“Probably better for drinks or music than food”

Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Columbia, Missouri
“Probably better for drinks or music than food”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was staying one night at the Aloft hotel in Rosemont and wanted to grab some dinner within walking distance. I really love the Rosemont area as there are lots of fun options to walk to within the hotel and entertainment district. Decided to try Toby Keith's restaurant. It was huge but they didn't have a lot of seating. I got the impression that this was mostly a place you would go for drinks and to see a concert as they had a fairly large stage area. The servers were dressed like Hooters girls. I had country fried steak which was ok but I think I was mostly tasting the gravy. The corn was very bland. Mashed potatoes were ok. The sweet tea tasted like it came from a soda fountain. From a purely dining perspective I wasn't very impressed and probably wouldn't go back just for a meal. But again, I think this is more of a bar and concert venue than restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
TKPhil, Owner at Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we sincerely apologize for the bad experience that you had at our Rosemont location. We encourage customers to give us they're opinions so that if something is wrong with our service or food we can better address the issue. We hope that you will consider us again in the future so that we can give you a better experience. Thank you again for your feedback.

Guest Relations
Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill

Huntsville, Texas
“Average Food, Very Good Service”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had a somewhat early dinner, which may explain why this huge restaurant lacked warmth and energy. The surroundings were interesting but felt almost cold and sterile for a place named "I Love This Bar and Grill." We had natchos and drinks before our meal, and I was stunned that they used cheese sauce from a can that one normally gets at a ballpark. Our entree salads were great as were our drinks.

3 Thank FRHolmes1
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Fun atmosphere, good prices”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Fun bar and restaurant with ample indoor and outdoor seating. We went for lunch on a Saturday. Imagine place would be much livelier in the eve. Staff was nice and fast. Food was decent and great priced. Plenty of other bars in the area so could be fun to make the rounds to a few on a weekend night. Wound return but apprehensive as it costs $13 just to park in the mb financial park center.

Montgomery, Illinois
“Ok bar”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Came here with co-workers. Huge place with no one in it. Place actually closed early the night we went. Good server, decent prices. Was a little disappointed as I was expecting something similar to Saddle Up in Naperville.

Albuquerque, NM
“Not Too Bad!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was our first stop for dinner in our first night in Rosemont. It was nearby and the variety looked to be pretty good. The wait wasn't but maybe 20 minutes. I'm not a country fan. What I listen to country wise is very minimal. I figured I could block out the music if needed. We ordered the fried pickle spears which were the best I've ever had. Most places usually serve the little slices, these were the full spears. Great flavor! I couldn't decide what to order so I finally decided on the buffalo wings. I wanted a spicy sauce but nothing overly spicy since it was close to bed time. I'm a New Mexico native so my definition of a good kick is a big variation of what the state of Illinois considers to be spicy. I should have known to second guess the waitress when she said the JD sauce had a kick. I took one bite and couldn't get anything but a hint of tang similar of what you'd get off of A1 sauce. I giggled and shook my head quietly to myself but, continued to eat. They were pretty tasty despite the lack of spice in my sauce. I also ordered the American Girl cocktail which had a number of things in there, but upon arrival looked as though a bomb pop melted in my glass and the color remained where it was supposed to. The drink was VERY VERY yummy. Reminded me of a sweet tart or as my mom thought a grape popsicle. We only ran into one snafu and that was that Dad's sweet potato tots didn't show up with his meal, he had to ask where they were at which our waitress apologized and ran back to the kitchen to bring out a fresh order on a side plate. The food was good, the music wasn't bad. The only thing I wish they'd do is that when the live band is performing that they shut the radio playing overhead off, it's a bit of a headache when you hear two different sounds competing for attention. All in all though I'd return!