“Great Food, Great Service”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 85 Restaurants in Rosemont
Price range: US$31 - US$51
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Fogo de Chao(fo-go dee shoun), an authentic Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, Fogo began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service.We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list. Welcome to Fogo de Chao. The Gaucho Way of Preparing Meat
“Great Food, Great Service”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We dinned at Fogo de Chão Rosemont for a special occasion and found it to be a great dining experience. The service was professional, helpful, and very polite. They offered an amazing array of steaks, pork, chicken, lamb, and sausages that you could eat until your hearts content. Additionally, there was a salad bar with some 40 options from which to choose.

You are given cards that you use to tell the wait staff that you are ready to sample additional meats, poultry, pork or sausages selections. Each brings his offering on a skewer and cuts off a sample for you. When you have enough samples on your plate, you flip the card over, telling the servers that you do not want anymore for the moment. When ready, flip the card over again and receive offerings.

There are also continual refills on bowls and plates of side dishes, like garlic mashed potatoes, sweet plantains, and a vegetable. There is also a full bar.

All-in-all this was a wonderful experience and we look forward to our next visit.

• Visited April 2014

• Serbian first
Makati, Philippines
“Non-Stop Steak”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Nice concept...freshly cooked steak served right at your table the way you want it to. They got healthy and delicious salad and appetizer selections in the buffet table. Reserve some space for the roast beef as your finale.

• Visited May 2014
Bob K
“Great restaurant experience!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Fogo de Chao is a great restaurant with a different dining experience. For those of us who are used to the regular steak house, it made my friends and I a little apprehensive. However, the staff explains how the system worked and what was going to happen and we totally loved it. The staff was very attentive and kept coming to our table to check on us. The guys carrying the meat were right there when you turned over your green card. The food was very good and with this system, you get to try almost every meat they serve. I say almost because we found we couldn't eat anymore and had to give up on some selections. A word of warning, when your plate has what you intend to eat, turn your card over to red or they will just keep coming.

The atmosphere was great, the lighting was right and the tables far enough apart that we felt we could have a conversation without being listened to. If you have never been to the Rosemont entertainment center, it is a little hard to find. They will park your car for $10 or you can park in the parking lot and they will validate your ticket at not cost.

Totally enjoyed the experience.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Robert K
Concord, Massachusetts
“A Lot of Food”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The Fogo de Chao experience is consistent wherever I go. The problem is the salad bar is so big that I never leave enough room for the meat. This one was the same but it was a little more unruly. The salad bar was crowded and people were going every which way. The meat handlers were very prompt and very solicitous. They went out of their way to bring me what I wanted. I do think that it is overpriced, though.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Paul D
Chicago
“Just Ok”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I took my two boys and, frankly, for the money I think I'll pass next time. It is expensive and the food just isn't that great. I found most cuts salty and not cooked exactly to my liking. I guess if you're with a bunch of guys and it's a boys weekend or night out it might be fine - but for most nights out it's not the right fit. For the money you can get way better steak close by (Gibson's or Mortons). After all, how much steak can one person eat. The staff was fine. Wine list was poor and overpriced. Next time off to a different place.

• Visited April 2014