“Good choice”

Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights whilst attending a conference at McCormick Place. Excellent rooms - clean and quiet! Also a good restaurant / bar (Fresco 21) and efficient shuttle service to CTA / O'Hare. Only minor negative was that I got back from my final day downtown and wanted to change out of my suit before heading to airport for an overnight flight to London. Asked where I could change and somewhat reluctantly staff suggested bathrooms. Have stayed at other places that have offered use of fitness room - perhaps I just got a grumpy staff member?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank steven_esher
PKCook, Director of Sales at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry we couldn't offer a more suitable room to change, but will do our best to accommodate you next time.
Hope to see you again next year, or sooner.

Patrick Cook, Director of Sales & Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (1,909)

Reviewed 8 December 2013

This was my first stay at this property. The hotel is built in the last two years; the modern decor is very nice. My room was a corner king - very large, with a nice chaise lounge, large work desk and a large closet / storage area. The furniture was good looking and extremely functional, with lots of electrical outlets on both sides of the bed as well as in the desk area. The bathroom was modern, with a pedestal sink and a large shower with a rain-type shower head.

The room was quiet and the curtains could be pulled to make the room very dark for sleeping, even if you had to do a nap during the day (it is an airport hotel, so likely people having long layovers would be potential customers). My only criticism of the bed was that like most hotels today there were about eight pillows on the bed, but all of them were very soft. I did not think to call to see if they had any firmer pillows that could be brought up.

The only odd thing about this particular InterContinental is that they did not have a concierge lounge. The desk manager told me that they are in the process of building one and it will be ready some time in 2014. That seemed like an odd thing to have skipped in a brand new facility.

Dinner in the restaurant was good, and not a bad value for a high end airport hotel. The seafood was fresh and and the food was prepared to order and served hot. The wine by the glass selection was acceptable, and most were in the $9.00 to $12.00 range - many airport hotels seem to think that it is fine to charge $14.00 or more for a glass out of a $20.00 bottle of wine.

Overall I would recommend this if you need to stay at O'Hare - it is more modern than the Hyatt Regency, and a better value than the Hilton, although the Hilton is much more convenience if you do not need to leave the property.

Also, the new outlet mall is within walking distance - this could make for a nice layover if you want to spend a day and not have to worry about renting a car - they have a shuttle from the airport, you can walk to the mall, and there are several higher-end restaurants at the mall, along with fast food choices.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner king room - these are at the very back of the hotel, and are larger than the standa...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 43,220

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and providing your detailed feedback. This always allows us to re-focus on certain areas. Yes, we are fairly new and are very fotunate to have a brand new upscale shopping center in our "backyard" and two excellent dining options (Capital Grille and McCormick & Schmick's) in our "frontyard". We hope you have the chance to come back soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We loved the look of this hotel: modern, sleek, clean lines. Unfortunately, the furniture in the room was uncomfortable. The mattress felt more like a futon than a mattress, the "couch" had stiff loose pillows as a back, so it was hard to relax into it, the floor space was minimal, so the person sitting at the desk had to stand up and move the chair to let the other pass.

At about 3am, the noise started with someone opening doors and letting them fall closed with a slam. Then housekeeping started knocking on the door across the hall and whispering "housekeeping, housekeeping". It sounded like heavy carts where wheeled past our door from about 4am to 6am. We were at the dead end of a hallway with no elevators in sight, but maybe they were hidden behind one of the room-like doors: there is no other reason that so much traffic would be passing our door in the early hours of the morning. Both people in our room were awakened by the noise: neither was able to get back to sleep in the continuing onslaught.

By the way, as with many upscale hotels, there is an extra charge for anything we might want. Internet carries a daily fee, self-parking was $24 (not unreasonable for the immediate area, but easy to avoid by changing location slightly). This is not a surprise at a place like this, just a source of bemusement, when low-end operations find a way to provide them for free.

The pet fee at this "pet-friendly" hotel was $150, with a weight limit of 20 lbs. Our dog didn't qualify. Unfortunately , we had purchased our room via hotwire.com (after carefully seeking out pet-friendly hotels) ,and we could not get out of our commitment for the room: we very annoyed that this info was not available before we bought. This is not the fault of the hotel, but of hotwire.com and the inadequate information they provide pre-booking.

Room Tip: When we checked in, the clerk commented that we would be on 3 far from the elevators: if they say th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank barefooters

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your stay and the feedback. We'll investigate the early morning noise. Our service areas are closer to the guest elevators and our housekeeping staff begins at 8am, so the noise you encoutered is unusual. We apologize for this and hope you will try us again so we can perform better for you. Likewise, we normally hear positive feedback on our room comfort and bed quality - we're sorry you did not enjoy them.
On a better note, InterContinental will be providing free in-room internet brand-wide beginning in January!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We were stranded by the airline in Chicago and were put up here on their Benjamin. Very nice five star facility; clean, spacious, well appointed and impressive. We did arrive late and left before the breakfast, so can only comment on helpful staff and nice room. We hoped to stay close to the airport (to avoid the shuttle cutting into our 3 1/2 hours of sleep time), but the trip was not too bad. We would love to return and spend some more time there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TB_Rays_fan_NJ
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is a new property. Large rooms, bathrooms, beds, showers, sinks, closets etc. Very clean. Very quiet. Very friendly staff. Excellent value most times of the year. Classy. There is a Fashion Mall located with in easy walking distance right behind the property. The mall has most brand name stores anyone can think of with excellent pricing.

Most importantly, there are two first rate places to eat on the hotel property.
McCormick & Schmick's & Capital Grill. We ate at the Capital Grill. With in a two week period, we ate at Morton's, Flemings, and Pete Miller's. Although they are all great, this Capital Grill has the best steak in Chicago. Maybe it's the Chef? If you are in Chicago and want a good steak, make sure to try this Capital grill out. As with all Capital Grills, the building is first class and service excellent.

Room Tip: Corner room higher floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

As you point out, we are very fortunate that the Fashion Outlets of Chicago opened in our backyard. The selections and prices are excellent. Nothing compares to shopping on the Mag Mile, but many of those same stores are located in the mall, provioding our guests with an excellent alternative.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I had a business meeting at the hotel. The meeting room and my accommodations were both very nice. I had dinner at the hotel, and the food was very good. The hotel is in a great location near the airport. I highly recommend it.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for staying with us. Let us know if we can do anything for you on your next trip.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I came to Chicago for 2 weeks for work, and REALLY wish I could have just stayed here the entire time. Unfortunately I had to work downtown, so that was not possible. This is, however, very convenient to the airport and a bit easier in my opinion of getting a cab/shuttle to the downtown area.

I was picked up by the shuttle within 10 minutes of being outside. Shuttle driver was very helpful in getting my bags in and out for me. Upon arrival, he had a bellman help me (I was traveling from AZ to IL for two weeks, not sure about weather so I had a lot of luggage!). Check in was a breeze, I was upgraded to a suite (Thank you Intercontinental Ambassador). Upon entering, there was water and fresh fruit waiting for me (thank you again). The suite was very spacious, I think my favorite part was the bathroom. Open concept shower with the shower head coming out of the ceiling from above. Huge wall to wall windows in the bathroom, and the room as well. This room was very comfortable with a couch, desk, nice flat screen tv, and a good sized closet.

I had a snack at the bar and a couple of drinks, but I think the highlight was a bit later. I went back to the bar for a glass of wine, and struck up conversation with the bartender that evening, Armando. If you get the chance, have a chat with him. What a nice man. Really made the evening enjoyable. What an asset to your bartending staff!

Checking out, I was asked if everything was "OK". I told the gentleman that it was more than ok, every person that I encountered that worked here was wonderful! And the room was just awesome.... I told him I was going to the Intercontinental downtown, but wished I could stay. He told me, "If they don't treat you right, you let us know". That just completely goes above and beyond, and he really meant it.

I would/will definitely stay here again, and would not hesitate to recommend this place. Staff goes above and beyond, and that really does make a difference.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business