“Good enough”

Edward Hotel Chicago
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

It's a standard holiday inn, staff were friendly but very few of them around. Nobody helped me carry my luggage to my room. The airport shuttle was right on time and bfast was served at 6am sharp. So managed to grab a cup of coffer before getting on the shuttle. As many people were using the shuttle had to wait for the shuttle to do its rounds and come back. But it wasn't too long as the airport is quite near had to wait about 20mins as it's the same shuttle going to and fro. Just make sure you go down early if you don't wanna miss your flight. They had a self service counter to check in and print your boarding pass with flight status.
the room was ok but had to pay for Tv which was disappointing for me. at least I had free wifi to keep me occupied. If you starve at night there's a mcd nearby but that's about it.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Cavewoman11
HotelManager34, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Cavewoman 11,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Holiday Inn Express O'Hare. I certainly agree that our staff is friendly, and they receive many compliments on just that aspect of our guest service. I do apologize that we do not have a bell staff to assist with taking luggage to the room. While this position may be a staple for large, full service hotels, it is rare that an Express type property would have a bellman on duty. I am sorry for any inconvenience.
You indicated that you had to pay for TV, though I believe you rightly meant that you had to pay for any pay-per-view movies that you chose to rent. Certainly we offer television service free of charge, but we do have a large selection of pay-per-view movies for our guests' enjoyment if they so choose to rent.
Again, thank you for offering your opinions, and for your business. We welcome the opportunity to serve you again when your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

As stated in the title I think the room was overpriced for what it is. But I guess you pay a premium for an airport hotel.

We arrived at the international terminal and had to call for a pickup. It took just over 20 minutes. Better strategy would have been to call while in the customs line. Hotel was about a 5 minute drive away.

Check-in was easy and friendly. We were given a room with 2 queens on the 5th floor. The door was very difficult to open. Usually took about 4-5 tries. We did say something, but it was never fixed while we were there.

The room itself was pretty worn. TV was a new flat screen, but the decor looked like something out of 1970. I've been in much nicer, modern Holiday Inns.

Breakfast was quite awful. The extent of my breakfast was toast and cinnamon rolls. The eggs were some weird airy thing (probably cooked in a microwave), the bagels were likely from a bag, the cereal selection was poor, and there was no yogurt. There was that weird pancake machine. No waffles or anything like that. Fruit selection was bananas.

The only perk was that Giordano's delivered.

The sleep itself was fine. The bed was comfortable and the noise of the planes wasn't too bad. The shower was OK, but water pressure was weak.

There is a little market downstairs for overpriced sodas ($2.50), but what I expect from a hotel store.

We were returning from a trip to Europe....so maybe we're a little cranky comparing it to the wonderful Holiday Inn we had in Paris. I really just wish this brand had consistency across sites.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Naomi E

Dear psych4trvl,
Thank you for writing and providing us with your comments regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express. I do apologize for the issue you experienced with our complimentary breakfast. As with all HI Express properties we are mandated by brand standards to provide those items that we do, and we also provide some items in addition to the minimum requirements. There are 2 restaurants within a short walk from the property that do serve breakfast, particularly for those individuals who want more than the standard complimentary fare, and are happy to serve you waffles or whatever type of foodstuff you may choose to purchase.
I believe our rates are very competitive with the neighboring properties, and significantly lower than downtown Chicago hotels. The same may be said for our Marketplace that always seems to be quite convenient for most guests.
Thank you once again for your opinion, and your business.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed here for a weekend and service we got is truly exceptional. We requested for airport facing room with Microwave and fridge and got the same without any issues. Also we had to check in early because of our travel time and even this request was fulfilled. The morning break was great with variety of food and fruits. Not to forget the neat and clean service of house keeping. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
HotelManager34, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear pairakesh 10,
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and staff. I most certainly agree that our staff provides "exceptional" service, and that our rooms, as you said, are neat and clean. It is always our goal to fulfill guests' requests whenever we can and I am glad that we were able to do so most efficiently for you.
Again, we thank you for your business and I shall be sure to share your comments with the team.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We spent one night here while attending a concert at Allstate Arena. It is only a short walk, maybe half a mile, to the arena from the hotel so it was very convenient for us. We also were able to walk to a local Grill and Ale bar for dinner before the concert. The room was clean and quiet, perhaps a little dated but nothing that we found distasteful. The breakfast the next morning was normal for a Holiday Inn Express and very satisfying. The front desk staff was friendly and answered all our questions about the walk to the arena. We would certainly stay here again if in the area. It is very near O'Hare for those flying in or out of town. It is not a typical Holiday Inn Express, it is a very large hotel, 9 floors, and was hosting a party or wedding the evening we were there. We did not use any of the amenities.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ntd 19,
Thank you for taking the time to write concerning your stay at Holiday Inn Express O'Hare, and for your kind words about our hotel and staff. Each of them works very hard every day to help ensure that our guests have an excellent experience and it is most gratifying when they are described as friendly with the rooms clean and quiet. Our hotel is a great place to stay for anyone attending a concert at Allstate Arena, as you learned, and we thank you for helping us to spread that information.
Thank you for your business, and please come see us again the next time you visit Allstate Arena.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed five nights at this hotel with my wife and two kids (11 &13 yrs.old). Near O'Hare airport, but the room was very quiet so we didn't hear much of the air traffic despite our room facing the final approach for the aircarft to the airport. The double queen bed room was spacious enough for the four of us. The beds were very, very comfortable. We could hear some noisy neighbors from the hallway, but not from inside the room!Excellent hot breakfast with pancake machine, eggs, sausage/bacon, muffins, bagels, cereal, fruits, coffe, milk, juices,etc. The room was clean and very comfortable with a large flat screen T.V. and coffee maker. There is a shopping center, with a Target store, just a few minutes away and a couple of fast food restaurants immediately around the hotel.

