“Decent Hotel Close to O'Hare”
Review of Hyatt Rosemont

Hyatt Rosemont
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My sister and I flew into O'Hare for my uncle's services and stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The hotel is about 5 minutes away from the airport, so that was a big plus. Parking is plentiful in a parking structure next to the hotel. The front desk staff was efficient and friendly. The decor of the lobby was modern but welcoming. Our 3rd floor room was quiet and the view was of the big casino next door. The only time I heard anyone on our floor was early on the 1st morning. Housekeeping were talking loudly down the hall to one another. The room itself was a decent size and fairly comfortable. I had no problems getting to sleep on the beds, but they were full size beds instead of queens as my sister expected. It was nice to have a fridge in the room. The signal to the TV in the room was spotty at best, so we didn't use it at all. I normally don't stay at the Hyatt, so I was surprised when I found out there was a daily charge for wifi. I was also surprised when I went down to the business center and had to pay $5.95 for 15 minutes on their computers and $0.50/printed page. We did have breakfast in their restaurant (free with our room rate). The food was ok - nothing special, but the service was quick and friendly. On the day I flew home, I took their free airport shuttle back which ran every 30 minutes on the hour. All in all, this was a decent stay. I guess I expected more for the price we paid. I would probably stay again if I got a really good rate, otherwise I'd probably pass.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

I am very pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay during your uncle's service at the Hyatt Rosemont. We are grateful to hear that you had a decent stay and will continue to stay at this property in the future if you will got a good rate. Thank you for sharing your appreciation with us and your kind comments were forwarded to the Executive management team at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you again in the near future.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Rosemont April 2-5. Overall, good experience. Helpful staff, always quick check in with hyatt. early check in granted. PLUS is FREE parking in a covered garage!!!. The breakfast buffet (free with AAA) was your basic buffet, but got old after the 4th morning. No omelette station. Your basic scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, french toast, pancakes, dry and hot cereal, fresh fruit. RECOMMENDATION: update the T.V listing in the room information book - it is currently outdated.
I stayed here because of the connivence for a conference. It worked well. There are options for dining near by, but not really walking distance, I had a rental car. There is a casino across the street. The casino itself is ok. There is a high end restaurant. The buffet is not worth the price. I am normally very big on utilizing public transportation, I did not on this visit, but the blue line runs to Rosemont. ODR airport is VERY close. Room itself is what is expected. extremely fast wireless or wired internet. Hot water in the shower with good pressure. very comfortable beds. Rooms are extremely quiet. I'd stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I do this a lot and wanted to try another property other than the Country Inn or La Quinta on that side of the airport as I am no accustomed to it. Upon walking in, the hotel did not have the dramatic atrium that so many Hyatts do. But it was made up by a great room, staff, and dining. The shuttle service to and from O'Hare was also very good. I'll most likely be back.

Room Tip: High floor near the elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ted F
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here for one night in February after a cancelled flight. They do provide around the clock shuttle service to the airport every half an hour, which is only 5 minutes away and nice to not have to worry about a cab. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful, also accommodating to our needs since we were left without our bags at the airport.

The hotel rooms themselves are okay. Although the bed seemed very comfortable, there seemed to be some sort of stain on my sheets which forced me to uncomfortably sleep as far away as possible from that side. Normally I would have asked them to change them, but it was late at night and I couldn't find any spare sheets in the closet either so decided to make do. The bathrooms also are only average.

We ate breakfast at their restaurant in the morning, and it was pretty good. Overall, this hotel is a good choice if you just need a quick stop in between flights. I wouldn't want to stay here longer than a night, I think we expected more from the Hyatt brand. Great staff but underwhelming hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I recently was in Rosemont for a meeting. I had an opportunity to stay at this hotel, and unfortunately was left very disappointed with an "unhattlike," experience.

On arrival to my room, #211, I found it lacking. The carpet was in terrible shape and needed to be stretched back into place. The mattress was torn and the towels were ratty. In addition the bathroom had a peculiar odor. UNfortuantely, as the hotel did not have any other rooms available, I was stuck. I left after one night.

The icing on the cake was the per device internet charge.

Room Tip: don't stay in room 211
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Good Afternoon GregC1968,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback from a disappointing stay at the Hyatt Rosemont. I am very sorry to hear about the condition of your guest room and the disappointment with being charged for internet services. I have forwarded your remarks to our executive management to follow up with this location on their services. I hope we are able to welcome you back in the future.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years and although it has aged a little there are things I like about it that keep me coming back. Firstly I like that it is not a convention hotel like so many on River Road near O'Hare. When it was built, it was on a relatively quiet spot away from the hustle of the Convention Center. Although the hotel hasn't moved, the Rivers Casino was built right across the street and very convenient to this Hyatt ... maybe a little too convenient for some of the drunks that staggered in loudly at 2 in the morning. This Hyatt doesn't have all the amenities that you expect at a Hyatt like a swimming pool, so it isn't exactly kid-friendly which can also be a positive ... no screaming kids in the next room or running down the hallway. The rooms are roomy and comfortable, but outlets are scarce, especially around the head of the bed. There are so many lighting options that include outlets that I'm surprised this hotel has not kept current there. For me the biggest benefit to staying here is the free parking available at the Rosemont parking lot beside the hotel when other major hotels in the area are charging $20-30 per night. This is great place to start from for an early morning flight from O'Hare. If you stay here be prepared for the horribly stained carpet in front of all the elevators. It looks like a coffee stain, but it is so pervasive in the hallways that I wonder if someone used the wrong carpet cleaner throughout the hotel, and the owners have chosen to wait to fix the problem. Too bad, I would like to give them a 5 rating.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We go to the Hyatt Rosemont at least 6 times a year prior to our trips.

Have always been pleased till our last trip on the 9 Feb.

Found the front desk staff not as friendly as in the past .

The room was fine.

In the morning went down to get the shuttle it was full and the front desk called a taxi for us 2 couples still there. Thought that would be no problem till we got into the cab.From the minute we got the taxi driver used the F word ever other word to describe the Hyatt and how he was going to get screwed not his word out of his whole fare and this went on till we got to Ohare.My husband paid him the $2 he would have lost and his tip.
Than the topper came on the return.Called told shuttle would be therein 5 minutes.Well 1 hr later it shows up and that driver never shut up making excuses why he was late and I mean never shut up.
Filled out the Hyatt survey and told them they could contact us about the problem and still waiting.Wrote a second time and still no call.

We are staying again this Sat. and if we have a similar problem with the front desk and the shuttle service our next 3 trips in the next 3 months will be cancelled.

And now feel bad that we have recommended this to friend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple