“Name change ”

Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This was a very nice hotel with extremely nice staff. NEW they changed names durring my stay its now Loews hotel. Looks like all the same staff and still the same hotel. The only one complaint I had was the rooms didnt get clean untill very late in the day. Don knowbif they were short staffed or not. Would be a grwat stay in a very convenient location.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Koba B, Front Office Manager at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Loews Chicago O’Hare! I hope you found your stay enjoyable. I am sorry to hear that there was a delay in servicing your room. I apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused you. We certainly hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Loved the hotel and the staff were professional and upgraded us to a suite through an Ambassador membership that we hold with the hotel group. Stayed one night before a trip to Europe. Room service was fabulous and breakfast delicious..One child needed to sleep on the sofa, which was a bit of a squeeze but extra bedding was provided. The shuttle works well on the way to the airport but when coming back on an international flight you call to let them know you have arrived we missed the shuttle as our baggage took 5 mins more than anticipated and they don't wait for you. No big deal took a $10 taxi ride. Parking was excellent for the 4 weeks $250 through an online parking agency and undercover which was great. Overall would recommend this hotel for service and parking.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Loews Chicago O’Hare! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to be of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Due to UA flight cancellation I stayed one night in this hotel. The shuttle was great to and from Ohare. Checkin was simple but front desk people need to give information when checking in about shuttle departure times etc.
The hotel was clean and comfortable but it would have been nice to be able to get a cup of coffee.
I only stayed overnight so I do not have much to review....it was quiet and safe!
I would recommend the hotel but will not travel with United Airlines.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Loews Chicago O’Hare! I am glad to hear that you found your stay enjoyable. I will share your feedback with our Front Desk team about providing departure shuttle information. We have Keurig coffee makers in all of our guestrooms. I am sorry that you did not get to enjoy a cup of coffee prior to departure. We hope to be of service again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I chose this hotel based on it's location. Being 5 minutes from the airport, I'd expected that it would be busy and therefore noisy- but I didn't hear much of anything while in my room. I caught the shuttle from the airport which was great. The room was nice and the bathroom fixtures and sink were fine, not what I'd put in my home but they function well although other reviewers seemed to take issue with them.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SJBandkids
Koba B, Front Office Manager at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had a free night at an IHG hotel and a partly-paid night to use up so stayed here for two nights. This is a really nice hotel - housekeeping excellent, staff at the front desk helpful and (best of all) I had free parking - a bonus in a Chicago area hotel.

The TV service is not great - no HBO or similar and the TV in our room seemed pretty worn!

It is a close walk to the Fashion Mall shops and some good restaurants. walking distance or a short ride to the Rivers Casino and close to downtown Chicago if you feel like a drive.
Overall - a good stay.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking River Road with a view of the Chicago skyline in the distance - no room no...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Highly recommend staying at the Intercontinental when you are flying out of O'Hare. Rooms are very nice, staff is friendly and helpful. Great bar in the hotel and the food at the hotel restaurants is consistently good. For something more upscale there are two very nice restaurants literally 50 feet from the hotel's front door. Great shuttle service to O'Hare. And if you have some time to kill walk over to the "outlet" shopping center. Some great high end stores.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel as we got stuck at Ohare overnight. We arrived around 11 PM. The only food available was from room service; the restaurant, which was open, refused to serve any takeout food to us.
On checkin the clerk wouldn't even give me a lousy bottle of water (which costs about 25 cents\) even though I'm a Gold Elite IHG member!
Overall this has lousy service, very expensive and very disappointing.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear TravelMaven1818,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Gold member and for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. We have sent you a private message addressing your concerns. We value your feedback as this is our best resource in improving our guest services. We hope you give us another opportunity and allow us to redeem your faith in our products and services.

Dhan M