“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villagio - CLOSED

Villagio
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

For my birthday weekend we went shopping & decided to try Villagio. The food was amazing !!!!! We had dinner which started out with the fresh baked onion flatbread & bruschetta. It is extremely addictive !!!!! I ordered grilled butterflied sirloin with fresh greens. It was seasoned & cooked to perfection. It was tender, juicy, & grilled to perfection. The server was very helpful & attentive. We did not have room for dessert but, we will go back soon. My actual visit date was Thursday April 24th - kudos to Villagio !!!!!!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Cheena89

Pepperell, Massachusetts
“Don't be fooled - Even though this restaurant is in a mall, it is GREAT!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went shopping for the day with my daughter and stopped at Villago's for a late lunch. They start you with onion flat bread with bruschetta. Both were delicious! The wine I ordered was half price (happy hour!!). Wonderful :) We both ordered a salad. Both large and awesome. Mine was the Greca. During our stay we came here for lunch twice and dinner once. The dinner was also great. We ordered a salad, a pasta dish and a lamb dish. This is a great restaurant even though it is inside a mall. They have a large menu and nightly specials.The decor is nice and it has a nice openness. It is located at one end of the mall a bit secluded from the shops. Give it a try. You will not be disappointed!!

Visited May 2014
Huntley, IL
“A pleasant place in the mall to relax and eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stopped by for pizza and wine. Food was excellent and they kept bringing us all kinds of bread to try. Very friendly. Service was amazingly quick. Prices were very reasonable. In fact, I wish I was back there eating right now. Many Italian dishes on the menu which we will try the next time.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank oceanside-Mary
Kenner
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FABULOSO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Food was EXCELLENT.
Service was THE BEST we ever had.
The complimentary Pizza bread and Tomatoes were out of this world.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Antonio O
Chicago, Illinois
“Group Dining? Absolutely Not”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Let me say, I did visit here first with just three people and we had a nice experience. However, I also booked a business group dinner here and had a terrible time.

I reserved the private room over two months in advance, placed a deposit and confirmed everything three times, including the week before, with the manager. The room was reserved from 7pm until close. I arrived at 6:45 to find a massive party in the room, still eating/drinking. I was then informed by the same manager who had worked with me from the start that this other party had the room until 7pm...um...in what event planning world do you book parties back to back with no time to flip the room?? My full party of 24 arrived by 7pm and we were left standing in the mall for 20 minutes (7:20 now) while the other party was moved from the private room.

Once we were finally seated, I have never experienced such slow service in all my life. By the end, half my guests got up and left without ever being served dessert and coffee. All in all, dinner took over three hours, and would've been longer if we had actually all stayed and had the final dessert course. Most of the wait staff seemed as though they had never worked a professional dinner setting before. Most appalling, the manager never apologized, never thanked us for coming and did not offer any compensation on the bill- which totaled several thousand dollars- for the poor service.

Despite the bad service, the food itself is very good. Both when I dined with a couple people and when my group came, everything was tasty. If you're a casual shopper, this place is worth a stop. If you're looking for a group dining option- go somewhere else!!

• Visited April 2014