Used their 24 hour shuttle, (every 20-30 minutes), to the airport to catch the blue line train to downtown. Takes about an hour in all. The blue line train is very safe, we never felt uncomfortable. We also had a rental car which took about 30 minutes with traffic (even after waiting for rush hour to end). The hotel had a huge parking lot that was free of charge. Parking downtown can be a bit expensive with costs between $14-$44 per day, hence we took the train on several days. (Keep in mind, if you park in one part of town, you may have to walk a bit to see all the attractions in this large city. (Having the Chicago Transit Authority, CTA, pass made using the trains and buses much easier to get around). Also, there are plenty of clean buses to get you closer to the attractions. There is some street-side parking available in some areas.

The hotel has an indoor pool, a fitness center with more equipment than I could name and a business center with four computers and a printer. The hotel is maintained very well inside and out. Best of all was the staff who are extermely courteous, attentive and efficient!!!! Hotel Manager, Bob F. is a hands-on manager who is very accessible and very personable. He goes out of the way to make you comfortable and answer any questions you may have!!!!

We couldn't see everything that Chicago and the surrounding suburbs had to offer in 5 days, so we will be back!!! And we will certainly stay at this hotel again!!!

Rick- Miami, Florida

Room Tip: Choose a room on the east side if you want less aircraft noise, but to be honest, the noise was not...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank rumrunner58

Dear rumrunner58,
Thank you for taking the time to write concerning your excellent experience while our guest at Holiday Inn Express O'Hare. Your review should absolutely help future guests navigate both our area and into/out of the City, and was most comprehensive. Thank You!
I certainly agree that the property is maintained very well inside and out, but most importantly I concur that our staff is extremely courteous and willilng to do whatever they can for each of our great guests. Thank you so very much for the kind words about the property and the hotel, and I shall be sure to share them with the team.
Thank you for your business, and we look forward to serving you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I can't say anything bad about my eight plus week say in Rosemont. The staff has been great Dorothy, Alex,Stacy,Samantha and Miriam have all been great.With my wife being on a knee walker everyone went out their way to be helpful

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Gary M,
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff. Each of the people that you have named are excellent examples of outstanding team members, and we are fortunate that they are with us. We are all glad that everything went well for you and your wife, and we welcome you back the next time you are in the Chicago area.
Thank you for your business, and I shall be certain to share your comments with the team.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed here during a long layover during some really bad weather in Chicago. I was relieved to get a low rate (which is rare near O'Hare), a large, quiet room, and a full breakfast for free. My room was very clean, well-appointed, and I didn't hear much noise from other guests (which is huge for me). I was stressed out about the weather but was able to relax and rest here for a night and leave very refreshed the next morning. The staff was also very friendly and I loved the free breakfast. I just wish parking was free, but the pros outweighed the cons.

Good value overall!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KAP15

Dear KAP15,
Thank you for taking the time to write concering your excellent experience at Holiday Inn Express O'Hare. I certainly agree that our staff is "very friendly" and our rooms are very clean and well appointed. It is our goal to provide each guest with an excellent stay and I am most grateful that once again we did so in your case.
Thank you for your business, and we look forward to serving you again the next time your travels bring you to the Chicago area.