“Good value hotel”

Edward Hotel Chicago
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel is the nearest to the OHare airport, so you can save minutes in a hurry. Rooms are ok, the service is good, my only complain is about the pick up shuttle, it is only every half hour, so you can be a long time waiting. Before your arrival call them to check where is the pick up area and the scheduled hours.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank brucemsn
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Brucemsn,

Thank you so much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. We pride ourselves on customer service and know that is one thing that can separate us from our competition. My shuttle is almost always on time and though we only run every half hour you can be sure that on the 15 of every hour and 45 of every hour my shuttle will be there.

Thank you once again and hope you have a wonderful week!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed overnight at this hotel. After a long day travelling it was all we needed. The standard room and facilities and the standard breakfast in the morning. The hotel provides a half hourly shuttle to and from the airport/train station into Chicago. There are two Holiday Inns close together and the shuttle for the other one was the first to arrive but the driver happily took us to our hotel after he had dropped guests at theirs. We had no trouble using the shuttle in the morning although it was very full.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adrianne K
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Adrianne K,

Thank you for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will share your feedback with the staff. We are very convenient for people flying out or coming in from O’Hare. I am happy everything met your standards and I hope in the future you can stay with us and enjoy some of our other amenities.
Thank you once again and have a wonderful rest of the week!!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed here for a wedding. Nice Penthouse views for the reception. Food was good. Hotel room was OK. Wall HVAC was rusting, windows had all failed seals, cloudy. Bathroom fixtures dated and a counter clearly 6" too low. Bed was nice. Hate the small HI pillows, hope the designer got fired. Nice large flat screen, fridge and microwave. Would stay again at $99 or less if only needed an overnight room.

• Stayed: March 2014
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

RonPatrick,

Thank you for the review I truly do appreciate it and will share your feedback with the staff. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the wedding in the Penthouse, the staff, and our beds. We know we are not the newest hotel on the block and we do everything in our power to ensure we are one of the cleanest and friendliest hotels around.

We have been doing different types of renovations each year and since we are the second largest Holiday Inn Express in America it takes more than one year to renovate the whole hotel. Holiday Inn Express has implemented a new standard on pillows which will increase the size of all our pillows in our rooms. We have already placed the order and should have the new pillows and pillow cases in the next few weeks.

Thank you once again and I hope you will have a chance to visit us soon to see our new bigger pillows. Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Apparently this Hotel was not part of the Holiday Inn refresher that recently took place. Don't get the whole thing wrong--The lobby was modern/bright and clean. The rooms were something to be desired. The furniture & fixtures looked like they were new in the 80's; they were beat up and in desperate need of replacement. The carpet looked to be just as old. Carpet was very dirty also--New socks were black on the bottom, just after a few hours in the room. Very low water pressure. Beds were old/matted down and uncomfortable. I've stayed at many HIE's, however this place again? Most likely not--They have a lot of work to do, to bring this up to the standards that HIE's are usually known for. You're better off staying at the HI that's on the other side of the street, or another chain near O'hare. Don't walk in here expecting this place to be in-line with other modern HIE's.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Favre440
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Favre440,

Thank you for the review I do appreciate it and know the only way we can improve is by having guest like you letting us know. I am sorry you did not like the look of the hotel and will share your feedback with the management company. I do know that we have a lot of people who like our rooms and the look of the hotel which you can see in previous reviews guests have left. I do know there are areas we can improve on and that we are going to improve on it just takes a little time.

We do know that we are not the newest hotel but take pride on being one of the friendliest and cleanest hotels around. I appreciate your comments and hope you have a wonderful rest of the week.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for the George Strait concert. The hotel is easily within walking distance. Not having to hassle with traffic was a plus. The hotel is nice. Free parking, internet, and breakfast. My only complaint was that there was almost no water pressure and no hot water. Not good! Especially since the price was steep.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Ashley H,

Thank you so much for the review I am very happy to see that you enjoyed the parking, internet, breakfast, and proximity to the Allstate Arena. I am sorry that the water pressure and hot water gave you some issues. We normally do not have those issues so I will speak with my Chief Engineer and see if there were any issues that his staff saw.

