“Not exactly what I had in mind, but it worked.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed 30 March 2011

I booked a jacuzzi suite at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in St. Charles because we had an extra day to relax after leaving the Chicago area to head back towards SE Wisconsin. Upon walking into the hotel I headed right to the registration desk. However, I noticed that the lobby "area" had sofas, chairs, & a fireplace, but it was small & open situated right by the elevator, front desk, front door, & near the pool/spa room. The lobby wasn't an area that I envisioned anyone reading the newspaper in or anything like that (too busy). Anyhow, as I proceeded to check-in, the young man at the front desk was sadly less than personable. In fact, he just asked me for my last name & handed me the key cards & that was about the extent of check-in. I didn't feel like I could ask him questions about the area or anything, so I didn't & I grabbed brochures instead & hopped on my laptop via their free wi-fi. I actually had another encounter with the young man at the front desk when my husband & I decided to visit the pool/spa area & realized that there were no towels in the room. When I got out of the spa to go search for some towels, even the fitness room was out of towels. So, I dripped my way to the front desk to ask for a few, but the young man was on the phone & he never even glanced up at me to say a word or give me some kind of facial/hand gesture. Finally, a lady came out of the back room & saw that I needed something & she went to the laundry area to get me a few towels. She stated that she'd make sure the towels were replenished in the pool/spa room, but we never went back to find out. Speaking of the pool/spa room, it was less than glamourous! It was small & very plain. 6 max. in the spa & 30 max. in the pool. We only sat in the spa for a little bit & it was alright (not too hot, not too cold). Odd to us though, the spa was a pre-molded insert, instead of the usual tile & cement types that were used to in hotels, but it worked all the same I guess, it was just tiny. The jacuzzi tub in our room was small as well. It was a corner style jacuzzi tub, but my husband & I managed to fit in amongst the bubbles anyhow. As for the rest of the bathroom area, it's definitely starting to show some wear (noticeable wallpaper patchwork, wallpaper peeling, etc. & the tile floor had many cracks), but it was clean (not sparkling, but clean). On the other hand, the bedroom portion of the room had newer carpeting, cozy bed linens/pillows, & a flat screen TV, but the room was no bigger than any other "normal" hotel room. Lets just say the room I had envisioned in my mind before our arrival didn't match up to what the room actually had to offer, but considering the price, I guess it was to be expected. Also, just to mention, the walls seemed to be fairly thin because we could hear the people in the other room conversing late at night (we couldn't understand what they were saying, but we could hear their voices). All-in-all, the hotel room/amenities for the price paid was decent, but if you're looking for a romantic get-a-way, stellar service, or an amazing room & amenities, you probably want to look elsewhere!

Room Tip: Call.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 January 2011

Our Stay was excellent. One of the best managed Fairfield Inn’s we’ve been to. Rooms were clean, staff was very friendly and the breakfast area was very clean.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2010

I was competing in a Sports competition in a nearby town and was scheduled to stay at hotel close to the event. After checking in, I realized I could not and would not stay, due to the less than desirable conditions of the room. ( health hazards included) Immediately upon checkout, I dialed Marriott and asked for the nearest hotel they offered. It was an additional 30 mins away, but well worth the drive. Upon arrival, I was greeted with a smiling face and welcomed back as a loyal Marriott guest. I was able to chose a room in a quiet corner. The experience was quite refreshing and gave me peace of mind. It helped me relax and focus on competition, to go on and win 1st place! Thanks Marriott!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2010

It was everythinig we were hoping to find getting ready for the Fox Valley Marathon. Rooms were great, quiet and comfortable. Staff pleasant. Highly recommend. Good price too!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2010

We found the Fairfield Inn a great spot near area bicycle trails. Plenty of shopping and restaurants close by. Room was clean and comfortable. Enjoyed the pool and spa. Staff eager to please. It will be my choice for next stay in the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2010

I stayed in this area for a wedding... room was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly. Overall I feel as though I got what I paid for...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2010

Catherine in the breakfast room was so cheerful and helpful at providing our special needs.
When we told the desk clerk ,Bo, that we liked wine., she looked up the local wineries and printed the information for us. We enjoyed several tastings on a day we didn't have other plans. The Aquaknox winery was a wonderful place for lunch. We were here to attend the Porsche Parade(yearly reunion) held at the Pheasant Run Resort. about 10 minutes away.
If we ever returned to the St. Charles area, this inn would be our choice.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
#5 of 11 in Saint Charles
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago West - St Charles

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles? Share your experiences!