“Good family hotel”

Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport Hotel
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed 26 November 2013

It is a very good hotel to stay and the cost is pretty much less when compared to expensive hotels in downtown. Room was pretty big and they are well maintained. There is extra charge for parking. Our stay was very nice

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Paul C, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Venkatesan,
I'm so happy to read your wonderful feedback! Thank you for sharing! Please know that I am available if I may ever assist with reservations for your next trip to Chicago.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport Hotel

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My partner and I are both SPG Gold members. We have stayed at many Sheratons in the past few years, enjoying most of them. This one is special. Though not advertised in the name, it is an all suite hotel. The rooms are spacious and very well appointed with a super-comfy bed, great shower and bathroom and plenty of storage. The suite style room also had a fridge and coffee/tea maker. There were two flat screens, one in the living room, one in the bedroom.. We paid a little extra to stay on the Club Level on the top floor. This gives us a quieter top floor room, slightly upgraded room appointments and unlimited access to the Club Lounge.

The Club Lounge at this property was the best we've experienced to date. It had a nice variety of snacks and beverages 24/7. An expanded continental breakfast is served complimentary each morning including at least 1 hot item. They also served hor d'oeurves each afternoon around happy hour.

The hotel staff were pleasant and helpful for what few needs we had (we are not overly needy travelers). The young lady in the Club Lounge was especially nice.

The location is minutes away from O'Hare Airport with a frequent free shuttle. We liked that Enterprise rent-a-car is right across the street from the hotel. We opted to take the hotel shuttle from/to the airport. Because of this, we were able to cut one day off our car rental and avoid having to return the car before a morning flight home.

In summary, if you are looking for a great location, reasonable price and consistent comfort and service, this will be a great place to stay while visiting the Chicago area.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the Club floor, it is worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Randy S,
Wow! Thank you for the wonderful feedback!
I will be sure to post your note for all to see. It really does make a difference, thank you!!!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I attended a one-day conference at this hotel this past weekend, so my visit was not an overnight stay. There were 3 other conferences going on at the same time.

This hotel charges its guests and conference attendees for parking. I guess I can understand, to a point, being so close to O'Hare, they want to make sure they don't get people off the street parking in their teeny-tiny lot.

So, when it came time for lunch, we had 1 hour and decided to eat in the hotel, rather than have to find decent lunch facilities near O'Hare AND have to deal with paying in and out parking for the hotel.

The lunch staff was obviously not prepared. There was literally 2 people taking orders, one woman whom I truly felt bad for at first, until she started making excuses. There were 4 of us in our group and we figured ordering salads would be the quickest and simplest.

Boy, were we wrong. As soon as she took our orders, she brought us the checks! AND she hadn't even brought us water yet. We wound up getting our own water. It then took 40 minutes to get our salads, which were then brought in a small pasta bowl, because they had run out of clean salad bowls.

There were people who ordered cooked foods after us and got their food before us. We definitely questioned the amount of salad in our dishes because there was no way that it was the equivalent of what other guests received in the regular salad bowls.

Our hostess kept making excuses for the kitchen staff, which is completely unprofessional in the hospitality industry.

She offered us a free coffee 'to-go' instead of reducing the price of our meal. I wound up throwing the coffee away as it tasted like it had been sitting in the pot for hours. The salad portion we were served were definitely not worth what we paid.

Not a great experience at all.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear PattyG,

On behalf of the entire Food and Beverage team please accept our sincere apologies for your recent experience. I will certain to share this with the Executive Chef along with the restaurant service staff.
I appreciate to the time you took to share everything. It really does make a difference so we can implement immediate changes.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed near the airport as we had a very early flight. The Sheraton O'Hare offered an airport shuttle 24/7 which was a great convenience. The check-in went very smoothly, the employee was very friendly. We noticed that it had the floorplan of an Embassy Suites. When we opened the room door...what a disappointment! The rug was dirty, the desk chair was leaning as if it was broken, there was no TV remote for the television in the sofabed area. You could not close the door between the bedroom and the sofabed area as the door was out of position. This hotel definitely needs major room renovation!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank isla-soleada

Dear Isla-soleada,

Please accept my apology for the experience you recently encountered at Sheraton Chicago OHare. I can assure you this is not indicative of the experiences we aim to deliver. Your feedback is very important to me and can assure you that I have met with the Director of Housekeeping and Chief Engineer to ensure a similar occurence does not repeat.

If you find yourself back in the Ohare area I would appreciate an opportunity to earn your trust back. Please contact me personally if I can every be of assistance.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We held a meeting there for our Midwest team. The staff was extremely attentive, and the manager Rob, went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed. It's close to the airport and a perfect place for business meetings and business travelers. I highly recommend this hotel. This experience has made me change from the Marriott chain to Sheratons.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Avidales
Thank you for taking the time to share such kind words about the Sheraton Chicago O'Hare. It is always a great start to the day. I will be certain to share your feedback with the entire team especially Rob. If I can ever be of assistance with a futuyre reservation please feel free to reach out to me personally.

My very best,

Reviewed 5 November 2013

The hotel features 2 room suites which are very spacious and each room has a tv; the living room has a sofa bed and desk area. There is actually nothing wrong with staying here. The staff were friendly, and the buffet breakfast and drinks at the bar were ok. The room was a little bit dusty, but the reason for my ‘poor’ rating is really the ambiance of the hotel. One can see the rooms have been renovated, but due to the color of the wall paper or the way the rooms are illuminated, the entire place seems very underwhelming. I must note; the Sheraton Club lounge is a bit more modern in layout and design. Would I stay here again? Only if the rate gives me a great value for my travel date.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Justin W, General Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Troy B,

The Sheraton Chicago O'Hare appreciates the time you took to share the details of your experience, thank you. Thank you for your kind comments on our team. Perhaps on your next visit to Chicago we can accommodate you in one of our Club rooms or room with better light. If i can be of assistance in the future please contact me personally. Again, thank you for your feedback!

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for about a year and have noticed some major changes since then. My company has a special rate and the starwood rewards program is pretty solid. I began staying based on the reccomendation of a colleague. At first everything was just as my colleagues had stated; the service could not be beat. Over the course of the past six months we have all noticed the steady decline of the hotel as a whole. Even the moral of what employees they have been able to maintain has diminished. The entire hotel used to be filled with friendly faces that recognize you by name and were able to anticipate your needs. The entire project team tham I am working with has discussed the issues/inconsistencies and believe that there is a major issue with the ownership as there is no other explanation for the turnover that this hotel has seen this passed year. We have decided to go across the street to the Holiday Inn Suites where they have a real/good restaurant. The parking is free, they have a pool, they have a real fitness center and the overall morale just seems to be higher. I travel very frequently and this hotel does not compare to the other Starwood hotels I stay with. We wont be coming back.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else you get more and the price is cheaper.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Justin W, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Jasmack554

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The Sheraton Chicago O'Hare remains committed to providing the best service, accommodations and amenities for all of our guests.

I am sorry to learn that we have not been able to exceed your expectations. I would appreciate an opportunity to earn your trust again. If you do find yourself back in the area please reach out to me so I may assist with your reservations personally.

Assistant General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare Rosemont
Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center
The Westin O'Hare
The Westin O'Hare
#6 of 18 in Rosemont
Hyatt Place Chicago/O'Hare Airport
Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont

Been to Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!