“Could have easily been better”

Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Paihia
“Could have easily been better”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We love staying at the Crowne Plaza wherever we go, we are however seeing and increasing variance in standards, The room we had was not what I would call ideal, we had an outlook into a corridor, seemed very strange, while it was private and we had no noise and we were up 3 levels it didn't distract us at all, it did however make the room appear dark even during the brightest of days, at night there were lights outside the window that were difficult to block out. The rooms are not that well lit and I think an upgrade of the rooms is a bit overdue. Restaurant and bar are well appointed and staff are accommodating. Front of house is a bit different, we were welcomed in at midnight by very friendly people that made us feel welcome after a 20hr trip. unfortunately it proved that when the hotel got busy some of the staff did not respond all that well. We were there on a business trip and our rate included WIFI, however for most of the 5 nights we had no wifi as the hotel was unable to cope with all the users, My question is why would they not have the ability for capacity of a full house in these modern times, this proved to be very disappointing as we were unable to conduct our business in the usual manner. All in all while the property is nicely positioned with plenty close at hand, we may make a different choice next visit.

Room Tip: Not one on the inside of the hotel looking into the internal corridor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Wayne H
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Wayne H,

Your feedback is very important to us as we always looking for the ways to improve our service. Thank you sharing that the restaurant and the bar were well-appointed and the staff was accommodating.

I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. I would like to inform you that we are in the final stage of upgrading our internet service which will provide faster and more reliable internet access to all our guests.

Thank you for your business and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I could be of any assistance.

Tel: 847.928.3700

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was a nice hotel. We were there from July 24th to July 27th and we had a great time. The room was clean and the staff were pleasant. The restaurant was delicious and the shopping center was within walking distance. Given the traffic in the Chicago area, the commute from the hotel to Chicago wasn't that bad. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Dear fljohns

Thank you for your amazing review. Our team will be happy to know that we have met your expectations and you had a great time during your stay with us.

Thank you for sharing that hotel was nice and clean, staff pleasant, the restaurant delicious and the shopping center just a short walk away.

Thank you for your business and as always do not hesitate to contact me directly if I could be of any assistance.

Bloomington, Minnesota, Usa
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I had a great stay at this hotel the week of July 28th... service was outstanding... cleaniliness was excellent... my room was modern and functional... cool sink in the bathroom! But... what made my stay was th incredible Food & Beverage outlets. Food was outstanding and Beverage service was flawless... attended an event and Juan the bartender did a great job...
I met Cher the General Manager... I could tell after meeting her why the hotel was running so efficiently... she is a great leader and expects the best from her staff, and gets it!
Great location, lots to do within a mile or two... Casino, great restaurants (if you do go out)... and free shuttle to airport!
I'll be back!

Al S...

Room Tip: I had a standard King and it was great!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Al S,

Thank you for the awesome review! The credit goes to my wonderful team who has the guest stay experience at their heart. Our team is all about providing great stay experience to all our guests and they will be glad to know that you found everything to be great; from outstanding service, excellent cleanliness to modern room and cool sink in the bathroom. Our award-winning Chef Michael Grove will be delighted to know you liked his specialties. Also, thank you for recognizing Juan for his service.

We greatly appreciate your business and looking forward to your next visit. Please do not hesitate to reach me directly if you need assistance.

Glen ellyn
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel comfortable, spacious nice dining facility. I would like better follow up on upgrades, I requested done and never heard back. As a platinum member those needs should be meet since I was willing to pay, needs better parking. Should have shuttle to allstate arena!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mhvmk

Thank you for your feedback. Thank you for sharing that our hotel is comfortable with spacious nice dining facility. Your inputs, as an elite member of our IHG Rewards program, are valuable to us as we always strive to improve our service.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and patronage. We are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and demonstrate our commitment to the great service. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

PA
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel is just a few minutes from the airport. They have a shuttle that runs continuously and frequently to and from the airport. The entire hotel staff, front desk/lobby, maid service, restaurant staff, and courtesy shuttle staff were all so very nice and attentive. The room was nice, large, and clean. The subway stop is only a 10 minute walk from the hotel, which made it easy to get to downtown Chicago. I would stay here again if I return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Ricmar60

We truly appreciate your 5-star review.Our team is all about providing great service/accommodation to all our guests and to support them in reaching their goals and they will be glad to know that you have loved your stay with us. The reviews like yours is what keeps us highly motivated.

We value your business and we are looking forward to your next visit. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I just returned from a one night stay at the Crowne Plaza. The Hotel has convenient parking in front to use while you check in and plenty of parking around the building on the Balmoral side but be aware that there is a $24 per day charge for parking. I booked my room through a travel site and am more than pleased with the value for my money. The hotel is modern, clean, and has a pleasant scent wafting through. The rooms are also very clean, have comfortable beds, modern bathroom facilities, and good views of the hustle and bustle of Rosemont.

Why should you stay there? It is minutes from O'Hare Airport, across the street from the Rosemont Theater and the Fashion Mall. It is also within walking distance of Muvico Theatre and the entertainment district with plenty of Restaurants and Bars to choose from. The Donald E. Stephens Convention center is also across the street. What a Gem!

I did use the fitness center pool and it too was clean and well maintained. The exercise equipment was top notch. I checked out using the call in system and found the entire experience to be extremely pleasant and one I plan to repeat.

Room Tip: I had the standard double queen room 630. It overlooked the Rosemont Theatre and Fashion Mall. It...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear webmom222,

Thank you for taking some time to write a 5-star review. Our guest’s experience at our property is what matters the most to us and our team will be thrilled to know that you had a great stay with us.

Thank you for sharing the reasons why you were happy with your stay and why to choose our property. Comments like yours keep us all motivated to continue providing great service to all our guests.

We greatly appreciate your business and can’t wait to have you back! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at cjacobsen@crowneplazaohare.com if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Stafford, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is the first time we are staying in Crowne Plaza and the one in where we stayed Crowne Plaza ORD, we had a great time. Room was neat and tidy. There was shuttle service to the airport in every 30 min. We really enjoyed our stay

Dear pappoos,

We greatly appreciate your 5-star review. We are all about providing a great stay experience to all our guests and our team will be delighted to know that you had a great experience during your first stay with us.

We hope that on your next trip to Rosemont you will choose our property again and we can promise you the same commitment to great service.

Thank you for your business and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at cjacobsen@crowneplazaohare.com if you need any assistance with your future reservations.