“Convenient to O'Hare, Nice Facility, Checkin Issues” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Rosemont

Hyatt Rosemont
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
“Convenient to O'Hare, Nice Facility, Checkin Issues”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've just stayed at this hotel on a Saturday and Sunday night. It's a nice facility, convenient to O'Hare, restaurant with buffet breakfast on the main floor. I'd asked for early checkin. When my flight got changed to an even earlier time, I called to emphasize the early checkin. When I arrived at 12:30 p.m. no room was available. Just a few minutes before others in our group had come from the airport and claimed two rooms. I was told it would be an hour. We went out for lunch, returned two hours later, and it was the same story: no rooms available, an hour's wait. I commented on how poor all that was. Somehow in about 15 minutes we had a room. Shouldn't have been put through that.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Springfield, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I normally stay at the Hyatt on Wacker Drive, Chicago, however we were in the Rosemont area for an event. There was nothing much around this hotel within walking distance except for Rivers Casino. The hotel itself was ok however there is no way I would ever stay here again. Way to many other choices, Like the Marriott Suites. The hotel did not offer queen size beds only doubles. Not a great choice in my opinion. We had breakfast in the hotel and would recommend eating elsewhere, Omelets should not be served brown in color. Also no free wifi unless your specifically ask for a VIP access code.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank WHY157
South Bend, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

2 times staying at the Rosemont hyatt.Very friendly staff and clean rooms.Very close to ohare airport.Great shuttle service. We will be back.liked the covered parking!!! Very close to Maria's Mexican Restaurant.You can print your boarding passes which is a nice feature.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you so much for providing us with your positive experience during your recent stay at the Hyatt Rosemont. I'm so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful staff. We are very lucky to be in a great location when it comes to airport access and restaurants/shopping and I'm glad you enjoyed that. I will forward your feedback to our management team so they can know what a great job everyone did.

We would love to have you back again and hope to see you soon. Thanks for choosing Hyatt.

Becky S
Erie, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

No pool, no microwave (what good is having a fridge in the room and bringing food back, if you can't reheat it), no continental breakfast, and NO QUEEN beds! They only offer one king or two double beds! We had a family of five (3 boys and my husband is 6ft 6in) and we had to all cram into two double beds, even though we were told we would have 2 queens. I spoke with them and they assured me they don't even offer queens! They refuse to give you a rollaway sleeper because of fire codes. We travel every other weekend for my husbands work, and we can always get a rollaway if needed at other hotels. Also, no fitted sheets. It's one of those hotels that takes a flat top sheet and tucks it into the mattress, so when you move around at night, the sheet moves and you wake up on a bare mattress that who knows who was sleeping on the night before! Gross. They don't offer late checkout. My husband was there for a conference that was ending at 3pm and they make no exceptions. Our shower head was coming out of the wall, and there was no fan in the bathroom, which made for a very humid room because the air conditioning wouldn't work and we couldn't get it below 73 over the 4 days we were there. Also, parking is in a garage. This means you may have to park on the 3rd or 4th floor (which happened to us) each time you park. Kind of a pain. If you have kids, don't stay. One of the worst stays I've ever had

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank krissi k
HyattGuestRelations, at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience regarding your stay at the Hyatt Rosemont. I am so sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations and you encountered some issues including: no pool, no complimentary breakfast, no microwave, no, queen beds, no fan in bathroom and A/C not working properly making the bathroom a very humid room. Please be assured that I will be in contact with our hotel's executive management team in an effort to address these concerns and to ensure that future guests do not experience the challenges that you have described. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail at social.media@hyatt.com or by contacting our Hyatt Guest Relations department by phone at 1-800-323-7249 or by e-mail at caemail@hyatt.com if you wish to discuss further your concerns.

I apologize for the inconvenience and really hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide the excellent service that is indicative of Hyatt.

Best Regards,

Pierceton, In
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

We normally stay here for a park and fly package. The garage is covered which is nice! The hotel is not what you would call a full service because they close the restaurant between 2:00 and 5:00 pm and the same with room service. That was a bit disappointing and something new for us during this stay but we adjusted. After a 3-4 hour drive to get there, we just want to relax in the room and have our own alcohol to save some money. The rooms are very clean and the bed is comfortable for a good nights rest. The staff is very friendly and informative. We were a bit disappointed that our coffee maker didn't work and at 4:00 am to catch a flight, it was needed. We did report it to the front desk as we were checking out but all she could do was apologize as the restaurant wasn't open. That's about all they could do so we adjusted. Shuttle service is prompt and our driver was very friendly. We'll probably continue to stay here at times for park and fly if the price is right.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your park and fly package during your recent stay at the Hyatt Rosemont. We are grateful to hear that you will continue to stay at this property and you will highly recommend it to your friends and family for its great location, room cleanliness and comfortable bed, and great service offered by a very friendly and informative staff. Thank you for sharing your appreciation with us and your kind comments were forwarded to the Executive management team at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you again in the near future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

My sister and I flew into O'Hare for my uncle's services and stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The hotel is about 5 minutes away from the airport, so that was a big plus. Parking is plentiful in a parking structure next to the hotel. The front desk staff was efficient and friendly. The decor of the lobby was modern but welcoming. Our 3rd floor room was quiet and the view was of the big casino next door. The only time I heard anyone on our floor was early on the 1st morning. Housekeeping were talking loudly down the hall to one another. The room itself was a decent size and fairly comfortable. I had no problems getting to sleep on the beds, but they were full size beds instead of queens as my sister expected. It was nice to have a fridge in the room. The signal to the TV in the room was spotty at best, so we didn't use it at all. I normally don't stay at the Hyatt, so I was surprised when I found out there was a daily charge for wifi. I was also surprised when I went down to the business center and had to pay $5.95 for 15 minutes on their computers and $0.50/printed page. We did have breakfast in their restaurant (free with our room rate). The food was ok - nothing special, but the service was quick and friendly. On the day I flew home, I took their free airport shuttle back which ran every 30 minutes on the hour. All in all, this was a decent stay. I guess I expected more for the price we paid. I would probably stay again if I got a really good rate, otherwise I'd probably pass.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am very pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay during your uncle's service at the Hyatt Rosemont. We are grateful to hear that you had a decent stay and will continue to stay at this property in the future if you will got a good rate. Thank you for sharing your appreciation with us and your kind comments were forwarded to the Executive management team at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you again in the near future.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Rosemont April 2-5. Overall, good experience. Helpful staff, always quick check in with hyatt. early check in granted. PLUS is FREE parking in a covered garage!!!. The breakfast buffet (free with AAA) was your basic buffet, but got old after the 4th morning. No omelette station. Your basic scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, french toast, pancakes, dry and hot cereal, fresh fruit. RECOMMENDATION: update the T.V listing in the room information book - it is currently outdated.
I stayed here because of the connivence for a conference. It worked well. There are options for dining near by, but not really walking distance, I had a rental car. There is a casino across the street. The casino itself is ok. There is a high end restaurant. The buffet is not worth the price. I am normally very big on utilizing public transportation, I did not on this visit, but the blue line runs to Rosemont. ODR airport is VERY close. Room itself is what is expected. extremely fast wireless or wired internet. Hot water in the shower with good pressure. very comfortable beds. Rooms are extremely quiet. I'd stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo