“Surprisingly great rest”

Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport Hotel
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I HAD to stay near O'Hare airport. I chose the Sheraton because I had points to redeem, not because I wanted.
I was fearing the noise pollution by the relentless take-offs and landings of the thousands of planes the airport handles. -Well, I remember hearing two by ten PM, Nd that was faintly!
The room had a king sized bed, there was a spacious living room completely independent from the bedroom and the restroom was very clean and up to date.
The bed was pillow top and the towels fluffy. My favorite.
The area has a lot to offer. From restaurants, shopping, clubs, entertainment and even a casino, all within 5 min drive and free parking!
Try that in downtown Chicago. Great, modern and clean place. Good amenities, but with much going on. I doubt you will use them!

Room Tip: Ask for the regular rooms with a king size bed if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 1wellfedman
Paul C, General Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear 1wellfedman,
Thank you, Thank you, thank you for taking the time to share such kind words and feedback on your recent experience. I will post this for the entire operations team to read.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed here for one night after a 10 day trip in Chicago, since we were flying out of O'Hare early the next morning. The room was very spacious and tidy, there were plenty of amenities, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the staff was also very nice. There is also an airport shuttle that runs every 20 minutes to O'Hare in the mornings, and it was only like a 5-10 minute ride on the shuttle to O'Hare! Literally, we woke up late the morning of our flight, and the only thing that allowed us to still catch our flight was how close this hotel was to O'Hare! The room itself was super impressive, and felt really fancy for the price we paid! Very impressed, and would recommend to anyone who needs a pleasant, clean, comfortable hotel near O'Hare, whether it be a family or business traveler.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Josh P

Dear Josh P

Reviewed 3 August 2014

It’s exactly what I expected: a full-service airport hotel. It’s a ten-minute or so drive from the terminals. The shuttle doesn’t run continuously during the day—but it’s frequent enough to be convenient. Staff anticipated my needs, starting with the shuttle driver; he told me the way to get to the Blue Line rapid transit station was to take the shuttle to the O’Hare terminals (and board the Blue Line at the O’Hare station).

Food in the hotel was excellent but not cheap. A McDonald’s is across the street, though. I was there for a meeting. The facilities for the meeting were flawless—comfortable room temperature, functioning sound system, and excellent food.

Airplane noise is a concern with airport hotels. For me, there was no problem with noise. Keep in mind that my stay was short—and some landing approaches might not have been used. Also, I generally sleep well in hotels.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MidwestBoomer
Reviewed 31 July 2014

While this is a very good hotel close to O'Hare, I use it for my work downtown near Willis (Sears) Tower. They have shuttle back and forth to O'Hare shuttle center where you can take the Blue line into town ...BUT the gem and not even the desk could give me information of the Metra Train one block away (think Walk) to the O'Hare Transfer Station. 4.75 to Union Station and not the hassle of O'Hare shuttle center and waiting for hotel shuttle.

The Rooms are big, bed are super comfy, enjoy the free bottled water, food in restaurant is above average.

Recommend it for more than just O'Hare Transfer.

It would be nice if the shuttle made a stop at the Metra station when raining but like I said not really necessary as only 1 block away behind the Parking ramp.

2  Thank MinnJimm

Dear MinnJimm
Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful things about the hotel. Yes, we are very close to the Metra and it is a great way to connect to downtown Chicago! Thank you again for your feedback.
All the best,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Last week we had a small business conference for a day and half at the Sheraton Chicago O'Hare and couldn't have been more pleased. Working with Beka and Erin was easy, there were no serious issues with reservations, the service in the conference room was excellent and the food for our breakfasts and lunch was good. You have to read the contracts and work with them on some of the add on costs but they were reasonable where they had some flexibility. I'd recommend this hotel as a meeting center without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Paul C, General Manager at Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear JeffR21,
I am so glad to read that your group enjoyed themselves. I also appreciate the kudos to our incredible Erin and Beka!! I really appreciate the feedback, thank you.
Best,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel literally hundreds of times in the last 20 years. This particular stay was terrible, much worse than usual. I was given a room where the air conditioning did not function well. Upon check-in, the front desk clerk asked me if this was my first time staying there. (Don't they have a system that informs front desk personnel about frequent customers like me?) I asked for all feather pillows in my room, which I didn't get, and I had to call 2 additional times before they were finally delivered. An engineer was sent to my room to check on the air conditioning. He came and immediately told me I was wrong, the air conditioning unit was working properly, and that if I waited a couple hours, the ductless system would eventually catch up and reduce the room temperature to what would feel comfortable to me. I told him I'd already been there an hour, and there was no marked improvement. I deeply resented being told I was wrong about the room comfort level and the functionality of the air conditioning unit. Most hotels in which I stay have systems that can quickly change room temperatures. I am a Starwood Lifetime Platinum member, not some rookie traveler. I got moved at my request to a different room where the air conditioning functioned properly. When I opened the mini-refrigerator, there was a soggy towel and a pan full of water left behind in it, (see the attached picture). The fridge was being defrosted, and whoever cleaned that room forgot to finish the job. I asked for housekeeping to come up and clean the mess, and it was done half an hour later. Later, I went downstairs and asked the manager if he was aware of the messy and disgusting fridge in my new room, and he said no, and asked what happened. I showed him the picture of the soggy towel in the fridge and the pan full of water, and he apologized, though in my estimation it was a very half-hearted apology. This hotel changed management approximately a year ago, and in my estimation as a very frequent guest of the Sheraton Chicago O'Hare, it is not an improvement. It's abundantly clear that hotel infrastructure standards for guests aren't maintained very well. The wifi internet in the rooms is slow and often plagued by weak signals. The front desk personnel aren't trained very well to identify via software who might be a long-time customer (like me). Over the last year I've noticed that employees openly discuss ugly internal job issues in front of customers (especially in the restaurant and bar). They do not have a happy workforce, and most of all, I left this visit with the belief that the manager on duty the night I was there was quite indifferent to my problems. Over 20 years staying at this hotel, it goes through peaks and valleys. From my perspective, it's in a valley right now, I hope it gets better, because nearby business commitments mean I'm coming back to this hotel whether I like it or not.

Dear Signofthetimes53,
Thank you for taking the time to speak on the phone yesterday. As discussed, I am incredibly sorry that we were unable to exceed your expectations. I have shared your feedback with the Guest Services leadership team and have noted your profile, correctly, so we can arrange for the pillows you requested. Again, please know this is not indicative of the experiences we are known for providing. We all look forward to seeing you in August to regain your trust as a valued SPG member as well as a Sheraton O'Hare guest.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed here with the kids for a ling Chicago weekend. We upgraded to the Sheraton Club and were treated as VIP's. The attendant in the Club was wonderful, she prepared a special breakfast plate for the kids, a total surprise! My teenage boys enjoyed the Club after dinner at night. The beds were comfy and the rooms were spacious. Definitely plan on returning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear AnnaMaria C,

What a lovely note filled with such nice things about our Sheraton Club team. Yes, I urge more guests to upgrade. In fact, we are the only hotel in Rosemont that offers a club level. Thank you again for your feedback!
Paul C

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare Rosemont
Hyatt Place Chicago/O'Hare Airport
Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Best Western At O'Hare
Best Western At O'Hare
#18 of 18 in Rosemont
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Rosemont Chicago O’Hare

Been to Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!