“Good value for money”

Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Ponte di Piave, Italy
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Holiday Inn Express O'Hare was my first choice for 2 night stay in the area or Rosemont.
5 minutes connection to O'Hare airport via free hotel shuttle, affordable prices, very large rooms with all services (including a big flat HD TV).
Fitness centre and pool available 24/7, nice personnel at the reception.
There are 2-3 restaurant at walking distance (1 minute far from the hotel building).

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, 19 December 2012
fabiozan,

Thank you very much for the kind words; I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff! Have a wonderful holidays!!!

Adam Miller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
washington
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I stayed here for one night after flying in from the West Coast. I was heading to Europe the next day. The hotel shuttle was convenient and drivers were nice. The room was clean and quiet. I was able to get a good night's sleep. Breakfast was okay. They were doing some work in the lobby the next day and after I had to check out I was going to wait in the lobby for awhile until I needed to get to the airport. The smell from whatever chemicals they were using was terrible and I decided I would rather have a long wait at the airport than get a headache. That was the only thing that spoiled the short visit a bit.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, 23 November 2012
Gotravler,

Thank you very much for your feedback I truly do appreciate it! I do apologize about the smell in the lobby on the day of your check out. We were getting the Terrazzo floor refinished and the smell was very strong. Thank you for being so understanding and if there is anything I can do for your regarding my hotel please do not hesitate to let me know. Have a wonderful rest of your day!

Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 17 November 2012 via mobile

This is a good hotel. Close to the airport. The rooms are large and very clean. The breakfast was good and the person working at the free breakfast was very nice. The only issue I had was the guy at check in wasn't very friendly. I am a high level priority club person and I had to remind him that I was to get a bottle of water. I also asked him to have a 7am wake up call which never occurred.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Scott B,

Thank you very much for the feedback I truly do appreciate it. I apologize about the service you received, we pride ourselves on customer service above all things and it is upsetting to hear that you did not experience that. I can assure you I will follow up and see how we failed. I think I found your reservation but can you please email me so I can confirm that the reservation I found was you and so I can get a chance to make it right for you? My email address is amiller@hieohare.com and my phone number is 847-544-7500. Thank you once again and have a wondeful Thanksgiving!

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 11 November 2012

My colleague and I stayed at this hotel for business recently and I was very impressed. The service was outstanding, which made up for the fact that the hotel is a bit outdated. The managers were on the floor in the morning helping everyone with their continental breakfast. The selection of items for the breakfast was outstanding, far better compared to other "complimentary" breakfast offerings at other similar hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, 13 November 2012
Blhp68,

Thank you very much for the feedback I truly do appreciate it! I am happy you enjoyed the breakfast and the staff. I know the staff is working hard on improving and it is nice for them to see comments like yours to show them that their hard work is slowly starting to pay off! Have a wondeful rest of the week!

Irvine, California
Reviewed 9 November 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our way back from Europe. We had an overnight stop in Chicago. This hotel has a free shuttle from the airport until midnight, and starting again at 5:00 AM running every half hour so this worked well for us.

The room was fine, nothing special but the beds were comfortable and soft which was welcome after the hard beds in Europe. The hotel has free internet, a place to print your boarding pass in the lobby and even a board to show the flights.

The price included breakfast which was great so you can eat before you get back to the airport. The staff were very nice and helpful including our shuttle driver.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
StarGazer55555,

Thank you very much for the kind words; I will be sure to share your feedback with the hotel staff! Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 November 2012

If you are in between flights , like we were, coming from Phoenix and going to Amsterdam via Chicago, it is a nice and good place to stay. only the pick up driver did not see us the first time.
it was very dark at night at the airport , and he drove right past us, they work on schedule and only pick you up if you are on the appropriate spot. other than that the stay was good. don t expect a terrifice great breakfast buffet, but it was sufficient. my kids enjoyed the pool a lot
but there are not facilities to change , so you have to go in your bathing suit , maybe a robe in the room would have been nice.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Chocolade59,

Thank you very much for the kind words; I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff! I like the recommendation about the robe and will look into Holiday Inn and see what their standards are. Have a wonderful day!

Milton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We travel out of O'hare on most trips as it is cheaper than Milwaukee or Madison, Wisconsin. We have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 10 years...The shuttle to return to our car has been a problem the past several trips, taking between 30 minutes to over 1 hour to pick us up at the airport. There is always an excuse... On this particular stay, Nov. 1st. we asked for a 5:45am wake up call. Instead, the call came in at 3:45am and I was unable to get back to sleep, afraid that the call wouldn't come at the appropriate time and we would miss our flight...We went down for breakfast at 6am only to be delayed for 10 minutes as they weren't prepared. We had to catch a 6:30am shuttle to the airport, so had to eat in a rush... The Holiday Inn & Suites, across the street is about $20.00 more per night with park & fly. It doesn't offer breakfast in the morning as part of the hotel pkg. but their shuttle has never been a problem. I will pay more and bring breakfast with me in the future.

Room Tip: It is nice to have breakfast included if they were prepared to serve at 6am as posted...The return s...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
Rphnd,

Thank you very much for the feedback for the only way the hotel can improve is by having guest like you let us know the areas for improvement. I apologize about the shuttle issues you had the past couple of times; I know the shuttle runs continuously to and from the airport starting at 4am and the last run at 12:45am. We pick up at the bus/shuttle center on the 15 and 45 of every hour. The only reason I can see us being late or not running exact time is to get gas in the shuttle. If you are coming internationally then you have to call the hotel so the shuttle can pick you up.

The breakfast was completely my fault and I apologize. We did our best to get everything out by 6am but unfortunately a couple of the items need to cook longer to ensure they meet the appropriate temperature to serve. But like I said it was my fault with the scheduling and I do apologize and it will not happen again.

If there is anything else I can do for you please do not hesitate to let me know my email is amiller@hieohare.com. Have a wonderful rest of the week!