“Good Solid Property”

Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This was a very last minute booking after a flight cancellation. The pluses for me are that the staff were very friendly, from the check-in and out people to the breakfast staff and the shuttle driver. There are lots of hotel choices in and around O'hare and good staff certainly help to distinguish this hotel. There's also quite a bit around the hotel--a Target store, restaurants, etc., so if you're around for longer than I was at least you can get out of the hotel.

My room was pretty much like every other Residence Inn I've been in, though the bathroom was looking a little tired. The shuttle worked out fine for me coming and going, but I'd say the 30-minute intervals are a bit long if you happen to have just missed one at the airport. I clearly had, and then there were some serious traffic issues due to a problem on the highway backing everything up so the shuttle took a long time to come: I was looking longingly at the Hilton across from the shuttle pick up spot while I waited figuring that would have been a better choice, albeit more expensive.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank arf68
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your flight cancellation. We are always happy to help folks who are stranded at O'Hare. Our staff understands the frustrations of flight delays, and we always do our best to try to brighten the day of any weary traveler. I am happy to hear that you found us to be a comfortable, convenient and economical alternative to a cot in the airport terminal. Thank you again, we hope to see you soon under better circumstances.

Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

We choose this hotel because apparently seems to be close to the All State Arena and we got concert tickets. The hotel is with in walking distance! Save yourself $20 at the arena parking and enjoy the comfort and cleanliness of a nice spacious hotel room.

• Stayed: November 2013
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for the concert you attended at the All-State Arena! Our location is indeed super convenient for events at the Arena as it is only a 500 yard walk from our front door. I am glad to hear that you found our rooms to be spacious and comfortable, and we hope to see you again soon for another show!

Reviewed 21 December 2013

My friend and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful, giving us a room on the closest side to the Arena..which was a 2 minute walk. We stayed on the bottom floor and it was very quiet. The studio room was perfect for us and it was nice to have a door separating us for some privacy. Loved having 3 pillows each!! Breakfast was awesome..lots to choose from, even if you are gluten free..probably the best continental brkfst offering I've seen.
The only thing I would suggest, and I know it would have been provided if asked...but would have liked to have 4 bath towels in the room vs. 2. Overall I would definitely stay here again and will highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for staying with us for your event at the All-State Arena! I am happy to hear that you found our location to be convenient to the arena, and that you enjoyoed our pillows and complimentary breakfast buffet. We hope to see you again soon for another event at the Arena! Thanks again.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed one night at the Residence Inn and able to leave our car when flying out of O'Hare for vacation. Great location for doing the stay and fly, shuttle to O'Hare leaves every half-hour. Staff was very friendly and room was nice with small kitchen.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for taking advantage of our Park N Fly rate while traveling out of O'Hare! We are happy to offer this option to our guests, and it is nice to hear that you found it convenient and cost effective. We hope to see you again the next time you travel out of O'Hare. Thank you again!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

This place was ideally located and only 10 minutes drive to my office. I stayed more than one months in this property. I found the health center equipment is adequate. There is no indoor swimming pool. There is nothing after work hours in this property, which will keep off from this property. However, they arrange social dinner which gives opportunity to interact with people.The rooms are really spacious and well maintained. The room service was good. Overall i am satisfied with stay except the health club.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your extended time in the Chicago area. I am happy that you found our location to be convenient to your office for a longer stay and that you enjoyed interacting with our staff and other guests at our evening social hour. We hope to see you again when you travels bring you to the Chicago area. Thank you again!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Some friends and I just stayed for an event at the All State Arena which is literally walking distance from the Residence Inn. We had a 2 bedroom suite. Very nice rooms. Clean and comfortable. The beds were comfortable with nice linens and an ample supply of pillows. TVs and appliances were modern and the whole place was well maintained. We had a breakfast buffet included at no charge with a nice selection of hot and cold food. The employees were very friendly and helpful. We had a great stay.

Room Tip: We requested rooms on the back side of the hotel that are closest to the Arena for convenience in wa...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LizzyGeorg
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Ms. Boyce,

Thank you for staying with us for your trip to the Ringling Bros Circus at All-State Arena. It was a pleasure speaking with you on the phone and making sure your reservations were taken care of. I hope you enjoyed the show as well as your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and that our staff made you feel right at home. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thanks again!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I booked this hotel sort of last-minute as I had an unplanned overnight at ORD.

When arriving the shuttle bus terminal at O'Hare, I was surprised to see the shuttle sitting and waiting, because I didn't expect it for another 15 minutes. The driver said that he had no other passengers, so was just waiting around until someone showed up. I did! He shut the door and we were on our way.

I was warmly greeted upon arriving by two night clerks. I also noticed in the background they had my name written on a board, welcoming me as a Marriott Gold member. That was a nice touch! I was handed my keys promptly and proceeded to my room.

The room was excellent. I had booked a 1-bedroom suite, but was upgraded to a 2-bedroom suite (overkill, but I'm not complaining, it gave me a choice of which room I wanted to sleep in). I was impressed to find a fireplace (which I did use as it was a chilly night), along with all of the other amenities expected at a R.I...Full kitchen, fridge, etc.

I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for being a Gold Member with Marriott and choosing our property for your unexpected overnight stay near O'Hare Airport. We are always happy to welcome loyal Marriott Rewards members and certainly try to provide an upgraded room if available. Our shuttle service runs every 30 minutes to O'hare from 5am until 1am to ensure that you are transported to us as promptly as possible. We hope to see you again the next time your business brings you to our area. Thank you again for staying with us!

Cory Fay

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
Hyatt Place Chicago/O'Hare Airport
#18 of 18 in Rosemont
Wyndham Chicago O'Hare
Wyndham Chicago O'Hare
#5 of 9 in Des Plaines

Been to Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!