“Nice hotel and very convenient to Stephens Convention Center”

Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Houston, Texas
“Nice hotel and very convenient to Stephens Convention Center”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Had a corner room with a nice view of downtown Chicago. Hotel was very convenient to the Stephens Convention Center. Restaurant and gift shop stays open until 11pm for a late dinner or grabbing a quick late night snack. Took the shuttle from the airport to the hotel and back. It was ontime and quick. The hotel is in close proximity to the airport so there is some noise from aircraft taking off but it wasn't too bad.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Travel weary I stayed here before driving home from a week "on the road " as a pilot. $200. for six hours in a room and they refused to include breakfast. After achieving platinum status and spending half the nights of my life in a hotel a little professional courtesy maybe? Im sure if you wanted to book a large group they'd love to talk numbers on breakfast but as an individual staying for one night they just didn't seem to care if you were happy with your stay. I was asking out of nessecity making only $40,000 a year as a pilot I simply can not afford to pay $16. for breakfast. Just sad.....

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Scott H
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
We value you as a Platinum member and I am sorry that you experienced what you did. I assure you that we appreciate all of our guests and I understand your point about having the team empowered to fulfill your request for a complimentary breakfast. I will follow up with all of our service team and I would greatly appreciate it if you would give us another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to guest service. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Tel: 847.928.3700
cjacobsen@crowneplazaohare.com
California
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I came here for one of those "airport meetings." This hotel is perfectly fine for that. The room was clean and functional and had everything I wanted: safe, iron, refrigerator. The staff was uniformly very helpful, particularly those staff serving the business meeting rooms. The room service food was pretty good, though not great.

The pool is a little longer than normal and it's actually possible to swim laps! I did so, though the water was a little murky. Still, most hotel pools are not swimmable at all, so I'm not complaining.

One gripe is the WiFi: I'm already annoyed at having to pay $12.95/day for WiFi, but then it had better be pretty darn good. Except that it wasn't, it was barely sufficient to hold a Skype audio call, let alone a video call. I guess it doesn't matter if your company pays for the WiFi, but this came out of my pocket. Really not worth it, except I had to have it.

Note that there is absolutely nothing in this area except hotels and meetings rooms and the odd fancy steakhouse-type restaurant. There is no life in this area at all. But the blue line is about a 10 minute walk away, go into Chicago and experience a real city.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay! I am delighted that you found the staff to be very helpful. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and that is very important to us. I will be sure to share this with the team along with your positive comments about the room being clean, functional and that it had everything you wanted as well as our swimming pool.

I will follow up with our IT department to insure our WIFI is functioning properly as I know staying connected is important to our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for future reservations. FYI, starting on August 1st, a new outlet mall is opening that consists of high branded stores like Bloomingdales, Coach and many more. This is located behind our hotel. Also within walking distance to our hotel is the MB Financial Park that consists of variety of restaurants such as Toby Keith’s, Hofbrauhaus, entertainment and much more. I’d be happy to tell you more about the surrounding areas and where you can relax on your next visit. Please feel free to reach me at my contact details below if you need further information.

Thank you.

Tel: 847.928.3700
cjacobsen@crowneplazaohare.com
Boston
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Our company recently held a meeting at Crowne Plaza O'Hare Airport for over 200 attendees. Each aspect of the meeting was very well handled by the conference services staff, banquet staff, and technical - AV team. Although the hotel is busy, the public areas and meeting rooms are well cared for. The hotel is not lavish or elegant upon arrival - bland entrance and porte-couchere, small lobby and front desk, but don't be deceived by the first impressions. The team has a great commitment to customer service. As a meeting planner, I look for teams of individual who can listen and understand my needs and my guest's needs and then proactively respond to ensure a successful experience. The group at the Crowne Plaza O'Hare did just that!

The culinary team did a great job for us too. Most meals were buffet, but the food was always well presented, appetizing, fresh, and my group overall enjoyed it. The banquet staff was happy to handle minor special requests.

The IHG Priority program provides some benefits, one of them is a free drink at the bar on day of arrival. We were able to have internet included in our guestroom rate - another plus. The data capacity was high - could easily view videos, etc.

The only area of planning that was less than satisfactory was AV planning. The sales rep for AV is not on property, so planning is done remotely then interpreted by on property reps. This created a surmountable difficulty.

I received my group bill promptly and it contained only one error.

What's most important to me is that overall my group was overall very satisfied with their stay at the hotel.

Room Tip: There are standard guestrooms on building corners that offer more light. Good work area.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Stayed here to attend a conference at the convention center. My room was basically what I expected: mostly quiet, comfortable bed, nice bathroom, tasteful decorating. The walk across the street to the conference was short but the traffic is fast which was awkward for some attendees when the police were not there flagging. The walk to the train station is at least 20 minutes. Breakfast buffet was included in my stay but I would certainly not pay the listed cost if it were not "free". Food quality was good but selection was boring and did not change during 4 days. I felt extremely gouged on the parking fee: do make sure you find the going daily rate and budget for this if you have a car with you. One day of parking cost what I thought I should pay for 4. Free boarding pass printing was a very nice amenity, considering internet use was very expensive. I think if I didn’t feel so "nickeled and dimed" during my stay I would have given at least one star better.

Room Tip: Budget for parking if you have a car, it is really expensive per day.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear like2bike1,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel regarding your stay. I am pleased to note that you found our rooms to be quiet and nicely decorated.

I am sorry to hear your issues about our breakfast selection and parking fee. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience and dissatisfaction this has caused you.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We value you as a guest and we are looking forward to serving you again.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Walking distance to restaurants, Rosemont theater, El train and one stop away from airport. Easy access to city and burbs. Rooms are nicely appointed and most conveniences are offered. If you can, get a top floor room so you have city and airport views.

Room Tip: Top floor!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ann t
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thank you very much for making us your hotel of choice. We also believe our central location is very convenient to our guests who use the O'Hare airport for their travels as well as a quick hop to downtown Chicago. I am delighted to know that we were able to accommodate you. We always aim to exceed our guest expectations and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

(847) 928-3700
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel. We actually check out today. Our stay was great! I really don't have any complaints other than don't pick a room near the elevator. We had an option and I didn't mind, but their elevator is pretty busy so it can be a little noisy. Other than that, rooms are clean, and spacious.

Room Tip: Get a high floor that is not near the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us. We're glad to read your stay was pleasant. It is very important to all of us here at the Crowne Plaza O'Hare to ensure that all our guests are happy and well taken care of while visiting. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Chicago or Rosemont.

(847) 928-3700