“good hotel , but excellent staff”

Edward Hotel Chicago
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The hotel is a very nice, but the staff did a very good job to make you feel as close to home as they could. Brittany and Esmeralda were very friendly and like joking with us . I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Randy t,

We like to pride ourselves on being one of the cleanest and friendliest hotels around and work extremely hard to ensure our customers see that. I am very happy to see that Brittany and Esmeralda help make your stay enjoyable. I will be sure to recognize them and commend them for their efforts. I hope you had a chance to enjoy our complimentary Fresh Start Breakfast; it is amazing and is a big reason customers choose the Holiday Inn Express brand over our competitors.

Thank you once again for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This is an interesting example of an HIX as it is in an older building that once housed a different brand. It is the only Holiday Inn Express that I have ever stayed in that had multiple meeting rooms and a Grand Ballroom on the top floor.
Rooms are standard HIX quality with everything that you need for a comfortable stay.
If you are on the higher floors you can look out and see most of O' Hare airport and all of the comings and goings. This is kind of neat to see.
The property is also within easy walking distance of a few restaurants such as Shoeless Joes and Harry Carays steakhouse.
Dont hesitate to book if in the area.

Room Tip: choose a high floor number and an even numbered room if you want a view of the airport.

Wildcat1897,

Thank you so much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. We are the second largest Holiday Inn Express in America and because we are so big a lot of people consider us a full service hotel. I am happy to see you were able to notice some of the things in walking distance of the hotel. There is also a whole strip mall that houses Target, Subway, Chipotle, Starbucks, and a whole lot more within walking distance. The Allstate Arena is also in walking distance which is great for guest who stay at the hotel and walk over to the arena.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I recently switched my loyalty from Hilton Honors to IHG due to increased international travel and stayed here for the points. It is a very good hotel and you cannot get any closer to the airport without staying at the airport Hilton. Across the street was the runway but the building is well insulated and I was not bothered by any aircraft noise. The internet access is good with a decent speed and the hotel has a nice fitness center. The room was large and clean. Comfortable bed. I would stay here again however I have trouble recommending it since, for the same price point, you can stay at the nearby Hilton Garden which is a superior property.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Duane1969,

Thank you so much for the review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. A lot of our guests truly do like how close we are to the airport and that the airport noise is very minimal.

I hope you had the opportunity to enjoy our complimentary breakfast we serve here at the hotel. One of the big reasons why people choose us over our competition is because we have a very nice size breakfast buffet that for the most part meets everyone’s needs.

Thank you once again and we look forward to having you stay with us in the near future!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

A great place to stay w/ kids, nice sized continental breakfast complimentary to all guests. Obvious noise from the airport, but entertaining if you ask for a view of the airport w/ good visibility for arrivals. Noise from air unit was irritating, but the comfort of the beds made up for it. Seriously good mattresses, and clean, white linens (no nasty reused bed spreads). Chair in room could use a cleaning, not sure why they don't go back to minimalist period chairs which would be wipe-able (kind of grosses me out). All in all a good place if you need something cheap near the airport, or are in for a conference as we were. Great indoor pool...warm water (according to the kids and we're from Wisconsin so basing water temps off the lakes we normally swim in).

Room Tip: If you have kids ask for an airport view, it will entertain them for a while in the morning. :), or...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

MadCityGirl73,

Thank you so much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. Kids truly do love staying on the top floors and watching planes come it and I am happy to see that your kids enjoyed that as well. Our kiddie pool is a great amenity for families that stay here at the hotel.

I have the same mattress at home and I can say first hand that I love it!! Thank you so much once again for the kind review and I we look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Our stay at the hotel was great. The front desk lady not only checked us in she reserved a taxi for early morning departure. Upon our return we picked up at the terminal and back to the hotel promptly. The room was clean the pillows soft the room quiet and the water pressure in the shower was great. We had complimentary breakfast the next morning with numerous wedding guests. We had no idea a party was going the night before. The breakfast was the best my wife and I ever had. We will be back this Spring.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thomas P,

Thank you so much for the review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. It is nice to read reviews when the customer gets to experience everything we have to offer.

The staff prides themselves on being one of the friendliest and cleanliest hotels around. The breakfast is a signature item for all Holiday Inn Expresses and I am glad you enjoyed it. We understand that a lot of customers choose Holiday Inn Express over our competition not only because we have a free breakfast but because of the quality of the breakfast.

Thank you once again for the kind review and we look forward to seeing you this spring.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We needed a 1 night stay after landing late in the evening.
Less than a mile from car hire pick up, restaurants near by, right on major road junctions for ease of onward journey.
This is a safe bet when your tired and just want familiarity with a nice breakfast. Very reasonable rates.

• Stayed: October 2013

Tog1966,

Thank you so much for the review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. I am happy to see that you enjoy Holiday Inn Expresses and we held up that same standard that you are used to.

Hopefully, next time you can stay longer than just a day and use my complimentary shuttle to drop you off at the train and enjoy downtown Chicago. It is a great amenity that we offer up that a lot of customers take advantage of.

Thank you once again and have a wonderful week!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Overnight to wait for a morning flight, wanted to keep the cost close to $100, and be close to O'hare airport.

Key things to note that make me give this 4 stars:
- HVAC system is quieter than most lower end hotels
- Room is not worn, it's in very good shape
- King size bed is nice, pillows clean and no odors
- Workout room was far nicer than anticipated

Cons:
- No breakfast area; but this is not a major for me

Certainly would recommend this.

Called the hotel for a shuttle bus, it arrive in 10 minutes.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

WilliamKR,

Thank you so much for the review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. I am happy to see that you enjoyed our rooms and fitness center. The fitness center is state of the art because we know how important it is to our customers to have a great area to work out in.

Is there a chance you can email me with some of your information so I can find your reservation? We have a complimentary hot breakfast with a very large breakfast room so I would like to find your reservation to see who checked you in. It is a standard for all Holiday Inn Expresses to offer a complimentary breakfast every morning. My email address is amiller@hieohare.com and my phone number is 847-544-7515.

Thank you once again and I look forward to hearing from you.