“chicago”

Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We went up for the weekend Cardinals/Cubs series and all of the downtown hotels were (expectedly) too expensive and we don't shy away from the "L" so this worked out just fine. You do need to plan for a long commute but this weekend took extra long because there were track closures on both the red line and blue line so we had to disembark the "L" then go out and catch and shuttle bus who then shuttled us past the closed track area. This took an extreme amount of time so it took us a minimum of 1.5 hours to get from Rosemont station to downtown. We got a 2 bedroom suite which suited us fine and the breakfast was nice but was extremely crowded and out of stock. There again, we were there during an abnormally high visitor time period so cannot "ding" too much. We drove to Chicago so we had a vehicle and they did not charge for parking (yay) and we were able to park over at the Rosemont station for about $5.00 per day.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Hi Bev,

I hope that you were cheering for the Cubbies this past weekend! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the two bedroom suite with your family. They are perfect for spreading out and having some privacy, they do go fast in the Summer so I'm glad you booked early. The "L" enhancements to the Blue Line can make travel to the city a bit slow on the weekends, but you can always check www.transitchicago.com to see if there are any track issues or closures before you visit. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed here overnight after a late arrival at O'Hare.
Tail has rather curious layout and it took us a minute or so to find the front entrance!
Check in was quick and efficient and rooms as usual were clean and comfortable and it appeared the carpets were newly cleaned. Bed was comfortable with good bedlinens
Breakfast was slightly above average for a " complimentary" breakfast and the serving staff were quick and efficient.
Minimal overnight aircraft noise
Well worth considering.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hello travguy,

I'm glad you were able to find us after your late arrival at O'Hare. It is great to hear that our staff and rooms were up to the high standard that you expect from a Marriott hotel. We actually just had our carpets cleaned at the beginning of the month and have them professionally cleaned twice per year in order to maintain a high level of cleanliness, thank you for noticing! We hope to see you again for a longer trip next time. Thanks again!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and had a wonderful time. The staff were friendly, accommodating and extremely helpful. They gave us information on the local area, everything from tolls on the freeway to catching the L from O'Hare. Every staff we encountered was fabulous (housekeeping, shuttle drivers, front desk staff). The room was perfect for my husband and I and our 3 kids. Spacious, double bathrooms, perfect for spreading out when needed. My kids loved the pool. There was plenty of seating available around the pool with chairs in the sun and the shade. Breakfast choices were great. A good variety of items. We were pleased with the evening social as well. Top notch property and staff. We will definitely be back!

Hi Dawn,

I am happy to hear that your family enjoyed your stay with us. Our outdoor pool and courtyard are certainly a great area to keep the kids entertained and relax on a Chicago Summer Day. I hope you were able to take advantage of the L to get to downtown, it is a convenient way to dodge traffic and tolls while getting a taste of the Chicago experience. Thank you for choosing us for your family get away, we look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Loved the stay, the hotel was very supportive of Herbalife as we took over the hotel for the annual extravaganza! And Martin Sanchez was the greatest shuttle driver I have ever had, he held a good conversation when I was the only passenger, and also worked to accommodate us as we all left at the end of the weekend!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jmaness
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Hello Jmaness,

Thank you for your kind words about our driver Martin. Our hotel was happy to have the attendees of the Herbalife convention stay with us, and it is great to hear that he is part of what made your stay special. It was nice to be surrounded by all the energy that the convention generated in the Rosemont area. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Clean, comfortable, great staff. We stay here once or twice a year while visiting family and it is fantastic. Gloria, who oversees the morning breakfast, is a bright spot. She is so kind and accommodating. I always enjoy the fitness center which is clean and always in working order.
Not a bad commute to attractions downtown (as long as you avoid rush hours! :-) and across the street from the arena. We see lots of flight attendants from Ohare here as well.

Stayed: July 2014
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for continuing to stay with us while visiting your family in the area. I am happy to hear that you have been able to get to know Gloria in our gatehouse, she is a great asset to our hotel year in and year out. We appreciate you braving the Chicago traffic to continue to stay with us, of course we are always happy to shuttle to the Blue Line Station at O'Hare airport to help our guests avoid driving downtown. We are looking forward to seeing you again during your next trip to the area. Thank you again for your kind words!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Needed a suite hotel in the Des Plaines hotel due to an outpatient surgery at a nearby hospital.
I double checked the reservation the day before our stay to request a first floor room and extra pillows. Desk clerk was slow to process the reservation and ended up with a room at the far end of the second floor, overlooking the pool. Extra pillows were requested 4-5 times and only arrived an hour after I called to ask them if I should send my son to Target to purchase a couple if they couldn't get them for me. An hour later they arrived. The room was small, but well supplied if anyone wanted to do a little cooking. The room was fairly clean but not spotless. The shampoo in the little bottle had been partially used, and not replaced. Breakfast was adequate.
Having stayed at other Residence Inns, and Staybridge suites I would consider this one well below average.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your outpatient procedure in the area. I hope everything went well with the procedure. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your request for a first floor room during this stay. We make every effort to try to meet each need of all our guests, and I understand the frustration when we are unable to meet some of these needs. I am happy to hear that you found the room to be well supplied. As a hotel that caters to guests staying an extended period of time, it is important that our guests have all the items they need to be able to cook in their rooms. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us, and I hope we are able to meet your needs during your next visit. Thank you again.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I were stuck overnight in Chicago because of weather issues. We came to the Residence Inn and Amelia (the night auditor) informed us that they were fully booked up. She then proceeded to make about 20 calls for us to find us nearby accommodations and ever ordered a taxi for us. She did not have to do any of this, but did so quietly, effectively, and with a smile. A real live Ambassador for The Residence Inn.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eugene M
RIOHare, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Hello Eugene,

I am sorry to hear that we were unable to accommodate you while you were stranded in Chicago. We have the opportunity to help out many stranded travelers due to the unpredictable weather in Chicago, and it is a shame that we were unable to have you stay with us recently. Even when we are unable to have you stay with us, our staff takes pride in making sure that you find a suitable hotel and I am happy to hear that Amelia exemplified this. I hope we are able to have you stay with us in the future, and hopefully under better circumstances. Thank you for your positive feedback!

Cory Fay

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
Hyatt Place Chicago/O'Hare Airport
#18 of 18 in Rosemont
Wyndham Chicago O'Hare
Wyndham Chicago O'Hare
#5 of 9 in Des Plaines

Been to Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!