“A total dump and rude people”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Geneva Motel Inn

Geneva Motel Inn
Geneva Motel Inn
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
Detroit, Michigan
“A total dump and rude people”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

When you walk into this place, you are overcome by the stench of body odor, cigarettes (yes, it is a smoking hotel! Didn't think those exist anymore) and stale food. The staff are obviously family and have no regard for privacy, cleanliness or extorting money from their guests. We left after two hours. I have never seen such a disgusting place in my life. I travel quite often and this place is the worst I have ever encountered. We checked out 2 hours after arriving and they never even asked why. Talking to them is pointless. You are treated like an inconvenience. Never again! This place should be condemned.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank FirmButFare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

It was 7 in the morning. Me and my wife were sleeping. The owner of the hotel broke into our room. We worked up in horror. He was telling that we did not pay money for the night stay. I showed him the bill. He did not even say sorry. He was speaking as if it was our mistake.

Please do not stay in this motel.

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank Bhagyaraj P

Travellers are raving about these Saint Charles hotels

Iowa City, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I chose this place because I was having a financial crunch and it was the cheapest in the area. I now understand why it was cheap. I get into the room and there's some plastic wrap on the chair. The refrigerator has some glop on the bottom shelf and it doesn't work. They replace it and it still doesn't. Maybe the power strip they plugged it into doesn't work. I don't know. They need to figure this out. Then I see all these bugs inside of the picture frames above the bed. Gross! At least the sheets appeared to be clean and the mattresses aren't filthy. I go to bed late thinking I'll sleep in extra late because my mother died last week and I've been exhausted. I had checked in and pre-paid for more than one night, so no need to get up early. I put out the sign on my doorknob indicating I didn't want to be disturbed. The nice thing about the place is that it was very quiet at night and no one made a lot of noise in the middle of the night to wake me up. So I sleep in and about 10:30am there's a knock on my door. I ignore it and go back to sleep. About 10:45 the door opens and the owner yells in that I have to be out by 11:00. I'm up for good now and unhappy. She obviously made an error, but even so, what kind of a motel owner opens up a locked door like that? No good! I will not be going back to this place.

Room Tip: Check for general cleanliness and signs of bugs before you take the room. Also check the refrigerat...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank lulu3375812
Fort Pierce
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Nice quiet room, very clean with a feel of luxury. The staff was very helpful and attentive. If I go by St Charles again I will stay with them for sure. I was very pleased with my stay especially for the price.

Room Tip: The whole hotel seemed quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jorge1 R
Saint Charles, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Recently I stayed at Geneva inn and was never disgusted. The staff is rude and very unprofessional! Screen was torn and ants in the room. Very dirty!No amenities given and if you took a roll of tp the called and yelled at you!Don't stay there!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank texasgal1068
Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

My family and I drove across country with our kids (2 and 4 year old boys) and dogs (2 very large dogs). I made a booking at this hotel through reservationcounter.com, and made sure to discuss the pet policies with the phone rep. I confirmed that dogs were allowed, and that there were no weight restrictions, and that the dogs would be with me on the reservation.

We arrived on the date of the reservation, a Friday, at about 10:30 p.m. The front desk had my reservation, but did not have any information that I had dogs with me. The hotel had four pet-friendly rooms, and they were all booked up with other guests. So now, I had my entire family with me late on a Friday night, and this hotel refuses to honor their reservation. I can't describe the anger and desperation I felt when I had to go back out to our cars and tell my wife that we had nowhere to stay. A few calls around town revealed that nearly every hotel was completely booked.

The people at the front desk appear to have been the owners. On the positive side, the money I paid to the third-party reservation service was promptly refunded. It is possible that this mix-up was due to reservationcounter.com's failure to communicate. However, the hotel needs to bear at least some of the responsibility for failing to get all of the reservation information from reservationcounter.com.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Robin C
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

I booked a stay through Hotels.com & cancelled through Hotels.com in ample time of stay. I was charged for one night anyway. I called hotels.com & was told that I need to call motel directly.

I called Geneva motel & wife of owner (Mrs. Pattell) stated she could not help me & will not get a refund. This is before I even mentioned date of stay. She then reluctantly gave the phone to her husband. who was very rude & hung up on me.

Long story... I did not get a refund. I would not recommend this motel.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor & avoid staying here. read other reviews before booking.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family