Thank you once again for the feedback and I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I spent a long weekend at this Holiday Inn Express, and I can't say enough nice things about the staff there. From the moment we checked in until we left, they were friendly, energetic, helpful and all around generally fabulous. A smile goes such a long way toward making guests feel at home, and the staff here recognizes that. Sam and Jordan at the front desk were particularly friendly and fun! The hotel lets guests spin a prize wheel upon check-in where you can win gifts; some practical (such as reward points) and some funny (such as a high five from the hotel staff). It's such a small thing, but it makes such an entertaining first impression! I was also lucky and won 5,000 reward points. That has to make you smile!

The hotel has a free breakfast, which is VERY good. We LOVED the cinnamon rolls; they were delicious! That's the best feature, but there is a wide selection of foods from mini-omelets, sausage, sausage gravy with biscuits, english muffins, bagels, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, cereal, and probably more that I forgot. Did I mention the cinnamon rolls? Well, they're worth mentioning again! Fresh, warm, & gooey with icing... Don't judge me, but I had two! The staff supporting the breakfast were also friendly & accommodating. They went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed.

The facility could use a bit of love. We noticed several minor issues in the room. The shower handle was loose (but functioned just fine). The faucet handle was also a bit loose. A bit of wallpaper over the door was peeling. The area by the nightstand could use an electrical outlet (for phones, ipods & such). Everything was functional, but if I had one complaint, this would be it. I spoke with the general manager about it, and he informed me that the hotel would soon get a very expensive overhaul ($12 million, I think). I'm sure these issues will be resolved once that happens, and that will make this property stellar!

There are a few other nice features. There is a pool (with a kiddie pool as well), and while not incredibly large, it's very nice. There were an abundance of beach balls there for guests to use; most hotels don't do that. Again, it's the little touches that make this hotel great. There is also free parking, which is a nice perk. The lobby is very nice, and the decor outside the elevators is, too; there were a few chairs and a table there. The main floor also has a mini-arcade with some older arcade games, but still, something many hotels don't have! There is also a very small shop with snacks, drinks, & supplies. There is a free shuttle to/from the airport, and Allstate Arena is very close by (as is some shopping and restaurants).

I noted the general manager earlier, and I can't say enough nice things about him (Adam Miller). He was visible throughout our stay and stopped me in the hallway to ask if everything was okay with our stay. I didn't realize at the time that he was the general manager as most employees here are very nice. His friendly demeanor and attitude made us feel welcome, and you can tell that he genuinely cares about the happiness of guests.

When staying in Chicago again, I wouldn't hesitate at all to stay here. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael S
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Michael S,

Thank you so much for the kind review and I can tell you our staff really liked talking to you guys. It is not every day you find out going people that engage with the staff as much as you all did and I know the staff appreciated it.

The cinnamon rolls are extremely good and I am exactly like you; cannot eat just one!!! I am very happy that you guys enjoyed your time with us and I am happy to see the “Don’t tell mom” weekend was a success.

If you guys make it back to the area please do not hesitate to reach out to us so you can stay with us again. Thank you once again and have a wonderful weekend………….p.s GO BLACKHAWKS!!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Convenient, clean, helpful front desk. No restaurant or bar- they direct you to another hnotel across the street. I waited for the shuttle from the airport to hotel for 45 minutes, then took a cab ($20 incl tip). The shuttle back to the airport leaves every 45-60 minutes, and is convenient. A good place to sleep.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MMouseMD
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Barefoothitchhiker,

Thank you for the positive review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. I know IHG is doing a good job to ensure all Holiday Inn Expresses offer up the same standards so that our guest know what they are getting when they enter a Holiday Inn Express. The big difference we have from most Holiday Inn Expresses is the size of our hotel. We are the second largest in the United States.

Our shuttle leaves the hotel on the top of the hour and bottom of the hour and picks up at the bus/shuttle center on the 15 and 45 of every hour. There is some construction so our times may be a little off depending on traffic so I do apologize that you had to take a cab to the hotel.

Thank you once again for the kind review and hope you see you again very soon. Have a wonderful week!