“Good Airport Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
New York City, New York
“Good Airport Hotel”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is a standard airport hotel that is pretty nice. There is a shuttle to and from the airport, so access is very convenient. The location is okay. Because there is a nice restaurant and bar located within the hotel, you may not need to leave the place if you’re staying the night. There is a casino across the street that has some sort of buffet. And down the street about 5-10 minutes is Giordano’s, a Starbucks, and a brewpub.

Check in was very quick and easy. The room itself was a good size. There weren’t any good views from my room, though it was nice to have the windows open and no one looking in. The bed was decent, but I didn’t have a good night’s sleep because I was always trying to get comfortable.

The gym is on the second floor, and it was pretty nice. There’s a lot of cardio equipment and free weights.

The only complaint I have about the hotel is the Wi-Fi. Not only did I have to pay about $9 for the basic access, but this access was as slow as dial up. You can pay to upgrade to a faster connection for $16, but it’s not worth it if you’re not online for long. And this access is only for one devices, so if you want two devices connected, you have to pay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Free shuttle to O'Hare where you can take blue line train to downtown (every hour n half hour) but I recommend walking across the street to Rivers Casino (every 15 min) and using their free shuttle to the blue line at Rosemont; this just seems to be quicker b/c O'Hare isn't involved. Plus the casino is awesome, so step in and take a peek! From the airport the Hyatt shuttle is 15 and 45 minutes after the hour. If you know all of these times they help with planning.
Mirsada at the Hyatt front desk is wonderfully accommodating. One time she drove the shuttle! This woman can do it all.
Breakfast was a nice buffet. Menu food good too. They use fresh, local, and free range ingredients when possible which I like. I think buffet is $15ish, and menu items around $10, so buffet is better deal.
Gym is small but doable. No pool which is a big bummer in my opinion. Nice little grab n go store in lobby. Quiet hotel at least on the 7th floor. Great restaurants nearby.

Stayed August 2014
joliet il
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We did a reverse park and fly so arrived Ohare at 1230a and pickup was fast at 115a.The driver was very pleasant and glad that there was water on the bus. Much better than are last 2 pickups one the driver didn't come for an hour because he went to dinner and the other time when shuttle was full and they gave us a taxi the only words the driver knew started with an F.

When we went to check in it seemed like we were interrupting the night desk clerk, He may have looked up once the whole time. And never did smile It would have also been nice if he had told us that it was a double bed room instead of the kind we requested(I know it is only a request) but it would have been nice.

Got to the room went to get in the bed and noticed what I thought at first was dirt or something worse but it was a whole in the sheet. In the morning when I went to pull down the duvet it had a huge whole it. I just think when you stay at a Hyatt the sheets shouldn't have holes in them.
Did mention to day manager.

Did do breakfast Manager did comp it. Do not think it would have been worth it with the prices they charged.

Will most likely go back to the Renissance seems to have better service there

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sunny50
Paulding, Ohio
Reviewed 5 August 2014

great hotel. close to the rivers casino (walking distance) if that is your thing. friendly staff. clean rooms. good all around. bed was ok for comfiness - but not great. best part is free parking - no valet required - you do it yourself - close by parking garage!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Rosemont, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hyatt Rosemont. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Please do come back to visit us again in the near future!

Thanks,

Danny
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have stayed there because it is close to the airport. It is a little bit isolated and if you do not have a car there is not much to do. The room was very good and clean. The restaurant of the hotel has good food and I think the prices are fine. The staff is very good. The hotel price was very reasonable for the standard of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We usually stay on the Mag Mile, but due to the time of year (July), those hotels were just too high priced so we opted to stay in Rosemont. I chose the Hyatt because they had a great price if you locked in and waived cancellation. The room was nicely appointed, the beds were very comfortable, and most importantly for me, quiet. The "El" was withing walking distance, so it was easy to take the train into Chicago, although that took almost an hour. If you're not a walker, you could easily take the Rivers Casino shuttle and just walk across the street. If you don't feel like taking the train, you can eat at Giordani's, also within walking distance. My only complaint about this hotel is that they gouge you for all of the little things. A bottle of water in the room (that they probably paid less than 10 cents for) sells for $4.00. If you want water, just go to the McDonalds around the corner -- they charge $1.00 for a bottle of Dasani. Or, you can go to the market in the gas station. The charge that really upset me though was the $9.99 for 24 hours of internet. Really? With so much competition and so many hotels offering free wi-fi, it didn't even dawn on me to check that. Well, since I need to keep on top of my work email, I paid it. The second day I signed on with my phone in the room to look up directions. When I came back at night I needed to pay the $9.99 again, even though I'd paid it that same morning. When I called the desk they told me it was $9.99 PER DEVICE! I said that was ridiculous and asked to speak to the Manager. I was put on hold, and then the desk person came back on line to say they would comp the charges. Still, it's these little things that make or break a hotel for me so I don't think I'll be staying here again, as much as I was happy with the room and location.

Room Tip: Try to negotiate free wi-fi or have your room rate lowered by the wi-fi rate ($9.99 per 24 hours as...