“No pool, no b-fast, no microwave, no queen beds...”
Review of Hyatt Rosemont

Hyatt Rosemont
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Erie, Pennsylvania
“No pool, no b-fast, no microwave, no queen beds...”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

No pool, no microwave (what good is having a fridge in the room and bringing food back, if you can't reheat it), no continental breakfast, and NO QUEEN beds! They only offer one king or two double beds! We had a family of five (3 boys and my husband is 6ft 6in) and we had to all cram into two double beds, even though we were told we would have 2 queens. I spoke with them and they assured me they don't even offer queens! They refuse to give you a rollaway sleeper because of fire codes. We travel every other weekend for my husbands work, and we can always get a rollaway if needed at other hotels. Also, no fitted sheets. It's one of those hotels that takes a flat top sheet and tucks it into the mattress, so when you move around at night, the sheet moves and you wake up on a bare mattress that who knows who was sleeping on the night before! Gross. They don't offer late checkout. My husband was there for a conference that was ending at 3pm and they make no exceptions. Our shower head was coming out of the wall, and there was no fan in the bathroom, which made for a very humid room because the air conditioning wouldn't work and we couldn't get it below 73 over the 4 days we were there. Also, parking is in a garage. This means you may have to park on the 3rd or 4th floor (which happened to us) each time you park. Kind of a pain. If you have kids, don't stay. One of the worst stays I've ever had

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank krissi k
HyattGuestRelations, at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience regarding your stay at the Hyatt Rosemont. I am so sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations and you encountered some issues including: no pool, no complimentary breakfast, no microwave, no, queen beds, no fan in bathroom and A/C not working properly making the bathroom a very humid room. Please be assured that I will be in contact with our hotel's executive management team in an effort to address these concerns and to ensure that future guests do not experience the challenges that you have described. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail at social.media@hyatt.com or by contacting our Hyatt Guest Relations department by phone at 1-800-323-7249 or by e-mail at caemail@hyatt.com if you wish to discuss further your concerns.

I apologize for the inconvenience and really hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide the excellent service that is indicative of Hyatt.

Best Regards,

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Pierceton, In
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We normally stay here for a park and fly package. The garage is covered which is nice! The hotel is not what you would call a full service because they close the restaurant between 2:00 and 5:00 pm and the same with room service. That was a bit disappointing and something new for us during this stay but we adjusted. After a 3-4 hour drive to get there, we just want to relax in the room and have our own alcohol to save some money. The rooms are very clean and the bed is comfortable for a good nights rest. The staff is very friendly and informative. We were a bit disappointed that our coffee maker didn't work and at 4:00 am to catch a flight, it was needed. We did report it to the front desk as we were checking out but all she could do was apologize as the restaurant wasn't open. That's about all they could do so we adjusted. Shuttle service is prompt and our driver was very friendly. We'll probably continue to stay here at times for park and fly if the price is right.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your park and fly package during your recent stay at the Hyatt Rosemont. We are grateful to hear that you will continue to stay at this property and you will highly recommend it to your friends and family for its great location, room cleanliness and comfortable bed, and great service offered by a very friendly and informative staff. Thank you for sharing your appreciation with us and your kind comments were forwarded to the Executive management team at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

My sister and I flew into O'Hare for my uncle's services and stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The hotel is about 5 minutes away from the airport, so that was a big plus. Parking is plentiful in a parking structure next to the hotel. The front desk staff was efficient and friendly. The decor of the lobby was modern but welcoming. Our 3rd floor room was quiet and the view was of the big casino next door. The only time I heard anyone on our floor was early on the 1st morning. Housekeeping were talking loudly down the hall to one another. The room itself was a decent size and fairly comfortable. I had no problems getting to sleep on the beds, but they were full size beds instead of queens as my sister expected. It was nice to have a fridge in the room. The signal to the TV in the room was spotty at best, so we didn't use it at all. I normally don't stay at the Hyatt, so I was surprised when I found out there was a daily charge for wifi. I was also surprised when I went down to the business center and had to pay $5.95 for 15 minutes on their computers and $0.50/printed page. We did have breakfast in their restaurant (free with our room rate). The food was ok - nothing special, but the service was quick and friendly. On the day I flew home, I took their free airport shuttle back which ran every 30 minutes on the hour. All in all, this was a decent stay. I guess I expected more for the price we paid. I would probably stay again if I got a really good rate, otherwise I'd probably pass.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
I am very pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay during your uncle's service at the Hyatt Rosemont. We are grateful to hear that you had a decent stay and will continue to stay at this property in the future if you will got a good rate. Thank you for sharing your appreciation with us and your kind comments were forwarded to the Executive management team at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you again in the near future.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Rosemont April 2-5. Overall, good experience. Helpful staff, always quick check in with hyatt. early check in granted. PLUS is FREE parking in a covered garage!!!. The breakfast buffet (free with AAA) was your basic buffet, but got old after the 4th morning. No omelette station. Your basic scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, french toast, pancakes, dry and hot cereal, fresh fruit. RECOMMENDATION: update the T.V listing in the room information book - it is currently outdated.
I stayed here because of the connivence for a conference. It worked well. There are options for dining near by, but not really walking distance, I had a rental car. There is a casino across the street. The casino itself is ok. There is a high end restaurant. The buffet is not worth the price. I am normally very big on utilizing public transportation, I did not on this visit, but the blue line runs to Rosemont. ODR airport is VERY close. Room itself is what is expected. extremely fast wireless or wired internet. Hot water in the shower with good pressure. very comfortable beds. Rooms are extremely quiet. I'd stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Lowell, Indiana
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I do this a lot and wanted to try another property other than the Country Inn or La Quinta on that side of the airport as I am no accustomed to it. Upon walking in, the hotel did not have the dramatic atrium that so many Hyatts do. But it was made up by a great room, staff, and dining. The shuttle service to and from O'Hare was also very good. I'll most likely be back.

Room Tip: High floor near the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ted F
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here for one night in February after a cancelled flight. They do provide around the clock shuttle service to the airport every half an hour, which is only 5 minutes away and nice to not have to worry about a cab. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful, also accommodating to our needs since we were left without our bags at the airport.

The hotel rooms themselves are okay. Although the bed seemed very comfortable, there seemed to be some sort of stain on my sheets which forced me to uncomfortably sleep as far away as possible from that side. Normally I would have asked them to change them, but it was late at night and I couldn't find any spare sheets in the closet either so decided to make do. The bathrooms also are only average.

We ate breakfast at their restaurant in the morning, and it was pretty good. Overall, this hotel is a good choice if you just need a quick stop in between flights. I wouldn't want to stay here longer than a night, I think we expected more from the Hyatt brand. Great staff but underwhelming hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Libertyville, IL
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I recently was in Rosemont for a meeting. I had an opportunity to stay at this hotel, and unfortunately was left very disappointed with an "unhattlike," experience.

On arrival to my room, #211, I found it lacking. The carpet was in terrible shape and needed to be stretched back into place. The mattress was torn and the towels were ratty. In addition the bathroom had a peculiar odor. UNfortuantely, as the hotel did not have any other rooms available, I was stuck. I left after one night.

The icing on the cake was the per device internet charge.

Room Tip: don't stay in room 211
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Good Afternoon GregC1968,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback from a disappointing stay at the Hyatt Rosemont. I am very sorry to hear about the condition of your guest room and the disappointment with being charged for internet services. I have forwarded your remarks to our executive management to follow up with this location on their services. I hope we are able to welcome you back in the future.

Safe Travels,