“Oh Beautiful for Spacious Rooms...”

Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Wilton, Iowa
“Oh Beautiful for Spacious Rooms...”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Booked this hotel because I was auditioning for THE VOICE in Chicago. I just needed somewhere close in a hotel chain I can trust. This place did not disappoint. Very courteous at front desk, very clean atmosphere in lobby, easy to get to elevators. The room was HUGE! I was instantly sad that I didn't have my family to share it with, but I took in the spacious room all for myself! I absolutely loved the fact that there was a door that closes between the bedroom and the front room so when I return with my family, there is privacy if needed. The sofa folds out into a bed and there is still plenty of walking room and other seating around this area. A tv in both the front room and the bedroom. Beds are so comfortable and I love the bedding at Sheraton's and Westin's, so this was as expected and appreciated by me! Bathroom is not outstanding and is not as roomy, but has all of the amenities that you'd expect from a Starwood Hotel. Free bottles of water in room and some for sale. Parking is a separate fee from your stay. I appreciated that too, however, for this location that is very close to airport. Otherwise the spots would be taken up by non-guests, I assume. I could NOT hear the airplanes at all, fyi. This location is within approx. 2 miles of the Convention Center and about 4-5 miles from the new Fashion Outlet Mall. Stay here if you want space and convenience. You will not be sorry!

Room Tip: Let clerk know if you don't want to walk a long way from elevator to room. Open floor plan to ba...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Paul C, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Iowalacey999

What an amazing title! Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare. We all look forward to seeing you soon back in Chicago!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
CT
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed here due to our flight being cancelled due to weather and I enjoyed every part of it. And here's why, the rooms are like mini suites providing plenty of room for 6 people should you need. There are 2 twin beds or king depending on what you book and a pullout in the living room. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. They didn't even ask, they knew the situation we were in and provided us with the amenities that people often overlook when their bags go missing. There was a lady who knew her stuff and was very helpful. The other front desk gentleman's name was Tim and he far exceeded my expectations! I will continue to go to this hotel whenever I visit Chicago solely due the fact of how Tim treated me. The funny part of the story is that I was here last night as well hoping due to the same reasons and it was great to see such a familiar face. He was genuinely excited to see me and that was what made the difference. To upper management, I hope you know what an asset Tim is to your team and for the Sheraton/Starwood preferred group name. Looking forward to coming back again soon!

Tip: you can book massages in room at about $125 plus tip from bless massage and guest services will help you with that! Become a gold Starwood preferred guest and enjoy club lounge access on the 11th floor with complimentary breakfast from 7-10AM. and 24 hour access to all the soda, water, tea, coffee, expresso, yogurt and fruit. Free wi-fi computers and printers in the central lounge. The hotel has a neat set-up where the rooms can be seen from the lobby. Just be sure to close your blinds. Gym is on the 2nd floor..it's more of a fitness experience though! Pretty cool stuff! Also I have to shout out the shuttle driver named Dre who was very sweet when bringing me back to the airport! Great group of people here!

Room Tip: 828 and 823 are sunny and have views of the airport and planes flying in and out
Dear Mrsontopenterprises
What a wonderful review to read! Thank you!
Tim is a new addition to our team and we are so fortunate to have him on board.
I will be certain to share your kind words with him.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel due to the flight cancellation. Tim at the front desk helped me to check in and greeted me with his friendliness, which made me feel that finally something good was happening. Lindsey helped me to check out and she was also very kind and helpful. The suite was roomy and the bed was very comfy. My only complaint was that the signal of the in-room wifi that I paid for was very weak.

Dear Lu H
The weather has been quite brutal on us this year! I am sorry that your travels were affected by it but am happy and fortunate that you had the opportunity to experience Sheraton Chicago O'Hare. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I usually stay at the Hyatt Regency for business, but stayed here for my trip this week. The service was excellent and my hotel room was perfect. I stayed on the club level and the breakfast satisfied, and the snacks during happy hour were fine. I had dinner at the restaurant Monday night and the burger that I ordered came out well, instead of medium rare. No big deal as I was hungry, did not want to go anywhere, and it filled me up. A few things:

1. my room was 1101 near the elevators and the echo from the crowd in the atrium travels up through the elevators. A bit loud while working, but when I went to bed, I just shut the door. Problem solved.

2. When you park, which you have to pay for, if you have an issue leaving, good luck with reaching anyone if you hare having a problem. The button was pushed many, many times, with no answer. Had to back up, park and go back into the hotel. A small inconvenience.

3. No phone in the bedroom. I never trust a hotel clock alarm and had no phone next to my bed for awake up call. Small inconvenience, but my cell phone was a perfect wake up.

I will come back as the staff was very friendly, the bar well stocked, and I liked the homemade chips that they serve. Oh...and I did sleep like a baby...

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The friendliness of the front desk upon arrival at 10:20 PM was extraordinarily friendly with check in perfectly easy and smooth. A call the following morning to service associate Carol Lindsey answered a question about wi-fi service. guaranteed proper charges, and offered 500 Starwood points for inconvenience which, really, was not an inconvenience. This is the place to stay at ORD, far more inexpensive than the Hilton, much larger rooms, and with shuttles every 20 minutes just as easy as being across from the terminals.

Room Tip: I always prefer higher in the building - I find more quiet at higher levels.
Dear Accreditman,
I am so glad to hear that Carol and LIndsay exceeded your expectations!
Thank you for selecting Sheraton Chicago O'Hare.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed here recently with my daughter's softball team. The staff was very pleasant, the rooms spacious and well appointed. Very conveniently located and reasonably priced for the quality of the experience. Met the GM while having cocktails in the bar and he was especially friendly! Definitely recommend it. Food was good, but a little pricey.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Paul C, Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear MaryR,
We were so excited to have the softball teams staying with us. I hope they were victorious!
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I appreciate your time.
Thanks
Paul C
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stayed a few nights. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bar and restaurant was better then most hotels I stay at. I would recommend this place to others and will stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Arkasian01
So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our Culinary team is about to unveil a new spring menu with exciting new dishes. Perhaps on your next visit to the area you can experience first hand. If I may assist with future reservations please call upon me personally.
Thanks
Paul C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare
Hampton Inn & Suites Rosemont Chicago O’Hare
Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare Rosemont
Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Hyatt Place Chicago/O'Hare Airport
Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel

Been to Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel? Share your experiences!