“Park and Fly”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Lowell, Indiana
“Park and Fly”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I do this a lot and wanted to try another property other than the Country Inn or La Quinta on that side of the airport as I am no accustomed to it. Upon walking in, the hotel did not have the dramatic atrium that so many Hyatts do. But it was made up by a great room, staff, and dining. The shuttle service to and from O'Hare was also very good. I'll most likely be back.

Room Tip: High floor near the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ted F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here for one night in February after a cancelled flight. They do provide around the clock shuttle service to the airport every half an hour, which is only 5 minutes away and nice to not have to worry about a cab. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful, also accommodating to our needs since we were left without our bags at the airport.

The hotel rooms themselves are okay. Although the bed seemed very comfortable, there seemed to be some sort of stain on my sheets which forced me to uncomfortably sleep as far away as possible from that side. Normally I would have asked them to change them, but it was late at night and I couldn't find any spare sheets in the closet either so decided to make do. The bathrooms also are only average.

We ate breakfast at their restaurant in the morning, and it was pretty good. Overall, this hotel is a good choice if you just need a quick stop in between flights. I wouldn't want to stay here longer than a night, I think we expected more from the Hyatt brand. Great staff but underwhelming hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Libertyville, IL
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I recently was in Rosemont for a meeting. I had an opportunity to stay at this hotel, and unfortunately was left very disappointed with an "unhattlike," experience.

On arrival to my room, #211, I found it lacking. The carpet was in terrible shape and needed to be stretched back into place. The mattress was torn and the towels were ratty. In addition the bathroom had a peculiar odor. UNfortuantely, as the hotel did not have any other rooms available, I was stuck. I left after one night.

The icing on the cake was the per device internet charge.

Room Tip: don't stay in room 211
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Good Afternoon GregC1968,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback from a disappointing stay at the Hyatt Rosemont. I am very sorry to hear about the condition of your guest room and the disappointment with being charged for internet services. I have forwarded your remarks to our executive management to follow up with this location on their services. I hope we are able to welcome you back in the future.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Bloomington IL
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years and although it has aged a little there are things I like about it that keep me coming back. Firstly I like that it is not a convention hotel like so many on River Road near O'Hare. When it was built, it was on a relatively quiet spot away from the hustle of the Convention Center. Although the hotel hasn't moved, the Rivers Casino was built right across the street and very convenient to this Hyatt ... maybe a little too convenient for some of the drunks that staggered in loudly at 2 in the morning. This Hyatt doesn't have all the amenities that you expect at a Hyatt like a swimming pool, so it isn't exactly kid-friendly which can also be a positive ... no screaming kids in the next room or running down the hallway. The rooms are roomy and comfortable, but outlets are scarce, especially around the head of the bed. There are so many lighting options that include outlets that I'm surprised this hotel has not kept current there. For me the biggest benefit to staying here is the free parking available at the Rosemont parking lot beside the hotel when other major hotels in the area are charging $20-30 per night. This is great place to start from for an early morning flight from O'Hare. If you stay here be prepared for the horribly stained carpet in front of all the elevators. It looks like a coffee stain, but it is so pervasive in the hallways that I wonder if someone used the wrong carpet cleaner throughout the hotel, and the owners have chosen to wait to fix the problem. Too bad, I would like to give them a 5 rating.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
joliet il
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We go to the Hyatt Rosemont at least 6 times a year prior to our trips.

Have always been pleased till our last trip on the 9 Feb.

Found the front desk staff not as friendly as in the past .

The room was fine.

In the morning went down to get the shuttle it was full and the front desk called a taxi for us 2 couples still there. Thought that would be no problem till we got into the cab.From the minute we got the taxi driver used the F word ever other word to describe the Hyatt and how he was going to get screwed not his word out of his whole fare and this went on till we got to Ohare.My husband paid him the $2 he would have lost and his tip.
Than the topper came on the return.Called told shuttle would be therein 5 minutes.Well 1 hr later it shows up and that driver never shut up making excuses why he was late and I mean never shut up.
Filled out the Hyatt survey and told them they could contact us about the problem and still waiting.Wrote a second time and still no call.

We are staying again this Sat. and if we have a similar problem with the front desk and the shuttle service our next 3 trips in the next 3 months will be cancelled.

And now feel bad that we have recommended this to friend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Conway, South Carolina
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This hotel is a standard for my stays in Chicago when I can get it at a descent rate. Clean, great staff, small exercise facility, and good food options nearby. Only detractor seems to be a consistant negative attitude from the airport bus drivers, they project a defensivenes, bordering on rude, they have learned from picking up too many passengers that want to go to the nearby Hyatt regency property. The Hyatt Rosemont's buses run half as often as the Rengency's, so expect to wait if being picked up at O'hare. Otherwise, enjoy the stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room on side opposite from the front.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Thank you for you loyalty to the hotel. I'm so glad that they staff is so great during your stays at the hotel. I'm happy to hear that you enjoy the room accommodations as well as the hotel facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Becky S.- Guest Relations Associate
Louisville, KY
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt during the extreme cold in early January. After being stuck for several days, we asked the shuttle driver if he would drop us off at Giordano's on his way to the airport, which he did. When we called for a ride back to the hotel, the front desk staff refused told us they don't do courtesy rides/pick-ups and that we had to walk the 1/2 mile back in -46 wind chill. Although I understand they don't do courtesy rides to local restaurants, it would have been nice had they told us that up front and, furthermore, shown some regard for our well-being and agreed to make an exception due to the weather. We felt very unappreciated as customers that afternoon.

The Hyatt Rosemont is, otherwise, an excellent hotel. The staff is friendly and eager to help. Rooms are spacious and very comfortable. My only disappointment was being told to walk back in such frigid temperatures.

Room Tip: Every room has been outstanding.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business