“Nice choice if you need to stay near the airport”

Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Nice choice if you need to stay near the airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed here for two nights recently to attend a wedding at the hotel. Overall, I was pleased with the hotel. Our room was spacious enough, everything was clean and well-kept, and the bed was comfortable. The food in the restaurant (we had lunch there twice) was good quality (they have Starbucks coffee, espresso, etc.), and the banquet facilities were nice. They have their own shuttle for airport pickups. The subway into Chicago is about a 10-minute walk. Considering that we were near the airport (although I think the hotel is more than a mile away), we didn't hear much airplane noise. You have to pay for Wifi if you bring your computer (don't recall how much). My only complaint is we had a package waiting for us that we really needed upon arrival, and the front desk person couldn't get to it because she didn't have the key to the package room. She said she would send someone up with the package, but it hadn't come after about half an hour and we wanted it before we left to go into town. I went down to the desk and it was sitting there on the counter. Otherwise, service was nice and the staff was friendly. (Also, there are several other hotels with restaurants that you can walk to if you are here for a few nights and want to eat at different places.)

Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Thank you for your recent review! We greatly appreciate all of your positive comments. It appears that we definitely failed when it came to the package delivery. My staff and I reviewed your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve this issue. Again, we are terribly sorry that your package was not delivered to you directly in a timely manner but we invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience. We are very happy you enjoyed your overall stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Cher Jacobsen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

This hotel has become my preferred hub in the Chicago area. I know it is an airport hotel but this one is different. The staff are great and even though they are busy they still remember return guests and make you feel like you belong.

I am a Priority Club and Ambassador Platinum member and there is an Intercontinental just across the road but this Crowne Plaza is a cut above in all the ways that matter to a regular business traveler.

Room Tip: Get to know the guys behind the Bar,
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Terryl-55
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear from our valued repeat customers and appreciate your continued patronage. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Brookfield, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

My boyfriend & I stayed one night at the Crowne Plaza, it is a big, modern, nice hotel. I got a good deal booking on Hotwire. No complaints about the room or hotel itself, everyone was friendly and helpful. We were meeting family that flew in at O'Hare and the hotel has a free shuttle to & from the airport so that was very convenient. The pool area is nice. We ate at the hotel bar, very good food! The only issue we had was trying to find a reasonably priced place for us to get dinner & drinks outside of but near the hotel. The Capitol Grille & McCormick & Schmicks were very close but very crowded & pricy. We ended up finding a restaurant/bar called Rog's down the street, cheap & good food!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Birdee33
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
We appreciate the feedback you have provided on your recent stay and thank you for staying at our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed our newly renovated guestrooms and hotel facilities. Thanks again for choosing our hotel and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Hopkinton, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I had a quick turn in Chicago last week and stayed at the Crown Plaza near O'hara. The rooms where clean but a bit dated as was the entire accomodation. I certainly would return, if I couldn't come up with a more "updated: option, but this would be my next first choice. I do make it into this part of Chicago very regularly and have had better stays at the Intercontinental, also there in Rosemont. Again, this was fine, just wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
We have reviewed your comments regarding your recent stay and thank you for providing feedback to us. It is always our goal to provide an exceptional experience and great service to all customers. I am sorry to hear that you feel that our property is not as updated as you would like. We are hopeful that you would consider giving the hotel another opportunity in the future.

Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

I stayed two nights at this hotel during a recent business trip to Chicago. It's fairly close to the airport. I did wait a little longer than 15 min for the shuttle at the airport but check in was smooth. Front desk was helpful, informative and friendly. The fitness room/pool were much nicer than expected. There were several cardio machines as well as weight machines and free weights. I was able to get a semi complete workout. The only downfall was that there were no mats or stretch area nor towels. I did not visit the restaurant but I did order room service. I was quoted 30-40 min but I had my food within 20 minutes. I ordered the steak and it was very good. The beds were comfortable, bathroom was modern, flat panel tv, fridge however the room was painted a hideous shade of 70s blue.

All in all, aside from the terrible wall color I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

1 Thank deepher
We have reviewed your comments regarding your recent stay and thank you for providing feedback to us. I am sorry to hear about your experience with the shuttle service. We schedule multiple vehicles when we expect heavy volume and I am sorry we were not able to accommodate you in this instance. I have reviewed your specific comments regarding the fitness/pool area and purchased yoga mats. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

I have been attending business meetings for my state association at this location for the past 3 years. The staff serving us have remained unchanged! They remember us, as we do them. I asked one of them about the retention, and she said this is a great place to work....that tells me a lot about this hotel. The service has been great, and the hotel room is clean and comfortable. My only disappointment is the limited dining option (1 small restuarant) at this hotel.

1 Thank MaryMa
Thank you for the positive comments about your experience with our hotel and we appreciate the time you took to provide this feedback to us. I am happy that you enjoyed our newly renovated guestrooms, hotel facilities and the service that you received from our staff. Thanks again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Havertown, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Our daughter was stranded in Chicago due to engine problems. She was given a room by the airline. We provided the dinner by phone. The restaurant could not have been nicer. Thank you for a great experience!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank frlgibson
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your daughter’s recent stay at our hotel. I am delighted about your feedback on our guest service. It is our goal to provide exceptional experience and great service to all customers. I hope to see you again in the near future!