed potatoes. It also offered a variety of burgers each with a different topping accompanied by fries. It also offered a foot long cheese sandwich (I found hard to imagine) and a mac and cheese of the day as an entree. When I asked, the mac and cheese was mixed with chicken. A number of menu items are foot noted as being available in a vegetarian format.

I tried the deviled egg appetizer (six halves - more than I could eat) which were really quite tasty with the buffalo sauce drizzle giving it a very nice, but gentle, kick. I also had the mixed green salad with grilled pear. It was huge. The dressing was really quite good and the roasted pear was perfect. Again, I couldn't eat the entire salad.

As for wine choices, simple but very nice for a sports type bar. I had a clos de bois chardonnay and enjoyed it as a nice accompaniement to my grilled pear salad.

Everything was quite nice and somewhat unique. The problem is that it's lost in a sea of great restaurants! Had the weather been better, I would have chosen to eat at Capital Grille, McCormick and Schmicks or Gibson's Steak House, all really great restaurants and all within walking distance of the Aloft Hotel and the Park Tavern. In fact, yet another restaurant has popped up right next to the Aloft, a Brazilian Steak House. I haven't eaten there yet, but I recently had the pleasure of eating at a Brazilian Steak House in Memphis and look forward to eating at another!

If a comfortable meal at a reasonable price in a bar like environment with lots of beer on tap is what you're looking for, you have found the right place.

1  Thank Thomz12345
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I came across this place through Open Table. It is in a mall area near OHare. You park in a parking garage & they will validate your ticket.
I really enjoyed the PBR beer can chicken. Very tasty & moist. Also had the brussell sprouts. They were very good as well-very large portion. My only complaint would be that the brussell sprouts were covered in sea salt-there was too much. Not too busy, lots of TVs for sports.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Everytime I'm staying in the Rosemont area I stop by and at least have a drink. Always a good selection of beer on tap, with some changing constantly. The food always comes up great with no disappointment. Never can go wrong with the Mac n Cheese. On the weekends the place gets crowded and exciting with a house DJ.

Been to Park Tavern? Share your experiences!