“Business Trip”

Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Had a business trip in the area outside of Chicago for a few nights with a coworker. on the last night my coworker had to drive to Milwaukee, so i needed a hotel with a shuttle to the airport. Every hotel was booked except this one. When i showed up the staff was friendly and the room was clean. Shuttle service starts at 5am. I was only in the hotel for about 10 hours, but it seemed nice. No complaints here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for stopping in to see us on your way out of town. I am glad to hear that we could accommodate you when the rest of the area was all booked up. We are happy to provide the shuttle service you used to O'Hare airport for the convenience of our guests. We hope to see you the next time you travel to the area, and may it be for more than 10 hours next time. Thanks again!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is a great location for the airport, and its near a million chain restaurants, so there is plenty to eat. The staff was great, there are lots of movie channels and the hotel is clean. My only complaint is that the breakfast is poor compared to other Residence Inn's I've stayed at. If I went back I would just pay to eat at Ihop and call it a day. Over all I would say again though!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. It is great to hear that you found our location to be convenient, and that our amenities including movie channels were able to fit your needs. I appreciate the kind words about our staff, as it is our goal to deliver the highest level of service possible. Thank you as well for the suggestion about our breakfast buffet, while IHop is an excellent option right next door, we are happy to offer our complimentary breakfast to all of our guests. We hope to see you again the next time you travel to the area. Thank you again!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed here for business and choose a Residence Inn, because I wanted a kitchen with a refrigerator and a possibility to store things cold and make my own food.
The rooms are nice and housekeeping is good. The only thing is that they come really early in the morning - even before 9am, so make sure you indicate on your door, if you do not want to be disturbed so early! Also check how cold the refrigerator is, when you come. It was set at the warmest temperature, so I had to adjust quite a lot to get it to 40 degrees.
It is a big property with 4 floors, instead of the two story high other Residence Inns that I have stayed in and feels more like a hotel with suites than the extended stay homes other Residence Inn resemble. It was a bit hard to get my suitcases inside the building, as you have to open the door with your key and the doors are pretty small as well, if you carry two big suitcases. I was so lucky someone held the door for me.
The breakfast area is big and there are the usual choices. They do have nice multigrain bagels, but they seem to go very fast, so ask for them, if there are none left, when you want some.
One of the evenings, they served dinner. Unfortunately, they put walnuts in the salad and we were several people that did not want to eat that. I went to the Target close by (walking distance) to pick up my own salad. I would recommend them to serve the toppings next to the salads in the future.
As written above, there is a Target in walking distance and a number of restaurants, which all seemed to be fast food restaurants. I did not try those, as I made my own food. There is a Jewel Osco a bit further down the road (driving distance). There is a small park - Opeka lake - close by as well. It is a bit hard to cross the roads to get there. You can walk along the shore on one side and there is a golf course on the other side. It was not very exciting to go for a walk on a cold May Monday morning, but I guess there will be a lot going on in the summer and in the weekends, when people can go fishing, renting paddle boats etc.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Chicago. It sounds like you are familiar with Residence Inn, and I am happy to hear that our hotel was able to meet your expectations. It is nice to hear that you were able to take full advantage of the local area during your stay, including the Target next door, and Lake Opeka park just down the street from us. We appreciate your loyalty to Residence Inn when you travel, and hope to see you again the next time you come to the Chicago area. Thank you again for the kind review!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Had a stopover here for a quick night after a long TATL flight.

Hotel shuttle runs every 1/2 hour to and from airport. Free (but I tip) and decent service. Prior reviews said they share shuttle with other hotels but I was told by front desk that this is no longer the case. Dedicated hotel shuttle is nice.

Check in courteous.

Hotel is adjacent to what used to be the Rosemont Horizon arena, now is Allstate Center (?). Very short walk to Shake and Steak burger place, Jimmy Johns sandwhich place, Italian restaurant, Chilis, Longhorn Steakhouse and other places. No need for a cab.

I actually ordered a delivery of Giordano's stuffed pizza to my room, as I must have Giordano's when in Chicago!!! Most excellent. Takes about an hour to get pizza, as stuffed crust takes a while to prepare.

Room was typical Residence in one room suite. Clean and in good shape. Two LCD TV's and kitchenette. Free internet.

I had an early 8am flight, so left at 6:30 am before weekend breakfast hours ( start at 8 am, 6 am weekdays), but they still had juice, fruit, yogurt and cold cereal available, plus coffee and hot cocoa.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Interior courtyard view to avoid freeway noise, though I didn't notice any noise in particular.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. You are correct about our shuttle, we have our own vans that are only used specifically for the Residence Inn. We are easy to spot at the airport as all of our shuttle vans have our logo, address and phone number on them. Great choice to go with Giordano's for pizza delivery, their deep dish is delicious! I am happy to hear you were still able to grab a quick bite to eat before your early morning flight. Although we don't start serving breakfast until 8 on the weekends, we have coffee 24 hours a day and always try to have a few items out for our early risers. Thank you again for the positive feedback, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

If you choose the park and fly option, this is a great hotel. Martin, our driver is the best! The two-bedroom suites are the way to go as you unwind before a busy travel schedule. There are plenty of dining opportunities nearby and even a Target store for last minute vacation items.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with us by using our Park N Fly package. I am glad you had the opportunity to meet Martin, he is a pleasure to talk with and a valuable part of our team here. It is nice to hear that our two bedroom suite provided you with plenty of room to relax as well. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I reserved this hotel last year when attending the Marc Anthony concert. It was literally a few minutes walk to the Arena. My family, friends and I all reserved a Two-Bedroom Suite w/ Sofa Bed. The place was lovely and well kept. Full kitchen is a plus. Breakfast was also great. There are a lot of restaurants to choose from and even a Target close by. We liked it so much we are all staying there again in Sept for another Marc Anthony concert. This time we chose to stay two nights instead of one to make the best of our weekend get-away.

Room Tip: The Two-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed was exactly what we needed for my family of five. Everyone...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us while attending the Marc Anthony concert last year. I am happy to hear that our 2 bedroom suite provided plenty of space for your family for the night. We are looking forward to seeing you again this September for the next show! Our full buffet breakfast will still be available to feed the whole family in the morning! See you soon!

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at your hotel Sunday evening . Me and my colleague had a few issues with the busy center with trying to print and the gentleman at the front desk really didn't show interest with helping out. So ,I came back after hours giving it another shot and no luck, but your genuine front desk clerk Latosha really went out of her way to print, fax and photocopy documents for my colleague and I. I think she should be at the front desk at all times. She really helped us out tremendously! Latosha, you rock!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent business trip with us. I am sorry to hear that you experienced some issues with our business center. It is our goal to be able to make sure you are as productive as possible while on the road. I am happy to hear that Latosha went out of her way to make sure you were able to print the documents you needed. She is truly an asset to us at the front desk and if we could keep her 24 hours a day 7 days a week we certainly would! Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to seeing you again soon.