“you can stay across the street at the motel 8 for the same price and save yourself the headache.”
Review of Geneva Motel Inn

Geneva Motel Inn
Geneva Motel Inn
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Our problems started when we checked in with 5 people. They didn't like a credit card so cash was paid, they counted it over and over again. After 30 min of counting the cash they gave us our keys. An hour later they complained that we didn't pay enough. The next night an item went missing from our room. When we asked the front desk their reply was "Our staff will not steal it so you must have miss placed it." We then had to contact the police and file a police report. Amazingly 2 hours later they found it "in a basket near the laundry room." Then finally due to circumstances we had to extend our stay for 1 night and again we paid cash. They gave a receipt for the cash payment, but the credit card used to make the reservation was also charged the amount for the extra night. When asked about the double charge the were unwilling to discuss the matter leaving the only option of calling the bank and denying the charge to the card. This hotel and their staff are downright thieves, you can stay across the street at the motel 8 for the same price and save yourself the headache.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank James a
sue p, Owner at Geneva Motel Inn, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
We are sorry this guest was unhappy with their experience at our Hotel however, they are incorrectly stating the facts. Upon Check-in the guest's credit card rejected and declined .and we ask it there had another card. They had no other credit cards available forcing them to pay in cash. The clerk accepted nearly $1000 in small bills and took a reasonable amount of time to verify than transaction. There was no shortage or additional request for cash. Additionally, at no time throughout their stay was a credit card charged for any amount, nor were any "holds” placed on their card.

AS pertains to the missing jewelry, it appears that is bundle up in there sheet and bracelet was left on their bed and picked up with the dirty laundry for that day. This is evident because the item was located in a basket where dirty laundry is dropped. This is why we did not know which room was belonging to. littler they come to front desk and show me the item that they lost it was a gold and it worth so much money ,the item was found but the item that there ware showing its anything like the item that we found it is totally different item but we did make a call to customer and ask them to come a check it out it was a small keychain it was not worth any thing . Our staff has been together a long time and are honest hard-working employees with no blemishes such as the guest suggest, we take the safety of our guests and their valuables very seriously

Again we are sorry this Guest's experience wasn't to their satisfaction but they have misstated the facts,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Rogers, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I stayed at the Days Inn in Saint Charles. The hotel is certainly fairly priced. The lobby and hotel staff were very friendly. We missed the free continental breakfast by a half an hour and the manager was willing to make me breakfast anyway:) I was low on my morning coffee and the maid gladly gave me several extra packets. The hotel staff also let us check in early at 11:00 am. They have free INTERNET and a computer to use in the lobby. The only negative thing I could stay would be that the indoor pool is really small. They don't have a hot tub and that would be nice, too. If you are traveling with children, they might be a little disappointed with the pool size. Overall, for the price a nice, clean and friendly place to stay in Saint Charles. Great location.-About a block off the main street in Saint Charles.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank valgarlock
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Very easy to find. Great location. Great restaurant suggestions. There was a dirty towel in the bathroom. The entire floor of nonsmoking rooms stunk like cigarette smoke. There was only one roll of toilet paper in the room. Had to switch rooms because the room wasn't equipped with what it should've been. Most of all the shower pressure was horrific.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank bryant06
Antioch, il
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I have stayed here many times. There breakfast is free and varied, and the rooms are clean. The front desk staff has always been friendly and helpful! Price is right also!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
chicago
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I stayed here on business trip recently. I paid for 2 nights but stayed for one.
I didn't even care about the money I lost on the one night, I just wanted to leave.
The bed didn't have a fitted sheet on the it. Just 2 flat sheets, and the sheet quality, was that of sand paper. There was nothing keeping the bottom sheet on the bed. So anytime you rolled over the sheet came off. When we first came into the room, The pillows on the bed looked like they were just thrown on the bed, same with the towels, barely folded on the towel rack. Does not give the appearance of a professional cleaning job. The carpet in the room, looked relatively new, but had a decent size stain on it. The public areas of lobby, hallways, and elevator were very dated.
The pluses were a fridge in the room, and it was a quiet room, but thats about it. Overall it just had a depressing, gross feel to it and I slept like crap. Just wanted to leave, so we did. I realize this is not the Ritz Carlton, but I have stayed at Days Inn before, that were much cleaner, and welcoming then this place.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Saint Charles hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Yearly we have an event in St. charles and I need to book rooms for over 20 staff members. We have been staying here for the past 3 years and every year we are treated like royality. The Days Inn staff bends over backwards to meet our needs and are there whenever we need some help or advice. The rooms are comfortable, clean and have all the basic needs, including refrigerators and microwaves, not to mention an indoor pool. After trying three other locations in St. Charles, my staff always asks to be back at the Days Inn. Parking is free with plenty of room.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the three corner suites with a whi.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Isanti, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I have never had a more horrid hotel experience in my entire life. You NEED to continue reading this review before making a decision to stay here. For the sake of your health DO NOT BOOK A ROOM AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!

Upon check in, the hotel was dirty and smelled like smoke. Upon further inspection, the room was FILTHY. Since we arrived so late and drove 8 hours to IL, we decided to stay the night anyways. The next day was spent away from the hotel with the "do not disturb" sign on the door for fear of an employee riffling through my belongings. When we got back to the room the second night I pulled back the sheets to crawl into bed and found a small white pill (photo included) in my bed. Since the cleaning crew was not in my room during the day, this told me that the sheets were not changed. Luckily the room had a second bed. I pulled back the sheets to bed #2 and was mortified to find large BLOOD AND URINE stains on the mattress pad (photo attached). THIS HOTEL DOES NOT CHANGE THE SHEETS!!!!!!

I immediately checked out of the room and went to one down the street. After battling for over two weeks with the hotel manager and with customer care, they refused to reimburse me for the price of the hotel room. How can a facility #1 - have BLOOD AND URINE on the bedding and expect a customer to stay there and #2 - NOT reimburse me for the room???? On a side note, the hotel manager (Susan) wouldn't return my phone calls and when she finally did (after calling her 2 or 3 times) she lied to me and said she wasn't at the hotel to receive my messages until 3 days after my stay. Her clerk told me she was in fact there. Someone was lying (my guess it was Susan). After I explained to her what I found in her hotel she didn't apologize, empathize, etc. She offered me 30% off my stay which was NOT acceptable to me.

I escalated this issue to Days Inn Customer Care and I was treated even WORSE - and even hung up on my a customer service manager. What kind of company is this?????

Please... learn from my experience and DO NOT book at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple