“Family of flyers with mixed reviews”

iFLY Indoor Skydiving - Chicago (Rosemont)
Book In Advance
More Info
US$71.35*
and up
Chicago-Rosemont Indoor Skydiving Experience
Ranked #1 of 5 Fun & Games in Rosemont
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ever dream of flying? Now you can at iFLY Indoor Skydiving in Rosemont. Experience the thrill of skydiving without having to jump from a perfectly good airplane - no falling, no parachutes, just you floating on a smooth cushion of air with our professional instructor right next to you. No special skills are needed, just a sense of adventure. iFLY is safe for kids 3 and up, fun for the entire family, and perfect for birthday parties or groups. iFLY is the experience of a lifetime.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Out of our three flyers, one loved it (12 year old daughter), one thought it was OK (40-something dad/husband), one didn't like it at all (10 year old son). I had flown here two years ago and really enjoyed it. I think part of the difference could be the instructor. We had a great instructor two years ago. He seemed to really enjoy his job and appeared to have fun...which made it more fun for everyone. Our instructor this time, just didn't have the same fun-loving attitude. It definitely seemed more like work for him. I'm still rating it 4/5 because they do a really nice job staying on time, keeping the facility clean and making it an overall good experience, but I can not give them a 5/5 because our instructor was a bit of a drag.

iFLYGeneralManager, General Manager at iFLY Indoor Skydiving - Chicago (Rosemont), responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

We're disappointed to hear your instructor didn't give you the best experience possible! They're the face of our business and of the sport, so we always want to you enjoy interacting with them. We'll have to sit down with our instruction team to ensure we're always cultivating a fun, safe environment, so know we really appreciate your feedback.

We can guarantee you'll have an amazing time should you choose to give us another chance - we can pair you with a different instructor, no problem.

Best,
The team at iFLY - Chicago (Rosemont)

All reviews
"flying experience"
"time slot"
"special needs"

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

William was out instructor for our birthday flight!! He was absolutely professional and made the entire experience so fun! Would recommend ifly Rosemont anytime to anyone! Request William as your instructor!!

iFLYGeneralManager, General Manager at iFLY Indoor Skydiving - Chicago (Rosemont), responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

We can't wait to share your kind words with William. We know he'll be thrilled that your experience was such a blast. Thanks for coming by, Jessica!

We'll see you next time,
The team at iFLY - Chicago (Rosemont)

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Wow! This was a ton of fun! My 12 year old and I (both first time flyers) purchased the Spread Your Wings for Two package, for $139. This package includes 2- 60 second flights per person plus downloadable videos of the flight.

The pros- a LOT of fun even for a beginner. Check in was easy. The instructors wanted to ensure our safety AND have fun. The facility is conducive to watching others and instructors fly before it was my groups turn. A well run operation.

The cons- I felt as though I was "nickeled and dimed", particularly since I had already paid $139 Being a first time flyer, I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. The original package of 60 seconds for flight IS NOT adequate for a beginner. Because there is a learning curve for flight body position, 60 seconds doesn't allow for someone to grasp it that quickly. After watching others fly, I realized that time was too short so we upgraded to 120 seconds per each flight for each person; this cost an extra $30 per person. Also, at the end of the final flight, you can fly upward with the instructor for an extra $10 per person. This is also a lot of fun but wish that I would have known in advance if this would have been extra. In the end, we paid a lot of money...but since this is something we may never do again, I paid the extra. It would have been nice if these addition up charges were listed on the website so that I was prepared.

Overall, a great experience. If it weren't so expensive I'd definitely do it again.

1  Thank soroya
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We had a family of 9 and some were running behind and they were so nice about it. We checked in and then went upstairs to watch a quick video of instruction and then to get fitted for our gear. Our instructor was awesome and made it very fun for us. A definitely must try.