“Good Business Venue”

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good Business Venue”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My family and I were in Rosemont for a car show and stayed at the Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare. Our room was very clean and comfortable and I liked their pool and fitness center. Due to the car show and a wedding reception, there was a lot of activity going on in the hotel. When we requested another room away from a loud party that was in the next room, the front desk staff was very accommodating in moving us to a room in a quieter area.

The hotel is in a good location for business travelers, the hotel is across the street from the Stephens Convention Center, 20-30 minutes by car far from O'Hare Airport. The hotel is very close to the Fashion Outlets of Chicago (unfortunately, I didn't have time to do any shopping) and for general entertainment, the Rosemont Theatre and the Muvco Movie Theatre.

The hotel is more than 40-50 minutes from Downtown Chicago, but if you don't want to drive downtown, the CTA has a park and ride facility where you can take their Blue line train into Downtown Chicago or all the way to O'Hare Airport.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear KStep029

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza O’Hare for your recent trip to Rosemont. We appreciate you taking the time to share that your room was very clean and comfortable. I am glad to hear you found some time to take the advantage of our heated indoor swimming pool and fitness center.

Thank you for recognizing front desk team for their service. You are absolutely correct: We are so conveniently located in the heart of the Rosemont business and entertainment area, just a short walk away from most major shopping, dining or entertainment destinations.

We greatly appreciate your business and looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Tel: 847.928.3700

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Marshalltown, Iowa
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed here after missing a flight - decent hotel : rooms are clean and neat. Restaurant options are not many - internet is $13/day. Staff were friendly. Fairly close to the airport (20min by shuttle). There is an airport shuttle every 30min which is convenient for travellers. If i missed another flight, i would probably stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear TTZulu

I am very sorry to hear that you missed your connecting flight. We are glad that hotel did meet your expectation and we greatly appreciate that you took some time to share that our rooms are clean and neat and our staff were friendly.

Thank you for your business and we are looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 November 2013

nice room, very good shower, the front desk was really helpful, they changed my smoking room to a non smoking without problems. the position to the covention center is the best, thehotel was full and people on the corridor could be loud, but there is nothing you can do about that!
only small problem the lady at the check in for breakfast was not so nice, because i was having breakfast alone and did not want to stay at the bar, so she had to use a table for me and it showed that it bothered her!!!
but breakfast was nice.
great choice for me

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear isablubelle,

We greatly appreciate you taking some time to share your stay experience. Our front desk team will be glad to hear that you have recognized them for their service and friendliness.

You are correct, our hotel is so conveniently located to all major destinations in the Rosemont area, be it Rosemont Convention Center, Rosemont Theater, Muvico, Shopping and Entertainment District—we are just a short walk away.

I apologize for the inconvenience in the restaurant. This is not typical for our property and I have already addressed it with our Director of F & B.

Minneapolis
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Visited this hotel for a 2 day weekend conference and it was very convenient to be able to run back up to the room during breaks. Room quality overall was very nice, standard amenities. Nice touch was an actual hair dryer and not the one attached to the wall. One thing I will mark as a negative is that there was not a freezer compartment in the fridge unit so I couldn't bring my ice packs back home on the plane since they weren't fully frozen.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Justsimplyb,

We greatly appreciate the opportunity to serve you during your two-days conference. Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience and highlight our room quality along with the standard amenities. ‘Glad you liked our hair dryer. I regret that our fridge didn’t meet your expectations.

Thank you for your business and we are looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Stanley, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Nothing much to be said...average rooms, average lobby, meeting space, breakfast, staff. The rooms are clean, the toiletries standard. They had the most uncomfortable pillows I can remember in a hotel in a long time. The workout facilities were very nice, clean and the machines were plentiful. The chairs in the meeting room were the standard meeting room chairs, which is to say "back killers". I was there for a pre-planned meeting. If I had a choice, I would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Henry S.,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your stay experience. I am glad to hear you found some time to take the advantage of our fitness center that features Life Fitness equipment.

Thank you for pointing out that our rooms are clean with standard Crowne Plaza Amenities. I regret to hear that our pillows and meeting room chairs didn’t meet your expectations.

I am sorry to hear that, at the moment, we are not your first choice hotel and we’ll work hard on becoming it.

Thank you for your business and we hope you will consider us for your future stays. Please contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Chicago
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We rented a room for a business function and was very surprised at how nice it was and how attentive the personnel were. The hotel is definitely older but they have done a very good job with upkeep and maintenance. If the need arises for another room in the area, they will be at the top of the list.

Dear Chicagoman88,

Our team is highly motivated to provide great stay experience to all our guests and we greatly appreciate the opportunity demonstrate it. Thank you for taking the time to share how impressed you were with your overall stay.

We greatly appreciate your business and looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservation.

Santa Maria, California
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Okay, so I missed my connection and wangled a free night from the airline... knowing Crowne Plaza is often used by airline personnel, I was expecting a plain-Jane experience. I was delighted to be in a beautifully equipped, stylishly decorated room on the 14th floor, with a pretty good view of the world. The bathroom was really nice, and the bed perfectly comfy, except that the waffle weave blanket was a bit weird. Hotel staff were very nice, and the shuttle driver, too. The light between the beds didn't work, and as soon as I told the manager, he was on it. I'd stay again, based on this unplanned visit. Kind of cool that they offered filtered water with the ice machine, rather than bottled H2O in the room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Wintrs101,

I am very sorry to hear that you have missed your connecting flight. It is never a pleasant experience.

I really appreciate you took the time to share that you were impressed with our beautifully equipped and stylishly decorated rooms, comfy beds and very nice service.

I am glad you liked our filtered water rather then bottled H2O. It is part of our overall “Go Green” initiative.

We greatly appreciate the opportunity to serve you and hope to see you again when you are in the area. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Sincerely