“Clean rooms and good experiance”

Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Ohio City, Ohio
“Clean rooms and good experiance”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed April 9 and hotel delivered. Easy shuttle to and from airport, nice staff, average restaurant and clean, quiet rooms. I would stay again. Breakfast buffet was actually very good and staff was helpful.

Room Tip: stayed on 5th floor and it was quite.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear midwestohi,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate your kind words about the hotel and our services. I am glad that you have enjoyed your overall stay.

We are looking forward to your next stay (and this time we will do our best to make it “Clean rooms and excellent experience”).

Thank you for your business. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Tel: 847.928.3700

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Avon, Connecticut
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Absolutely motel service. No room service after 11 pm. No food. No mini bar, not even botle of waters inside the rooms. Horrible service. High end price with low end service. They even charge extra for internet use. Really I would have been far better serviced at the local holiday inn

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank GhgKlara
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear GhgKlara,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for not meeting your expectations with regards to minibar and room service.

We try to avoid using plastics such as bottled water, therefore, we offer free ionized water located in the vending area on each guest floor. Also, we provides free internet access to all IHG Rewards members. To learn more about this program visit ihg.com.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would give us another opportunity. I'd be happy to provide your drink preferences in the refrigerator in your room prior to your arrival in future.

We offer cold food after 11pm. We can also refer you to restaurants in the area that delivers past 11pm. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Cranston, ri
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here traveling for business. It was convenient to O'hare, with frequent shuttle service. It had a decent gym and pool and the staff were all helpful. The hotel itself is tired. Both the rooms and common areas are in need of an upgrade. The room was clean, and the TV decent. The hotel did the trick, and was for that night, very we'll priced compared to others in the area

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Lee7444,

We appreciate your feedback. I am glad that you found some time to take the advantage of our indoor heated pool and our fitness center featuring Life Fitness equipment. Thank you for sharing that our rooms are clean and our staff helpful.

We appreciate your business and looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is an airport hotel that is nothing more than a place to sleep before your flight. I was staying at this hotel for a workplace celebration and was not impressed with the quality of service or condition of items in the guestroom. Upon checking into this hotel the billing procedures that were established by company were not communicated to the front desk. In my guestroom, the headset did not work on the phone and the clock was not properly set. The procedures for using the hotel internet were not communicated to me and it was difficult get online with the free internet access I was given as a Priority Club number.

Dear 966travel,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we are always looking for the way to improve our service. I apologize for all the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay. I would like to address your issues appropriately and I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me directly.

We greatly appreciate your business and hope you will consider our property for your future stays.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The lobby of the Crowne Plaza is nothing to extol. You don't realize how much time you spend in a lobby until you actually spend time in the lobby. It's difficult to sit and have a conversation with someone since the chairs are so far apart. I was also disappointed with the lack of free internet in the lobby. Sure, you can become a member of the club, but sometimes you just don't want to share your info.

The bar area is also strangely configured and doesn't really allow larger parties to gather. There's some sort of VIP area, but that was blocked off. I was a bit disappointed in the drink selection as well, but the service was good.

The restaurant wasn't bad for breakfast. There's a very pricy breakfast buffet (17.95 includes coffee and juice), or you can order off the menu. Coffee is exorbitantly high at 3.75 without a refill and was served in a to go cup. I ordered off the menu, and the food was good. I did try the eggs in the buffet, and they were not "farm fresh" scrambled unless the farm was powdered.

The rooms were nice with decent products. The front desk will give you a shower cap since they are not in the rooms, but the shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion was nice. Good towels (I didn't have the brown spot problem as mentioned in someone else's review.) I always enjoy having a makeup mirror as well.

The pillow choice was good and the bedding was nice. I also thought the room was warm, but noticed that you had to move the thermostat to warm or cold to control heat or AC, which was odd. After I figured that out, the system worked well.

The room is well sized and has coffee with little creamers instead of powder, which is nice. The closet had ample space and the lighting was good.

My only complaint about the room was the position of the bed lights. They come out from the headboard and are adjustable, but I smacked my head on them every night. They are awkwardly placed.

The workout room is split into two and had nice cardio equipment for a hotel. The weight room was a little toasty with a good assortment of resistance machines, and the only two pieces that were missing were a yoga ball and step for me. Otherwise, totally workable, even though they are in two rooms. The view of the pool was nice from the cardio room, and looked refreshing for an indoor pool.

All in all, this was a decent hotel with a couple of nice qualities. I would stay there again on business since it had quick access to the outlet mall.

Room Tip: Bring a water bottle since there's a water station for filtered water in the ice/vending room...
Dear cyanhead,

Thank you taking some time to share your stay experience. Your inputs are greatly appreciated as we are always looking for the ways to improve our service.

Thank you for your business and we are looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Dryden, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Had to stay in Chicago overnight due to flight cancellation. Hilton at airport full so given choice of hotels. Told lady at united to pick one as I wasn't from Chicago. She picked crowne plaza and even phoned over to check on rooms. Crowne plaza could have advised they had a tattoo convention on and it might not be place to be with young children. AND IT WASN'T!! Lobby full of people drinking, swearing and yelling both when we checked in at 8pm and STILL at 3am when we checked out. I don't have issue with the people at tattoo convention. But think crowne plaza should have been more up front with lady booking. I will always have a bad memory of crowne plaza and will always opt to stay elsewhere if possible. Giving up a room rental for one night would have bee better for them. Than having us never stay at any crowne plaza in future.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank DebbienKarl
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear DebbienKarl,

I am sorry about your flight cancellation. It is exhausting and never pleasant experience.
It is our goal here at the Crowne Plaza O’Hare to provide great stay experience to all our guests.

We regret that your stay experience was less than satisfactory and would welcome the opportunity to make it right.

We appreciate your business and hope you will consider our property for your future stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Tel: 847.928.370
Peru, Illinois
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed here overnight for work, I wasn't impressed.
Although it looked like the bathroom was recently remodeled, the rest of the room looked worn. The thermostat did nothing to control the heat and the room was cooler than I like. The worst part was when I went to use a hand towel and noticed two large brown stains on the towel - disgusting and unacceptable. I took the towel down to the front desk at checkout and staff did apologize and said they would inform housekeeping (doubtful). The parking was expensive and I was unable to get a receipt. I would not stay again, nor would I recommend it to anyone. I suppose an unsuspecting traveler going to the convention center would enjoy it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Sharon B,

It is our goal here at the Crowne Plaza O’Hare to provide great overall stay experience to all our guests and we greatly appreciate your feedback.

We regret that our newly renovated rooms didn’t meet your expectation this time. I apologize about the inconvenience with the thermostat and hand towels. We take this very seriously and I can assure you that this is not a typical experience at our property and it has been addressed accordingly.

In order for us to address appropriately, would you please call me on the number below and let me know room number that you stayed in or the name on the registration?

Our parking rates are very competitive in the area. We provide unlimited in and out privileges and I am sorry if this was not clearly communicate to you.

We greatly appreciate your business and hope to see you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Tel: 847.928.370