“Nice brief visit”

Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We were stranded by the airline in Chicago and were put up here on their Benjamin. Very nice five star facility; clean, spacious, well appointed and impressive. We did arrive late and left before the breakfast, so can only comment on helpful staff and nice room. We hoped to stay close to the airport (to avoid the shuttle cutting into our 3 1/2 hours of sleep time), but the trip was not too bad. We would love to return and spend some more time there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TB_Rays_fan_NJ
Write a ReviewReviews (1,932)

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is a new property. Large rooms, bathrooms, beds, showers, sinks, closets etc. Very clean. Very quiet. Very friendly staff. Excellent value most times of the year. Classy. There is a Fashion Mall located with in easy walking distance right behind the property. The mall has most brand name stores anyone can think of with excellent pricing.

Most importantly, there are two first rate places to eat on the hotel property.
McCormick & Schmick's & Capital Grill. We ate at the Capital Grill. With in a two week period, we ate at Morton's, Flemings, and Pete Miller's. Although they are all great, this Capital Grill has the best steak in Chicago. Maybe it's the Chef? If you are in Chicago and want a good steak, make sure to try this Capital grill out. As with all Capital Grills, the building is first class and service excellent.

Room Tip: Corner room higher floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
PKCook, Director of Sales at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

As you point out, we are very fortunate that the Fashion Outlets of Chicago opened in our backyard. The selections and prices are excellent. Nothing compares to shopping on the Mag Mile, but many of those same stores are located in the mall, provioding our guests with an excellent alternative.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I had a business meeting at the hotel. The meeting room and my accommodations were both very nice. I had dinner at the hotel, and the food was very good. The hotel is in a great location near the airport. I highly recommend it.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for staying with us. Let us know if we can do anything for you on your next trip.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I came to Chicago for 2 weeks for work, and REALLY wish I could have just stayed here the entire time. Unfortunately I had to work downtown, so that was not possible. This is, however, very convenient to the airport and a bit easier in my opinion of getting a cab/shuttle to the downtown area.

I was picked up by the shuttle within 10 minutes of being outside. Shuttle driver was very helpful in getting my bags in and out for me. Upon arrival, he had a bellman help me (I was traveling from AZ to IL for two weeks, not sure about weather so I had a lot of luggage!). Check in was a breeze, I was upgraded to a suite (Thank you Intercontinental Ambassador). Upon entering, there was water and fresh fruit waiting for me (thank you again). The suite was very spacious, I think my favorite part was the bathroom. Open concept shower with the shower head coming out of the ceiling from above. Huge wall to wall windows in the bathroom, and the room as well. This room was very comfortable with a couch, desk, nice flat screen tv, and a good sized closet.

I had a snack at the bar and a couple of drinks, but I think the highlight was a bit later. I went back to the bar for a glass of wine, and struck up conversation with the bartender that evening, Armando. If you get the chance, have a chat with him. What a nice man. Really made the evening enjoyable. What an asset to your bartending staff!

Checking out, I was asked if everything was "OK". I told the gentleman that it was more than ok, every person that I encountered that worked here was wonderful! And the room was just awesome.... I told him I was going to the Intercontinental downtown, but wished I could stay. He told me, "If they don't treat you right, you let us know". That just completely goes above and beyond, and he really meant it.

I would/will definitely stay here again, and would not hesitate to recommend this place. Staff goes above and beyond, and that really does make a difference.

1  Thank badsherry
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The Intercontinental is a beautiful hotel but the real draw is the extraordinary art throughout. Spotlighting local artists, the entire hotel, from guest rooms to meeting areas is adorned with great pieces. The staff was awesome, great stay. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
PKCook, Director of Sales at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Thank you for your stay and your feedback. We hope you return to see our next art installment in early January!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Lovely room - spacious, clean, well appointed. I arrived too late and had to leave too early to enjoy the inviting bar. Only improvement could have been to add a coffee maker and run the shuttles more frequently after at night! I would definitely stay here again?

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jpeacott
PKCook, Director of Sales at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. We will continue to examine the overnight shuttle schedule. Regarding coffee, we do offer a Keurig maker and coffee in each room, contained within the desk unit. We're very sorry you didn't locate it. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is one of those hotels that I always hope for and seldom get. The one category that I have always felt IHG is trailing their competition is the luxury range hotel. This is in every sense of the word a luxury hotel. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The room was very large and expertly appointed. The bathroom had a huge tile shower with overhead "rain" shower head. The many laps allowed a very romantic lighting level instead of harsh overhead lights. The evening turn down service made the room so pleasant to come back to after dinner. We also took advantage of the frequent shuttle to get us to both the blue line to get downtown and the airport. I have overlooked this hotel in the past because it was at the airport instead of downtown. However, it is such an incredible value and getting downtown on the rail is so easy, that I will be staying here on my next trip to Chicago. A great hotel!

Room Tip: Get a corner room if possible.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank foodnwine2522

Thank you very much for staying with us. We appreciate your business and your feedback. Please let us know if there is ever anything else we can do for you.