“Flying” 5 of 5 bubbles

iFLY Indoor Skydiving
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Rosemont
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Ever dream of flying? Now you can at iFLY Indoor Skydiving. Experience the rush of skydiving without ever having to jump from an airplane - - - no falling, no parachutes, just you floating on a cushion of air with our professional instructor right next to you. No special skills are needed, just a sense of adventure and about an hour. IFLY is safe for kids 3 and up, fun for the entire family and perfect for birthday parties or groups. IFLY is the experience of a lifetime!
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Flying”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

My wife and I did it and had a blast. We could'nt stop smiling the whole time. We're 60 and had a much fun as the kids in the group.
Kevin was a fantastic instuctor and all the staff we interacted with were friendly and helpful. It remided me of those flying dreams you have as a kid - just a bit more wind in your face. In the last 30 seconds of your time you can opt for the instuctor to take you up the tower - very cool. If your looking for a cool, unique and fun experience for the family I highly recomment iFly Indoor Skydiving.

• Korean first
Elmhurst, Illinois
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Flying without a shoot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

What a fabulous experience to have with your kids, especially when I would never jump out of a perfectly good airplane to fly, but you can here without the shoot. I took my son for his birthday to try something new and we were not disappointed. Great staff helpful and fun, you first take a little class to familiarize yourself with hand signals since you are not able to speak in the tube. You then proceed to get goggles, ear plugs, flight suit, and helmet on. Then you sit on a bench close to the entry and wait your turn, you only have a minute of flight time and you can purchase a 20 feet higher flight with a instructor which is totally worth it. The instructors put on a little flight show in between your waiting time. We both loved it, and my son can't wait to go again.

1 Thank Chooseynat
Wheaton, Illinois
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Blown Away!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Too much fun! The instructor, Kevin, was great, made the experience quite enjoyable and fun for the entire family.

2 Thank Hapuna1
Pataskala, Ohio
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Indoor skydiving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

ifly is awesome, the instructors are great, we had some issues trying to order our videos and photos but finally got it figured out. It was a great family experience!

Visited June 2014
Antioch, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Lots of fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Brand new place, very friendly staff! My son and I purchased two 1 minute flights each, and had never done this before. The checkin process was easy, and there was some upselling going on. We added still pictures (not worth it) and the 'high flight' (very worth it.) The pictures were from a go-pro mounted behind the glass in the operators area. My wife had come along, and since she could move around her pictures were far superior to the ones provided. Our flight package also included video, and that was ok. It was taken from the same go pro. There were some issues in getting the video delivered, but we eventually got what we paid for after a phone call and several days. The flights themselves were really fun. There is some preinstruction, and then in you go. The instructor Mike was patient with my 11YO son (and me) and even provided additional offline instruction after our time in the chamber ended. Time slows down a bit while in the chamber, but 1 minute is still pretty short. The high flight is where a 'pilot' takes you under his control to the top of the chamber a couple of times. He swooped us up and down two times each before our time was up. It was also really fun. They offer a rebook deal if you buy more time before leaving that my son insisted we get (and I wanted to also) and we are looking forward to returning. A bonus was there were some professional jumpers who bought an entire half-hour block of time that went before us and they were practicing formation jumping. It was almost like a preshow, and put big dreams in all of our heads. Maybe after a few thousand hours of practice!

Visited June 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

2 Thank mykeytea